1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Irony!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by rgsrinivasan, Apr 19, 2012.

1. rgsrinivasan

rgsrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Ranga was in his mid forties and was a bit tired, waiting in the lounge. His flight was delayed by an hour and he was looking all around him. Suddenly, a smile bloomed in his face. "Its Ashwin! How many years since I saw him?", he wondered and went closer to the person who was about 50 metres away. "Hey Ash!", he shouted and patted him hard. Ashwin turned and instantly a smile of recognition came to his lips.

"Hey Ranga! Quite happy to meet you da!", he said and hugged him. They chatted happily for about half an hour or so, over a coffee. "One thing never changed in you all these years Ash! You are the only one who never flinch in pain, however hard you are patted. You always smile instead. Besides, I will never have the level of patience that you have!", Ranga said. "Come on! Why would I feel bad, if patted by a friend?", Ashwin said. Then the boarding calls for their respective flights came and they departed in different directions.

After Ranga boarded his flight, he found the passenger next to him was also an acquaintaince, but could not place him. That man saved the trouble by introducing himself as Sabari and said, "Hello Ranga Sir, I work for Ace Charities which built a big hospital for accident and trauma care, recently. You were one of the chief guests in a function that we conducted last year!". "Oh!", Ranga said nonchalantly. "Do you know Ashwin Sir?", Sabari asked. "Why? We studied together till 10th class!", he said. "Ashwin Sir is one of the trustees of Ace Charities now and donated a huge sum last year!", Sabari said. "Thats news to me!", said Ranga.

"Do you know that Ashwin Sir has a congenital problem, because of which he could never feel any pain?" Sabari asked.

2. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Dear RGS,

Very nice story. Ranga learned something new about Ashwin. Ranga's original question to Ashwin was assumed by me as casual conversation between friends and I didn't realize that would gain such importance at the end. Nice twist.

Viswa

3. rgsrinivasan

Thanks for your quick appreciation Viswamitra. -rgs

4. ramyaramani

ramyaramani Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

It is the art of looking at things in a positive manner. Ashwin did not look for sympathy. He knew how to handle the situation.

5. rgsrinivasan

True RamyaRamani. Also, there was no need for Ashwin to say about his problem to others. He learned to live with it. Thanks for your nice feedback. -rgs

6. Pallavi4me

Pallavi4me Platinum IL'ite

Its indeed a great message to live with the smiles despite of the setbacks one have in life.

And the way you have made the twist is so good, RGS. Liked it

-Pallavi

7. rgsrinivasan

Thanks for your appreciation Pallavi. -rgs

8. SM11870

SM11870 Silver IL'ite

Once again a nice blend of pain with smile.Very well written with a good twist.I always look ahead for your blogs whenever I login and you always surprise me with your twist.

Shruti

9. rgsrinivasan

Honoured I am to receive such a support. Thanks Shruti, for your appreciation. -rgs

10. InnerBliss

InnerBliss Gold IL'ite

Good one! Thanks for sharing!