is breast discharge normal when we r not breastfeeding?

Discussion in 'Bye Bye Breast Cancer Campaign' started by Rachna, Aug 20, 2015.

1. Rachna

Rachna Gold IL'ite

hi, i m 32 yr old, mother of 3 yr old. i have breastfed my lo till last yr(last was may 2014). while lovemaking ,my husband sucks my breast and i m fine with it. our love making frequency is max once a week. Since last 2 months, i m noticing very little milky discharge from one breast. this discharge doesn't come on its own, but only when i press the breast/nipple (which i did out of curiosity for the 1st time thinking if i m producing milk). i m scared to see the discharge. it has never come itself on my bra or dress on its own, but comes only when i m pressing it. just a drop is coming, not more. I have taken doctor's appointment for mammogram which will b next week. Till then, plsss help me and advice me. has anyone experienced this? is there something un natural we are doing by involving in breast sucking during intercourse? It is anyway once a week, is it causing discharge. Pls guide till i meet my gynec.pls note i m not pregnant

2. Rachna

Rachna Gold IL'ite

any idea ladies?

3. malathi0874

malathi0874 Silver IL'ite

Dear Rachna,
    U dont worry about the discharge from ur nipples. may be it is milk discharge. it happened to me also, i went to full checkup with my gynec doctor, and the result is no mumps, etc, , kindly go for full checkup with ur gynec doctor, nothing to worry about it.

4. malathi0874

malathi0874 Silver IL'ite

It would be a good idea for you to arrange to see your gynec doctor who will be able to examine your breasts and organise a blood test to check your hormone levels.
    One particular hormone called prolactin can cause nipple discharge if the level is higher than normal, but in this situation, it is usual for a woman's periods to stop.It is reassuring that the discharge is clear or milky, and that both breasts are affected. A simple examination by your doctor will reassure you further.
    I think that the most likely reason for your recent nipple discharge is your recent change in hormone levels. If this is so, it is likely to settle gradually.
    Avoiding nipple stimulation at the moment (sexual or otherwise) will help to settle this symptom more quickly.

5. Rachna

Rachna Gold IL'ite

thanks a lot malathi, i went to gynecologist and she has prescribed mammogram as well as few blood tests like prolactin. But my problem is that i have not got my periods and mammogram has to b done between 2nd-7th day of periods. I am just waiting n waiting and dying of fear. Ur reply gave me lot of courage.thanks again.

Has anyone else faced this situation?? And one more thing which i feel shy asking my gynecologist...Is there any problem if husband takes/ acts like sucking breast while love making. If is is wrong act, i would definitely stop it for ever. Pls help me

6. Rachna

Rachna Gold IL'ite

malthi, i m little scared with mamogram due to radiation. has yr doctor done mamogram for u?