1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Irregular periods

Discussion in 'Gynaecology' started by prathi, Sep 21, 2005.

1. 1fineday

1fineday New IL'ite

Re: Need Help. in Problem

hi dheeranjali,

guess the best thing for u to do is visit a gynec as soon as possible...coz even if u get advice from people ur doubts will still remain doubts....sometimes home preg tests dont work for some ppl..like my cousin did the test atleast 3 times but got it negative yet she didnt get her periods..so she had to finally make a visit to the ob/gy where she had to do tests n confirmed that she was pregnant after all...but in ur case u are saying that ur physical intimacy is less wit ur hubby lately so maybe its not pregnancy that's really the cause of ur confusion...bottom line is you have to visit a gynec..even if ur regular gynec is not available go to another one jus so u are relieved of ur tension coz it looks like u are going thru a tensed phase..good luck dear!!

2. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Dheeranjali,
    Visit a gynec & get the things cleared on your periods. Its not good to have periods in this manner. Blood test on some more hormones may give a clue. To conceive, if you have regular periods & less stressed life will be good. Have you done retest for thyroid before stopping the tablets for it? Its always good to have the hormones in balance.

Check on your BMI. If you are overweight, work on it to reduce your extra weight. Eat healthy food.

3. dheeranjali

dheeranjali New IL'ite

Thanks 1fineday and Vasumaty.

I will take care of both of your words. As u both have advised to visit a doctor, i will definitely fix an appointment soon.

Thanks

4. pandusk

pandusk Gold IL'ite

Hi Dheeranjali,

be relaxed, you seemed to be thinking alot. Visit a gyno as soon as possible.

Everything will be fine, i guess it is a hormonal imbalance.

Regards,
    Pandu

5. Sahanasri

Sahanasri New IL'ite

Re: Getting periods b4 achual dates

Hi,

I too face the same problem which Niru has explained. I got married in Oct 09. Before marriage my cycle was exact 28 days. But after marriage it is getting preponded every cycle (between 23 - 28 days). I got it on jan 2nd, again on jan 28th and again today :oops: !! I feel lot of cramps in lower abdomen and down the legs. I get pain in the lower back.

Sometimes I get pain from 20th day of my cycle itself. Please do post some remedies for this. Is it harmful to take pain killers like 'Meftal spas' for pain.??

Regards,
    Sahana.

6. sweramsan

sweramsan New IL'ite

Late and light period

Hi there,

My cycle is usually like a clockwork. Never have I had a missed/ delayed period except when I was pregnant with my daughter. I was due to have my period by 6th March. But instead had light spotting on the 8th and very very light period on 9th. I am continuing in that same pace today the 10th of March. Usually my period starts heavy and then wanes and lasts for 5-7 days.

I feel extremely exhausted and tired, bloated and lightly gassy. But I usually feel bloated and gassy every time I have it. So I guess we can rule that out:) Also, I am not sure if I feel this way coz I just caught a bought of cold. I took a hpt and it came out negative twice. My chance of getting pregnant I would say is also remote. We are very careful.

I am a little confused and worried about the irregular nature of my period. In all the 21 years after puberty I have not had any such irregularity. Can anyone help?? Some say I might want to repeat the hpt just to be sure......

7. sweramsan

sweramsan New IL'ite

Re: Late and light period

Hi there ladies. Just to update I do have a continuous but light period with lots of clots. This is unusual for me as I have heavy periods. But i am kinda sure now that I am not pregnant. Still if any one can throw light on a sudden change of a period after 2 decades of regular and stereotypical pattern, I will be relieved:)

8. sankarirose

sankarirose New IL'ite

Nowadays the teenagers have a problem of irregular periods.

1. Take a puthina (mendhal) juice with honey. twice a weak.
    2. Atleast take papaya two times of month.

9. preethignan

preethignan Silver IL'ite

kadugu(mustard) dry a mixie la grind pannisapta periods vandhudum,ive experiencedit many times

10. anu4chat

anu4chat New IL'ite

Hi Friends,

my wishes to all!!!!
    im new to this forum and this is my first thread.
    Im writing here in the hope that i will get some useful advice on my irregular periods.
    Im 25 yrs old and in the past 2.5 years am not getting my periods regularly.i took tablets for 7 months for regularizing it.but i got the periods regularly till i was taking the tablet.I got my womb scanned and absolutely no problem wit it. Doctor told me that it will get corrected once im married.
    But i afraid, it may creat problem in my future in getting pregnant and all..
    And i have put on some weight also..Doctor told me to reduce the weight and do excercises also..im going for walking now..
    could anyone advice me to reduce my weight and to get the periods regularly..i tried eating papaya and pine apple also but no help..
    im very depressed on this condition and my parents started searching match for me..

Regards,
    Anu