IS IT SAFE FOR A 20YEAR GIRL to STAY AT NIGHT IN FRANKFURT AIRPORT?....urgent please

Discussion in 'Education & Personal Growth' started by Bubblyma12, Jun 23, 2012.

1. Bubblyma12

Bubblyma12 New IL'ite

My daughter is travelling to India,from Chicago .Unfortunately her flight is delayed for three hours and she was unable to catch her CHENNAI FLIGHT at Frankfurt. The FRA airport authorities arranged her ticket to the next day.She is held up in Frankfurt airport now and had to stay for 24 hours to catch the next day flight. My worry is ,whether a girl can stay alone in airport.I came to know there is no flight arrivals and departures from 10pm to 5am in Frankfurt.That means the airport won't be busy during 11pm to 4am.I travelled through this transit few times, but my transit duration was only few hours in day time.Any body knew about this airport night stay?
    How do we find whether the passenger is boarded the flight?
    If any body can give the answer please let me know.It is urgent.
    I am so worried.

2. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

Re: IS IT SAFE FOR A 20YEAR GIRL to STAY AT NIGHT IN FRANKFURT AIRPORT?....urgent ple

Hi,

Firstly do not worry. Airports are one of the safest places. my dd is of the same age and she has travelled to most places in Europe alone. she was alone in Germany for three months and found it very very safe .

But just curious.. isn't she travelling by the same airlines from chi to fra and fra to Chennai? If so the airlines should have arranged a night stay for her isn't it? for it was because of a delay in their flight that she missed the second one?

I am sure she has a mobile phone? ask her to text you after she has boarded her flight. Or call the airlines in chennai and ask them if she has boarded..I am sure there is nothing to worry..:)

3. Bubblyma12

Bubblyma12 New IL'ite

Re: IS IT SAFE FOR A 20YEAR GIRL to STAY AT NIGHT IN FRANKFURT AIRPORT?....urgent ple

I MUST THANK YOU FIRST.I got lot of peace after your message.Thanks for that.
    We booked the ticket just few days before,so we did not get in the same airlines.so both the airlines did not offer the accommodation.Unfortunately,her mobile also stopped working when she reached Frankfurt,she called me from airport phone once.Sure,you would feel my worries as a mother,so gave me a quick reply me .Thank you once again.

4. Bubblyma12

Bubblyma12 New IL'ite

Hello Mindian,
    The next day my daughter was able to get her Chennai flight and luckily her luggage also arrived in the same flight.Thank you for your moral support.