1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Is His Attitude Right?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by pinkyTulip, Sep 2, 2016.

1. pinkyTulip

pinkyTulip New IL'ite

Hi All,

Iam a silent reader of this wonderful IL website. I wish to know ur suggestions on my problem. Me and my H are always fighting and the relationship is not so rosy at all. Right frm our marriage we are fighting and having arguments. Earlier it was due to inlaws and his provoking mother and father. Later after much struggle now I have come to live as a nuclear family away from in laws city. But my H is holding grudges and still arguing and fighting over all things on earth. He is blaming me for everything right frm my kid's day care to livng seperately. And most imp of all probs is that he is not ready for IC at all. He always distancees himself from me.
    We are married for 4 yrs and right frm marriage till my preg which was after 8 months of marriage n till then we had good frequency of ic later due to preg and delivery the freq reduced and later there were bitter fights between me n him and his family. So he distanced himself completely. and now after all those bitter moments and my H thinking of divorce , i have made peace for the sake of my kid and now since we started living away from inlaws iam trying to b calm and loving to him but he is continuing to be the bitter person. He sayss when i asked him for distancing himself frm me, he is sayg like- he is not satisfied with me and he is expecting more like english movies and stuff kinds. which im seriously not comfortable and dont like. When i told that im not liking it and i dont feel nice of it for that he is saying like-that is why im distancing myself frm u.. This seems to b like he is punishing me if i dont satisfy his fantasy.. when im not liking such kinds y shud i force myself that too for a man who does not respect me and insults me infront of his parents so as to get attention from them. This thought is not allowing me to satisfy him in that style. But i feel like he is like indirectly forcing me for doing that kinds or else he will not be ready for ic..
    i have 2 questions now.
    1. are women generally expected to become'daasis' for their H?? and shud they satisfy him in allrespects and to any level of fantasy?
    2. I feel that what he is doing is like indirect force on me to satisfy his fantasy or else he will deprive me of the basic ic and is not ready to even come near me and stays away every night by watching movies till late night or sleeping immediately or staying in someother room and listening to music or tv or computer movies...

Is his attitde right? and am i expected naturally satisfy him? is this wat is expected out of wifes and am i overreacting with his attitude?
    please suggest me.

2. SeekingMind

SeekingMind Silver IL'ite

Yes, definitely you are over-reacting....I feel as per your post. Its a simple matter of satisfying him in bed, which is your duty as a wife. Its your ignorance which is making you think you will become his daasi blah blah if you do as he wants in bed. C'mon now, You should try your best, all different ways to satisfy him and ofcourse same applies to him also. Happy healthy sex life is very essential for a happy marriage. If you are physically uncomfortable then express it to him in a calm gentle way and look for an alternate method to satisfy him.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2016
  3. SeekingMind

4. Iamagoodgirl

Iamagoodgirl Platinum IL'ite

Is he just asking you to try different position?
    Or he is asking stuff like swinging?
    First one is ok second not.

5. SeekingMind

Thats right!

6. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

Op...very few couples have the same desires in life.
    While he may want some variety ...you want straight forward vanilla sex(basic IC).
    You may consider his request wrong ,he may find your expectations wrong.
    Some people even think kissing on the mouth or tongue in the mouth is western influence:rolleyes:. Someone like me would consider Ic without proper kissing disgusting.
    The word 'Basic IC' is not very tempting :cool:

May be he finds straight IC without any effort to make it interesting quite disinteresting.
    May be he finds basic IC not satisfying .
    You can't have it your way only....because it takes two to tango. A bit of variety will also hopefully involve and end in IC....so you will get what you want too.
    Since you seem to be the demanding party here and he is the supplying party...you will both have to meet midways.
    Try it once his way:rolleye: and once your way:sconf:.....

sindmani, SGBV and Chocolatey like this.
  7. guesshoo

guesshoo IL Hall of Fame

Your husband is wrong. Quite simply sex is not a one way street. He has to keep you emotionally happy and give you sufficient affection before he can even begin to discuss (not demand) his fantasies. I'm afraid **** has distorted the minds of many men - especially ones with not enough personal experience... they seem to get a kick out of the impersonal subjection. If t doesn't work for both parties, it's not right for the relationship.

The way he is approaching this - holding you to ransom without providing you with basic respect and affection is appalling.

Ask him to go out for counselling with you. If he won't, do reevaluate whether staying in this abusive marriage is what is right for your child...

