1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Is It Right To Demand Share In Parental Property

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by periamma, Jun 13, 2017.

1. periamma

periamma IL Hall of Fame

@IniyaaSri Thanks pa.Good conclusion by you

IniyaaSri likes this.
  2. periamma

periamma IL Hall of Fame

@BhumiBabe well said dear.Thank you

3. periamma

periamma IL Hall of Fame

@SGBV Thanks for coming.in my personal opinion the word"DUTY"should not come in between parents and children.some spend whatever they have to give a good future for their children and are penniless
    at the end.when necessity arises the kid must help the parents .There must be an emotional binding which gives a healthy relationship.

4. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

@periamma

Of course, that is how it should be.
    Many parents love their children unconditionally and do whatever possible to make their children's life better; thus end up penniless.
    They indeed hope their children will take care of them as a gratitude to all the sacrifices and suffering they went through to raise their children.
    Here, they are not fulfilling their duty, but definitely doing beyond that.
    Any reasonable child should return this favor in double fold, to please these elderly parents.

But sadly, many great parents fail to raise great kids. On the other hand, we see "dutiful" children are born to bad parents who intrude their children's personal life, and spoil everything for their selfishness.
    The worst in laws are also parents, and what they do to their DIL certainly affect their loving, dutiful, momma's boy kind of son's life at the end.

So, I think it is important to have self dependency at any stage of your life.
    It is not wise to lose everything to give a better life to your children. Instead, you could raise them as a self dependent with understanding.
    It is also important to save for your retirement.

But, when it comes to love and affection during old age... I think it is a combo of luck, the gender of your kids, the society, the upbringing, the amount of love and affection given etc...

My MIL took great care of her children, and still do care about them. But the way she loved was pretty much controlling and it did not teach any values to the kids.
    She cooked hot and healthy food all the times, and expected her children to stay healthy. But she never allowed them to taste outside food.
    She loved them a lot and never ever expected them to support her in any manner at home. Grocery shoping, trash bin cleaning, laundry, etc etc are all done by MIL herself, while her grown up kids enjoyed their bachelorhood at home.
    It is love, but it is wrong. She failed to teach them "house works", understanding and supporting... Instead they stayed clueless when their old mom broke her spine due to heavy works at home singlehandedly.

So, it depends....

Dishaa, periamma and sindmani like this.
  5. Dishaa

Dishaa Gold IL'ite

Hi,

My views match with what "SCGV" said "So, I think it is important to have self dependency at any stage of your life".

Legal point of view, children cannot claim their parents self earned property till both parents are living, but if parents sign a sale deed or give the power of attorney to their children then the case will be different.

For ancestral property the distribution will be equal among all, provided there is no written specified " Special Will" been done.

Best wishes....

periamma likes this.
  6. periamma

periamma IL Hall of Fame

@Dishaa Thanks for sharing your views