1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Is It Possible To Live In The Moment?

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by PushpavalliSrinivasan, May 31, 2017.

1. PushpavalliSrinivasan

PushpavalliSrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

@Purple2017
    Leave alone what the scicntific studies tell, and think on your own.
    In my opinion If we keep spending 85% of time thinking of past we can't achieve anything in life. What we are doing at present needs our attention unless it is a routine job which doesn't need much focus.
    From the past experience we learn what to pursue and what to discard to make our future successful.
    While living in the present we keep planning for the future.
    Even when we start a journey by car we have a destination in our mind.
    While working we keep planning for our retired life.
    PS

Purple2017 likes this.
  2. Purple2017

Purple2017 Silver IL'ite

thank you for your amazing post.

3. ojaantrik

ojaantrik IL Hall of Fame

It is beyond me too. But I keep trying. It's a sign of stupidity for sure!

oj

4. PushpavalliSrinivasan

Dear Mr Ojantrik.

I don't think it is stupidity, it is a thirst to gain knowledge.
    PS

5. ojaantrik

Dear PS,

If I have followed the essence of Einstein's theory, the only way to be conscious of the present, the immediate present, is to prevent even the slightest trace of a light ray from disturbing your consciousness. You cannot do it simply by closing your eyelids. You have to sit inside a photographer's dark room. It is not a question of what you are thinking of. You can always think of the past. From the point of view of Physics, it is a question of whether you can be conscious of the exact present.

oj

6. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

My dear Mami everyone had. Given wonderful feedbacks. Yes Living in the present without thinking of the past and planning for the future is not so easy. The present becomes past fast. But We can make our present happy by living fruitfully and. Doing good, thinking good and try to forget the unnecessary things of the past, the good. Things which. We had done the past we cant forget it becomes memories. The future is yet to come so Better try. To live it happily.

I dont know whether I have said the correct thing. I agree with what you have posted

7. PushpavalliSrinivasan

@ojaantrik
    Dear Mr Ojaantrik,

Albert Einstein, in his theory of special relativity,determined that the laws of physics are the same for all non-accelerating observers, and he showed that the speed of light within a vacuum is the same no matter the speed at which an observer travels.
    As a result, he found that space and time were interwoven into a single continuum known as space-time. Events that occur at the same time for one observer could occur at different times for another.
    After reading your fb I google searched and tried to understand Albert Einstein's special relativity theory and regarding time and space. Being a poor student of physics I felt it was like Greek to me.

PS

ojaantrik likes this.
  8. PushpavalliSrinivasan

Dear Viji,
    You have hit the nail right on the head. Yes. We can make our present happy by living fruitfully thinking and doing good.
    Your fb is quite relevant to the topic.
    PS

iyerviji likes this.
  9. ojaantrik

Dear PS,
    I too need to think more to figure out the notion of space time continuum. Time needs to be understood and few understand it I think. For example, some use the expression "river of time". Is that a meaningful expression? One knows how fast a river flows. Can we measure how fast time flows? The river has banks and it inundates. How about time? The biggest question is: What is TIME? Einstein must have asked such questions. I am quite confused right now.
    oj

PushpavalliSrinivasan likes this.
  10. LakshmiKMBhat

LakshmiKMBhat Gold IL'ite

Yes, it is impossible :) Regards, Lakshmi