1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Is It Wrong Being A Sati Savitri

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Samantha111, Nov 8, 2018.

1. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

You live in US, and I assume that you are eligible to work there.

Look for a job, prepare yourself for the interviews, so that you get the desired job as soon as possible.
    Don't wait for the dream job for now. Just get into a decent job for the time being, and you can always shift to the better job later on.

Leave your child in a best day care center you can afford to.
    Leave your guilt aside as almost all the kids of the working women in the US are left at day care centers, and it is safe.
    The positive side is that your kid gets friends at the early ages, and they get to learn a new language, learn rhymes and skills which would be useful for them at school.

Ofcourse your H and in laws would find fault in it. They would criticize you and make you feel guilt.
    One way or the other, they would try to make you sad and upset for this life. Now they make you feel like a begger, and worthless human. Further, may be they make you feel like a bad parent.

Your life should be all about how you feel about yourself. Not about how others feel about you.

My husband says, I am a wonderful wife. My kids say I am a great mom. My friends say, I am an empathetic companion. But my in laws say, I am an arrogant, nasty, controlling freak.
    Now, what important is, what I think about myself.

You have already made a wrong decision by quitting your job. Your husband was jealous of you. He accused of you for having EMA. He made you feel uncomfortable like a maid at home. Yet, you chose to be his dependent.
    Despite knowing him well, you emptied your savings, and quitted the job to be his complete dependent. That too with a child.

It is our wrong decisions that spoil our lives. Now it is not too late.
    Take charge of your life. Having a career is utmost important to take that power back.

You have made a wrong decision by believing it is a good thing to follow the spouse blindly. You have regretted enough for it.
    Don't repeat it again, and regret later. Be wise, and follow your passion.

shravs3 and sindmani like this.
  2. GlobetrotterG

GlobetrotterG Silver IL'ite

Are you in India/US? I know, its tougher to get a job, but chances are quite high in india.

It looks like he is enjoying by manipulating you. So please clear all the clutter in your mind, engage in Yoga, meditation etc and please be physically active.

Thanks & Regards,
    Rekha

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    My blog : www.quora.com/profile/Rekha-K-75

Samantha111 likes this.
  3. Priya16

Priya16 IL Hall of Fame

He is an abuser and he is going to abuse you either way. First, you need to understand your husband is an abuser. Then you learn to deal with it and stay strong.Don't think that you are doing something wrong.
    Stand up and do what do you think right in your marraige.

4. sravanitenali

sravanitenali IL Hall of Fame

+1 for this

Its high time to think about what YOU really want YOUR future to be- to get blamed by Staying at home or go and get both life and earning!!! YOU need to be a role model to your kid, STOP taking it so much from a abuser.

Samantha111 and shravs3 like this.
  5. Deborah

Deborah Gold IL'ite

Sorry to hear this. I wish you had mentioned this earlier. Your spouse is really manipulative. It seems that he can't be happy either ways. How long a gap have you had ? I have no idea about the job market in recent times , but I am sure you will find something good even after a gap.
    I agree with @Priya16 - your H is a manipulator . He will manipulate you till he feels good about it- whether you stay at home or work. Don't listen to him. Find a job again and this time , don't bother much with him or in laws. As far as house work is concerned when working,hire a little help for the kitchen and house cleaning . Don't take too much stress . Just focus on yourself and your kid.

Samantha111 likes this.
  6. Priya16

Priya16 IL Hall of Fame

my husband used to say that I go to office to enjoy and party...I don't go there to work...he started putting blames on me that I am having an extra marital affair and I am becoming arrogant coz I am earning a good salary.

He is abusing you left and right. Not sure you knew or not. He is also working and is he doing the same thing at the office?
    First, tell him to learn to respect women.

Don't even think you are a Sati Savitri or not. First, learn to stand up for yourself.

Samantha111 likes this.
  7. Samantha111

Samantha111 Senior IL'ite

Hi,

I think you are quite right there.Sometimes I feel like he is manipulating me. I was earning more than him when we got married and now I have reached a stage where I have to depend on him for everything.

The thing is that..when I say something to him..he creates a big scene....he would start shouting and hitting himself and shout on top of his voice and break things..The neighbours get to know about it....infact the neigbours have complained as well many times and it is gets very embarrasing for me to face everyone the next day and I start feeling that we get excluded from many events and that is why I try my best to not get him hyper ....I feel sick but I dont want a divorce ....

And there are days when he is in a good mood and he pampers me...he is good to my kid...he does a lot of work for him..

Standing up for myself would mean that I dont take his non sense..if he raises his voice ..I should also do that and then things get out of hands...on the other hand If he shouts and I am quite..things dont get worse than what they are...

But I know I should be independant and get a job as soon as possible if I really want to gte my self respect back.

8. Samantha111

Hi,

Yes.I am working on getting a job..i know the salary would not be too much..coz I'll be joining back after many years...but I will atleast get my independence back...

he is a manipulator..he pretends that he is very nice and innocent and people in office try and take advantage of him...but I know for sure that he is very smart...He keeps telling me that people in office play dirty etc..but deep inside I know that he is equally clever...

Just the other day I told him that I am joining back work and he said that I can have his card and buy what I want to..when I checked the balance in the card..there was just enough to buy two dresses.

I dont let him come close to me...We have not had sex since the last so many years coz i feel used when he wants to have sex...I have told him strictly that he cant come close to me coz earlier he used to have force himself on me after a fight and I started feeling that he is taking revenge..I dont let him touch me.

Now a few days ago after our fight..I told him that I will pick up a job and will not ask any money from him..he told me that I am money hungry and otherwise I dont let him close to me etc...

he started crying that he is missing his family in india and he wants to go and meet him but since there are a lot of emi's that he has on his head..he cant go..his bua is on death bed and he cant go..he is making so mnay compromises and he wants to give us the best...etc..

he is a confusing personality and I just dont know what to do.

9. Samantha111

Yes..I am working on getting a job..I just hope and pray that I get one soon..

10. Samantha111

Thanks for the message..I know that he is an abuser and i really dont know how to handle such people..I always wanted a happy family..I hate being in a relationship where partneers have to lie to each other or partners manipulate each olther..where there is no transparency and unfortunately..I am in such a relationship...I am working on getting a job first..and after I have a job in hand..I'll see what I'll do..It is very confusing..