Is it okay to buy silver articles this way?

Discussion in 'Money Matters' started by satin, Jul 1, 2011.

1. satin

satin Silver IL'ite

I am planning to buy some silver articles worth 40,000 or so,since the price has come down from rs.70/gram to rs.55/gram I wanted to buy it now,but the thing is I usually buy my stuff in GRT and will be going to chennai only next month,so I told my mom to buy 1 kg of silver bar(around rs.52,000/kg right?),my idea was my purchase will come to around 40,000 so this idea sounded good to me,like she buys the 1 kg bar and i exchange it for articles(it will come to around this amount i think).what do you think?any suggestions,will i be losing money this way,i dont waned to gain but dont wanted to loose since i will be buying silver articles anyway and not for investment!so this way even of the price goes to 70/gram byt he time i am in Chennai again I can still buy the same articles i wanted to right?does it sound foolish?pls need suggestions..

thanks

by the way love the new look of Indusladies.com ..superb :thumbsup...

2. mybaby1

mybaby1 Gold IL'ite

well i think its a gud choice but at the same time just ask your mom to make it clear with the seller that later on you will be exchanging it with some articles as many times shopkeepers refuse to take such deals and insist on fresh purchase..

regds

3. satin

satin Silver IL'ite

Hi mybaby1,thanks for the suggestion,yes I will check with them f they will accept it.Thanks!