1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Is It Wrong?

Discussion in 'Friends & Neighbours' started by paru123, Aug 9, 2017.

1. paru123

paru123 Gold IL'ite

Is it wrong for a married woman to have a liking towards a guy.

A new gift shop has opened in our building. We had purchased 3 items on the shop's inauguration day for a family who was visiting India. Upon opening the gifts in our presence, one item for the child turned out to be defective. It was an embarrassing moment and we were angry towards the people in the new shop.

Husband said that those guys need to be given a good dose. But he didn't do it. I said I wouldn't want to take up this firing role without his presence. Just 2 days after that my kid was just looking into the new shop as we were strolling by and the guys came running out thinking it's a new customer. That time I just couldn't control and told them that you had sold defective goods last time and to keep quality things and that we were embarrassed bcos of the detective item. They were upset to hear that and apologized. Next day while we were moving out, they saw me and came running and said they are willing to replace it. Well since the people to whom it was gifted left for India I said it can't be replaced now. Since it was newly opened shop and I saw that they felt guilty about it, I told them to just ignore it. I had already given them a dose the earlier day.

Now it's almost been 2 months. And the guys usually stand outside evening time while I take my kid out. One of them is quite handsome. They will usually give a big smile to me and kid. But not when my husband is around. Guess they r afraid of him.

Is it wrong to get addicted to the handsome guys smile. Feel happy if I see him and miss something if I don't see him. It's not love or lust. I don't mind seeing him as a brother too but society won't accept it. There is no way I can avoid seeing them daily as they stand near the entrance.

Quite a silly thing. What to do? Keep smiling?

2. sindmani

sindmani Platinum IL'ite

Hi . so even as a brother I feel no need to look or get addicted in looking at the guy. Ur intentions are good but u don't know other's intentions. I am sure not all gents are bad . but no need to take chances. This is only my view. Here more elites will give u a better picture.

deepthyanoop and Sandycandy like this.
  3. Sandycandy

Sandycandy IL Hall of Fame

Once married the only smile that one should be addicted to is the husband's . I maybe conservative here but I don't even approve of harmless flirting with others ( I think that's what it is ). Time to take the husband out for a date ( and also Facetime with your own brother )

sindmani likes this.
  4. paru123

paru123 Gold IL'ite

O
    Once married, should age and gender be a factor in deciding to whom you can smile at or be happy about seeing daily.

What if , in place of that handsome guy you have a charming 60 year old man or woman or a child whom you like to see daily.

5. paru123

paru123 Gold IL'ite

O
    Once married, should age and gender be a factor in deciding to whom you can smile at or be happy about seeing daily.

What if , in place of that handsome guy you have a charming 60 year old man or woman or a child whom you like to see daily.

6. paru123

paru123 Gold IL'ite

O

7. paru123

paru123 Gold IL'ite

O

8. MaruthiRao

MaruthiRao Silver IL'ite

Just smile :) and get going, be watchful on what the intentions could be, nothing wrong in admiring a person for whatever reasons but the other person should also realize why you responded back,

As part of our lives we meet so many in shops, on roads, at different places on travel, almost wherever we go, but there is always a differentiation for the reason why we choose to admire a personality.

I think its natural and be happy as you are:)

9. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

Awww...
    No harm in looking forward to a smile from a handsome man.
    You are not going out of your way to meet him . You are going out with your kid.Enjoy the smile knowing that is the end of it and avoid further communication .

Don't do it if you feel guilty.

Agree with sandy....time to put your husband in that favourite shirt and take him out on a date.

MaruthiRao and Sandycandy like this.
  10. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

Op.....would you be fine if your husband looked forward to a young woman's smile?:rolleyes: If he feels happy seeing her and misses her when he doesn't?:yum:

I am a hypocrite..I don't mind looking at a pretty guy smiling :relaxed:but if my husband turns around to look at someone .....I absolutely burn in jealously:imp::rage:.

So be mindful that your husband may not feel the same way if he finds you getting fussed up about the guys presence.

TARIQ, Sandycandy, sindmani and 4 others like this.