PS: unless he is fulfilling his end of the bargain especially emotionally, it is absolutely in not the effing wifely duties to even touch him with a ten foot pole.

SGBV, PhoenixAwoken and Chocolatey like this.
  8. somsar2014

somsar2014 Silver IL'ite

Good evening pinkyTulip

I am to give you many points for writing a very honest and truthful answer without unduly trying to portray yourself as a woman who has been martyred by the the social prevalent condition. That's why , without hearing anything from your husband some ex-parte opinion can be formed but sadly enough , that opinion is not very much flattering for you. Without going into little details, let me first answer your queries first.

Q1 - are women generally expected to become' daasis' for their H?? and shud they satisfy him in allrespects and to any level of fantasy?

Ans-1 What do you mean by a daasi ? If you know the intimacy matters between husband and wife, you should admit, it is the only thing where physical satisfaction narrow psychological distances. Acceding to his request does not make you daasi but an intimate partner, which you have ruined by your assertive nature .

Q2 -2. I feel that what he is doing is like indirect force on me to satisfy his fantasy or else he will deprive me of the basic ic and is not ready to even come near me and stays away every night by watching movies till late night or sleeping immediately or staying in someother room and listening to music or tv or computer movies...
    Ans- 2 Just ask yourself, are you always right on everything. What you feel or want is sacrosanct and your hubby is wrong ?

Now, look what you have done to him. You have forced him to get out of his old family and started a nuclear family. If your brothers wife (if you have ) does the same thing to your parents , will you justify her ? When you have drawn him him away from his parents, you should have compensated it my pouring in your care and concern. But, unfortunately you seem to have a Victorian ego and one-up-man-ship. If you want to be happy, perhaps you need to rebuild yourself as an affectionate woman and wife both.

May be my comments are little hard , but devoid of any prejudice.

charanya147 likes this.
  9. Iamagoodgirl

Iamagoodgirl Platinum IL'ite

I see so many men see men in nuclear family as victim of their wife.But it is expected from women to leave their family of origin and live in joint family.They are not seen as victim.:flushed:
    How we came this far??Our sacrifices are not even appreciated.They are expected.It just prove we shall limit sacrifices.It just doesnt work in long term.

10. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

In India, living in a joing family set up is perfectly a normal thing. So, asking a H to come out of his comfort zone requires too much work. Too much love, affection, sex etc..etc.. so that he sees your point. If not, his mom will pamper him as per her ways, so that he sticks to what is taught to be right.
    Even if he comes out to lead a nuclear life, he will be left in guilt for his choice. The parents and society will do their role to keep a man vulnerable for his choice, and a woman responsible for this.
    This is where we live in. So, we must so something extra to get out of it.

You were rightly identified your PILs as a provoking source for your fights. So, you chose to get out of that hell.
    Now that your H is with you. Have you done anything in return for his favor?
    Don't argue that you'll (the women) have come out of their nest to live with a man, so why can't men do this?
    You had no choice, so as per the society's rule you were raised to believe that your birth home is not your permanent home. So, moving out of your birth home would not make you feel guilt. The society would not blame you for that. Your parents won't curse you for that.
    But it is different for a man. He must have definitely faced some drama at home/probably in the society too, for his choice.
    Since he has crossed this hurdle for you, you must definitely reward him.
    Else, he will surely keep the grudges, and guilt forever.

Understanding is utmost important in a marriage life. You refuse to understand your H's POV, and he refuse to understand your POV. Then how come you can lead a peaceful life under one roof, that too with all these past grudges and guilt feelings?

Expecting varieties of sex is something normal. But you refuse to give it thinking it is something westernized. Even if that is westernized, it is not wrong to enjoy it. It doesn't make you a Dhaasi. Your preconceived notions on things like this would further distance your H from you.

On the other hand, he is starving you from sex, because you did not satisfy his desire. There is definitely something wrong.
    Is he pleasing himself alone? Satisfying his desire through someone else?

If I were you, I would have handled it differently.
    Since your H is guilt ridden for this nuclear life, sex is a good way of changing him.
    Given the fact that he has sexual fantasies, which are almost unreal in a joint family set-up, you can please him with all the varieties with the luxury of privacy here. This will truly convince him that his choice, after listening to his wife on this nuclear life is right. He may chose to consult you for further decision making down the line.
    Also, no amount of nagging from his mom on this regard gonna work as long as he is satisfied and happy in his nuclear life.

Marriage is all about give and take... Since you are demanding a nuclear life, and happy sex life, why don't you give something to get something more? Just try..

sindmani likes this.