is it a good idea to work during TTC

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by ssm014, Jan 9, 2012.

1. ssm014

ssm014 Platinum IL'ite

Hi All,

I have been going through various posts about many of us who are deperately TTC, and are staying abroad...in many cases quite a few of the ladies seemed despondent...'no job...no child'' etc...

Coming to my persoanl case, I recently shifted to new job 3 months back and TTC since 1 year.Since I am new, its difficult to get leaves etc and have to manage follicular study etc after office hours...am sure there might be others also in this situation

to cut the story short, I am done with 6 IUIs and might got for IVF in next phase. Do not have any1 else in house for chores etc and no help fm ILs...:(

I m really confused...as i feel reason for previous failures might b that I didnt take 100% rest (ofcourse DH is v.v,v supportive and helpful in those days..) but still...
    IF we go for IVF etc, the costs are high plus need to build a corpus for multiple pregnancies.....

what are others' thoughts on this...:coffee

1 person likes this.

2. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Xiaojie,
    There are many who are dealing with TTC & work in parallel! But it will take lot of effort & planning from your end!
    For an IVF you would need some good rest at least for few days after the embryo transfer & moderate activities later. You can preserve some stuffs & use them in the resting period.
    Regarding IVF - multiple pregnancies, you will be given with 2-3 embryos only, not more than that. You can manage twin pregnancy with some more effort compared to singleton! Triplet is rare result!

All the best!

1 person likes this.
  3. luckyme

luckyme Silver IL'ite

Hi,

you know i still trying to get an answer to that question myself

life with job can be too overwhelming at times..i can understand ur situation

i too had 3 failed IUIs...but my personal openion is that u just need to take it easy with the job rather than quitting altogether

i have had phase of having too much and too little work but it didn't help. the times i took complete rest i got so hopeful that it added its own stress.

just take it easy. sick leaves can always be taken. give ur health and these efforts more priority and that's it. don't quit, it may add to your worries

once u succeed , u can happily quit and enjoy ur pregnancy :)

i am still ttc ..but have abandoned al treatments for sometime...

which doc did u go to in pune?

all the best

4. vidyasantha12

vidyasantha12 Junior IL'ite

u can do part time jobs na so that u get enough time to take rest also..Otherwise if u r financially ok then quit the job bcos career is nothing when compared to motherhood....all the best..gd luck

5. Chandrika82

Chandrika82 Silver IL'ite

I feel working while TTC, though demanding can be a blessing in disguise.
    To some extent, it will take your mind off TTC, compared to being at home and worrying about it all the time.
    This has been my personal experience.

Meghaa, BelCanto and sushmavja like this.
  6. ssm014

ssm014 Platinum IL'ite

Yeah this has been my experience as well offlate...

sometime takjing rest/ precautions etc builds expectations....even in office in the TTC period i took things very slow...ate ghar ka khaana..etc..i am sure my collegaues felt that i am actually expecting...:hiya

especially while going by company bus, i used to try and sit in front seats...:) so....gossips..

I went to Gupte hospital....what about you

Last edited: Jan 10, 2012
  7. vini31

vini31 Gold IL'ite

I have had 12 failed iuis and i failed icsi, i hv no support system and need to work as there are a few financial obligations ... but thinking of my work now is that it is a blessing else wht wud i do sitting at home n think of all the failed cycles!!! that wud be a night mare for me ... in fact after my failed icsi i have not opted for work from home option even for a day

Ofcourse during the icsi cycle my husband took 2 week off and so did I and my husband cooked though not one of the best cooks he smhow managed ... at times i think i really do not know if I wud be able to take up another cycle given the situation .... and believe me I ask God almost in my every day prayer ... "for ppl like me who need to manage things on their own, is asking for just 1 LO considered as asking for too much as per your laws"
    so my exp says the job does god help in the TTC period, it takes you mind a lil off

and the base line is when the time is ripe.... something works iui, ivf, ic or even an least expected IC with just pre ej soln wud click ... so guess patience is the key word

Last edited: Jan 10, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  8. ssm014

ssm014 Platinum IL'ite

Thank you all for the encouring words...

Vini you have summed it up right regarding working couples who are on their own and no support fm Family....

Atleast the silver lining is most of us are blessed with understnding and 'involved' partners :)

9. nirubee

nirubee New IL'ite

Hi Vini ,xiaojie

I'am a working women too and yes it is really hard to manage both . If you have a manager you can take into confidence try that ... else make up some story that someone in you fmaily is sick and work from home or something.. Quitting is a difficult esp if you have always worked ,i tried it for a year and i think it made me crazier i was picking fights with my husband since i couldnt take of my frustration on anyone else. try and hire a cook/maid for 2 weeks when u need the rest the most and once pregnancy is confirmed you can always take your boss into confidence and work from home or something.Hope you make up your mind sooner . Good luck

10. luckyme

luckyme Silver IL'ite

niru..u're right...it's so easy to pick up fights in that phase and..it's bessing if u can keep ur mind off

and yes...correctly said...patience is the key

i have tried all...taking it easy...working under extreme pressure..taking time off from work ...moving abroad and breathing fresh air(free of dust) and living with less noise around....i tried that bai cooking option too :)

it's all a matter of patience...u need to wait for the right time...and it can click anytime anywhere in any condition

am just waiting for my right time...having a nice loving husband is the best gift u may have :)...i turn 32 next week and am just wondering if i am getting too old ...

lots a luck to all