1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Is Life A Question Mark,comma,semicolon,exclamation,puzzle Or A Full Stop?

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by sln, Dec 21, 2019.

1. sln

sln Platinum IL'ite

Thanks.Punctuations are inevitable in life and a clear mind is required to deal with them.Savour the exclaimations in your life.
    SLN

Thyagarajan likes this.
  2. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Dear SLN Sir,

There is so much to learn from this snippet. Your daughter’s determination to make every child stand on their own legs despite the challenges is a great life lesson for me. I will remember this snippet every time I lose faith in my ability to do something.

Similarly, someone listening to your training program proposing you to become a consultant overseas, is a great lesson to do everything in life skillfully with full love and devotion to work on hand.

Your wife’s last words that you were the greatest security for her in her life was a testament about how well you conducted your married life. This is inspirational for every husband to support his spouse with full commitment and without any expectations.

Congratulation on your and your wife’s snippets being published and circulated to your family. I can never forget the writings of your wife. Sir, thank you for sharing these life lessons with us.

sindmani, Thyagarajan and joylokhi like this.
  3. sln

sln Platinum IL'ite

Dear Viswa,
    Thanks for your detailed FB on the snippet.You are all pillars of IL with a regular flow of snippets and FBs.Therefore I am doubly blessed with your comments. I am a hit and run case with dry eyes,shaky fingers and back pain.Being the eldest of ten siblings I started my career with a mountain on my head and a swirling river to cross.Punctuation marks in my life helped me to tide over the problems,get my five sisters married[they are very well settled]and take care of my parents.Self introspection and course correction regularly helped me to come up in life.God has been merciful considering that I started my career with a salary of Rs.ninety per month after graduation.My advice to everybody is:plan the work and work the plan,Life is a hurdles race-learn to face them with equanimity and composure, never give up like a spider,learn to practice good human relations and improve the communication skills.Winston Churchill said that success has many fathers and good communication is one of them.
    Hope it does not sound like pontification
    Regards
    SLN

4. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello: Kudos to thought provoking dissertation on life from ‘cradle to grave’ and a gripping tear jerking narration at the end. It sure turn every reader as it did to me and reflect upon.

2. Yes sir. I agree in toto. Life is an essay indeed with paragraphs, comma, semicolon, colon, underscore, questions, sadly & happily enigmatic and replete with conundrums as beautifully illustrated here from your life observations.

3. Life begins with huge cry as an infant when it spreads great joy to those who attend that moment of labour and delivery. At this stage it is opening sentence possibly with comma no full stop.

Every moment is anticipation for future. in retrospection an introspection. Expanding question marks that includes interrogations.

4. Yes. I agree.

Yes I agree.
    5. I relate this to a post narrated in

Spouse, Son & I Are Off To London Via Airindia Boeing 747

• Boss called me to come at once to his chamber. I entered his huge chamber and looking at a visitor in front of him, I smiled and said “good morning Sirs”.
    • Director said, “ THYAGI - meet mr. Krupp of UNESCO.” I shook hands with him saying “ how r u? “ he said, “ fine.

• Here is your flight ticket to Bangalore and back to Bombay.
    • Please participate”. He handed over tickets along along with an invitation. My boss said, “congrats THYAGU. You are going to repress Indian Government.
    • Get set to go and your speech time in the workshop starts sharp at 10 A.M.” I was asked to speak about unesco India operations vs government of India.
    • I was pleasantly taken aback. Everything beautifully planned both way and prepared my speech half at night half in flight. A super event superexposure super platform . I exclaimed “super”. Exclamation mark indeed in life.
    6. I relate this to mom, sister, spouse & daughter. They never failed to amaze me.
    My sister: Getti Melam - Supraja - An Apple Of My Eye

7. That is super as reading this concluding part welled up my eyes and flooded me with memories of my late mom.

8. You deserve a standing ovation and resounding applause for careful selection of life painful & pleasant events in crisp cogent jotting.

Thanks and Regards.

God- your presence felt in my ups & downs & in undulations.

5. sln

sln Platinum IL'ite

Dear Thyagarajan,
    Thank you for involved and painstaking comments on the snippet.The snippet came from my heart having navigated many hairpin bends I thought that I should share this with the other members of the IL family
    Regards
    SLN

Thyagarajan likes this.