1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Irregular Period

Discussion in 'Gynaecology' started by Sri2196, Apr 25, 2017.

1. Sri2196

Sri2196 Silver IL'ite

hello!
    My mom is 45 y.o. She has had regular periods over the years. This time it arrived at a gap of 11 days. A visit to the gynaec is not possible at the moment.
    Is this a sign of menopause? Her ultrasound results were alright which was taken last last year due to heavy bleeding.

2. ashneys

ashneys Platinum IL'ite

It's possible or could be some other uterus related issues. Bcoz she has had heavy bleeding last year n delay of 11 days now for the first time. So her body seems to be changing. Since u can't visit a gyne now, jus chek for another month or so n see if d same problem persists. Just to help her body, Ensure she eats healthy food, loadsa water, fruits, veggies n timely meals. Also some yoga/ meditation/ walk or exercise. This may help in healing too.
    But if this or any other related issues continues for another month or more, then she definitely needs to visit a gyne.

Sri2196 likes this.
  3. boldnbutiful

boldnbutiful Silver IL'ite

Irregular periods can happen for various reasons ..since you said she cant visit a gynic I believe she is travelling..may be the stress of travel,change in environment can be a cause....

It cant be pinpointed ,only an ultrasound can reveal 45yrs is still young for menopause, that saying it also can be ...

Ask her to be hydrated,hav proper diet etc

Sri2196 likes this.
  4. Sri2196

Sri2196 Silver IL'ite

Thanks for the replies. Apologies for the late update. My mum does not have the uterus anymore.