Is It Safe For Girls To Go On Trips As A Solo Traveller?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Star25, Apr 10, 2018.

1. Star25

Star25 Gold IL'ite

Hello friends,

I love to travel to different places (religious and sightseeing) within India and also abroad. I am not working currently. So I want to use this idle time to explore the world and fulfil my desire. The Biggest problem is that I do not have company to travel. My parents are aged and want to stay at home. My friends are working and do not have time for vacation. But I really want to travel since I feel refreshed after the trip and forget all my worries. My gut feeling tells me to start planning for the trip and pack off my bags. Few months back I went on a trip with one elder aunty. She was very interested to go on the trip since she mentioned its been so long since she’s been on one. During the trip, many co travellers asked ‘Have you both come alone?’ Hasn’t any male person accompanied you?’ We both were kind of surprised why they asked that question. Even till now, I do not know if that isn’t the safe thing to do. Then I thought to myself if such is the case where is the question of me travelling alone. Then after few days I called one of the tour agents and enquired about the tour they offer and said only 1 person will be travelling and that is me.. She immediately said its not worth travelling alone at all and that I would feel bored. I kept searching for a solution in the net and came across women only travel groups.. But haven’t been on one yet since those travel agents are not located in the city where I stay. I thought going on a package tour is better where they would take us as a group. Will that also be unsafe? Please kindly give your valuable suggestions.

sindmani, sneha1985 and shravs3 like this.

2. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

Sometimes traveling alone gives so much pleasure !! I too wanted to explore on my own but couldn’t ! And regarding safety it all depends on the location you want to go and the travel agents ! As you told there are many women only travel groups ! Wat you can do is you can just travel to tat place were it’s scheduled and from there you can join the group ! Safer as well !

You can find the groups below
    5 Women Only Travel Clubs In India: Go Girl Go!

Last edited: Apr 10, 2018
    sindmani, Amica, Sandycandy and 2 others like this.
  3. Sunburst

Sunburst Platinum IL'ite

If you are going with reliable travel agencies like cox king , thomas cook and in a group then it’s very safe . I have done solo trips before but only abroad with no package tours . My sister recently did a solo trip to Vietnam. Its very safe but like anything else always take precautions like not stepping out alone on the streets , going out with strangers , not accepting drinks and food from anyone . The package tours will have everything arranged for you so you dont have to venture out alone for anything.

sindmani, CoolPie, Amica and 3 others like this.
  4. Star25

Star25 Gold IL'ite

shravs3 - Oh ok.. Sure. Good idea. Thank you so much..

shravs3 likes this.
  5. Star25

Star25 Gold IL'ite

Sunburst - Is it? Very Nice.. Ok sure will try it out. Thank you :)

Sunburst likes this.
  6. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

Enjoy and have a safe trip !!

Amica, Sunburst and Star25 like this.
  7. Star25

Star25 Gold IL'ite

shravs3 - Sure. Will let you know once i book the trip :blush:. And thanks a lot for your wishes.. That was so kind of you. thank you so much :grimacing:

Sunburst and shravs3 like this.
  8. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

I’m feeling so excited cos I wanted to do tat few years back ! It was almost booked but due to some reasons got cancelled !!

Star25 and Sandycandy like this.
  9. Sandycandy

Sandycandy IL Hall of Fame

Start off with package tours and when you feel a little more confident travel alone.
    If you are traveling alone stay in good hotels and follow basic safety precautions. The whole purpose of traveling is to enjoy and relax and if one is constantly worrying about safety it’s not fun. So if that’s the case stick to package tours.

sindmani, Amica, Star25 and 2 others like this.
  10. Sandycandy

Sandycandy IL Hall of Fame

It’s never a bad time to travel ! Go ahead and do it before you get bogged down with life , kids and other responsibilities .