Is Country Club FRAUD?

Discussion in 'Places & Events in Dubai' started by maha, Aug 22, 2011.

1. shambu

shambu Silver IL'ite

yes.. utttttttttttttttter fraud... :notthatway: :redface: :bang :confused2: shakehead

be careful....

1 person likes this.
  2. rnj

rnj New IL'ite

I had a similiar experience with these people. From one of the supermarkets in Sharjah, I got this slip of Countryclub Dubai. After coulple of weeks I got a call from Country club claiming that I'm the "lucky winner" of a gift voucher worth 25000Rs with which I could stay in one of their holiday resorts for a week. To collect the voucher they invited me and my family to their hotel in BurDubai.

Once we reached there, they started to explain us about the great advantages of their membership which will cost only 22000.00 Dhs for a life membership. When we asked them whether its only 22000, they told us that we have to pay Dhs 1500.00 every year as maintenance charge regardless use it or not.

The funniest thing is that they want us to buy this offer then and there as it is a special offer. I felt that it is a sales on gun point. My Husband clearly told them that we cannot buy it then and there and asked about the voucher which they promised. Then they took a photograph of my husband, and unfortunately as their printer is not working then prmoised us that they will email me the voucher within 5 mins.

Till now we did not get any vouchers. But we are lucky as we did not loose any money other than 2hrs of time!!!!

If I get that voucher any time later I shall update here.

3. Humerafu

Humerafu New IL'ite

100 % correct, its total fraud... keep distance from them..
    [​IMG][​IMG]

4. soumyageorge

soumyageorge New IL'ite

Hi,

Me and husband had a similar experience. you have to go to their office...attend a personalised discussion with a sales agent...essentially a lot of data about prices and resorts. And at the end they will give you a voucher for 4000 Rs. Interestingly, you cant use it during peak season and all taxes have to be paid additional...which meant you still end up spending a lot of money...

We never used the voucher

5. urmicutinha

urmicutinha New IL'ite

hey,
    me and my husband had been invited to attend such seminars when in india nad we did attend and it was all authentic... dunno about the country club in dubai, but its not a fraud in india...
    best of luck to u..

6. Nishatsuhail

Nishatsuhail New IL'ite

Dear All,

I also got trapped in country club scam and wasted AED 6,000. I was given a paper to fill for lucky draw in Safeer Mall Sharjah and two days later i got a call to collect the gift voucher with family from their office in Al Nahda Dubai. They pressure me to come to their office with the family. I got brain washed with their cunning sales representatives and swiped AED 6,000.. I tried to book hotel in several occassion in India but no one responded properly..
    Guys...please be aware of this kind of scams and try to pass the tricks of these cheater as much as possible to save others not to get trapped.

We all should approach to sue them legally..

7. rakuser

rakuser New IL'ite

hello guys, today i had the same experience. some day i dropped a coupen in safeer mall and today i was called for the same 'presentation'. as it happened with everybody, they first told us all about their fake story, my sales person's manager was like keen to swipe my credit card and that was making me wandering. our discussion lasted 3 hours!! fortunately i did not pay anything. first he told me to pay 25,000 aed cash and 1200 aed from next year every year, than he old 10,000 to be swiped from credit card, than he told me 6,000 aed and than 5,000 than post dated check and lastly he agreed for enrolling just for nothing, i promised them to bring PDC tomorrow.... i do have their both mobile number, i m wondering whether it will be genuine or what... anyways guys thanks for this info, anyway i was about to cancel my subscription but this thread has helped me a lot. i will try to take legal action if feassible...

8. Shivani2009

Shivani2009 Moderator Staff Member Gold IL'ite

Ladies

Country Club/Mahindra Holidays are Concept driven holidays where you buy their membership and pay in easy instalments and enjoy your holidays with their affiliated resorts for a period of 25 yrs.

I failt to understand where's the catch here. If your pocket allows to indulge , then take their membership which runs from 2.5 lac to 5 lacs for different clubs. if not then attend their presentation , grab your voucher of 5 days holidays and come back home promising to revert at the earliest. Why they insist on with family is that Wife n kids ( if mature enough to understand ) will instigate husband/father seeing all the benefits that It has to offer and then husband will swipe the card. if You feel you've that sort of cash to keep aside and enjoy hassel free holidays , grab it else leave it. I don't see any scam in it.

and why I say so coz I've myself been approached number of times , and each time I grabbed my voucher and came back. Since I was aware of the concept driven holidays , my deal with Country club was zeroing down to AED 20,000 but if I gave them more reference , provided those ref bought their membership , they would've lowered down the membership fee for me. Since Dubai Country Club (Mankhool) wasn't my fav so didn't persue.

Along with this on the offering was a land somewhere in South. That also didn't work out as I'm a north Indian .

So Don't fret, take it easy

Hope this info helps

9. serendipeety

serendipeety New IL'ite

Hi all,
    I am from dubai
    I just received a call regarding the same form someone called meenaxi, thank God I searched it through google to check if it was legitimate. I would better ignore it.

10. jmjdubai

jmjdubai New IL'ite

Its Fraud.. They told me that i had won gifts and a foreign tour. I believed it and I went there to collect my gifts and when I reached their office they told that I need to pay and take a membership. Some fraud people are sitting there to cheat you!