1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

IS Chicago come under this forum???Need advice from chicago ladies

Discussion in 'Indians in Chicago' started by aamini, Mar 19, 2014.

1. aamini

aamini Bronze IL'ite

Hi All:
    We are looking for proposal for my sister. She is a divorcee. she is very innocent and married whoever we in our family shown her. But for whatever reasons or blame fate... we got her married twice to wrong person without enquiring properly. First one atleast it is fate we could enquire only abt his work and stuff but he had health issues that even his arents would not be aware of. Second one was mere cheating and we were trapped. we still have no answers why we belived everything what they told and didnt enquire. he was mental patient for 14 years. he was told as engr and HOD in one college. later we came to know he just joined as lab attendent by recommendation just 1 month before marriage and after mairriage he left that.
    So past is past. we have no answers and feel the guilty of spoiling my sister's life twice. she is branded as married twice but never been married life yet. she is now 36 and after 4 years she now accepted for looking again for her. as she is now feeling lonely and scared that after my parents life she will have no one. all these tragedy made her to be more introvert and have no friends. she is project manager but just concenetrate in work. she is not actually career oriented and wanted to be house wife but she has no choice to concentrate on work now.

OK that is all background. after we had terrible experience now we are so scared to believe anyone. None of my relatives have guts now to involve in my sis marriage as everyone were involved in both marriages and they are so guilty. As a sister i cant be like that and stay away. I am looking into tamil matrimony. I got to see one widower and my sister talks with him for past 15 days and she is feeling very comfortable with him.

He lives in chicago and have PR. all information he only gave. how can i verify his details. Is anyone working for walgreens corporate any of your close friend /relative woring for walgreens in chicago? if so, i can message his details in PM? can you please help me verifying whether such person is working in such role in walgreens.

2. DKI

DKI Platinum IL'ite

Aamini, before you proceed to that stage, is the guy a green card holder or a citizen?

If he is a green card holder, getting his wife into the country is a long process and she will be stuck in India again. Please read the article below before deciding on further action. The general consensus is that the approximate time (minimum) is about 5 years.

If the guy is a US citizen, it will still take about a year for her to join him.

Tips for marriage with U.S. person - Green card marriage tips