Is it ok to put 1 year 8 months old kid in a play group??

Discussion in 'Schools/Playschools/Daycares' started by Kalpana24, Dec 16, 2011.

1. Kalpana24

Kalpana24 New IL'ite

Hi Ladies,

My son is 1 year and 8 months old. As me and my husband are working, my inlaws take care of him. He is fine with them but he is getting bored and wild day by day. When we reach home everyday, he immediately wants to go out with us. My inlaws are not ready to take him for a walk or for playing, as they cannot control him when he is out of the house.He is not a kind of kid who sits and plays. So I am planning to put him in a play group, so that he is occupied atleast for 2 -3 hrs. He has just started talking single words. Will it be difficult for him to mingle with other kids in the play group?.I am confused.
    Please help.

Please let me know any good Playgroups near Hennur area bangalore(North Bangalore)

Thanks.

2. orion80

orion80 Platinum IL'ite

The kids of your son's age like to play with other kids. So it is a good time to join him in a play group. It will also improve his social skills.

You can start by joining him in a playgroup for a short duration, say 2-3 hours a day. When you shortlist a playgroup, just make sure that there are other kids of his age +/- few months.

1 person likes this.
  3. SP711

SP711 New IL'ite

Hi Kalpana

Putting your little one in a creche, day care or play seems to be an emotional decision. But you would be suprised, kids have a great ability to adapt to new surroundings, infact the sooner the better. Having said that, you also need to make sure that the people you leave him with are good, clean and healthy minded. You would need to perhaps go with the child the first few days.. hed introduce to his new playmates.. keep observing his behaviour over the week and even later, you would know if the child is happy. It canbe a great experience.. cheers and good luck :)

1 person likes this.
  4. sapthu02

sapthu02 Gold IL'ite

Hello Kalpana.

I stay in ramamoorthy nagar in Bangalore. And iam going through the same phase as you are. But the difference is I havea maid to take care of my daughter and not my inlaws :(. I have looked out for a creche to take care of baby. and lets see.. it sud be fine........

Iams ure kids will love to be there as there are lots of other kids whom would come. My mom assured that my daughter can speak even faster when they are with other kids.

Where do you stay in bangalore?

1 person likes this.
  5. Kalpana24

Kalpana24 New IL'ite

Hey Thank you ladies for the inputs. I am planning to put him in Euro Kids near Hennur. But I haven't visited the school yet. I have heard that this play school is good.Lets hope for the best!!
    @Sapthu02: I am living near Hennur Cross.