1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Invite Discrepancy

Discussion in 'Friends & Neighbours' started by Vedhavalli, Jun 16, 2018.

1. Vedhavalli

Vedhavalli Platinum IL'ite

Hey ladies,
    I always make to any function/celebration if I'm invited, I try my best to attend , if can't make it I will visit later with gift.
    If I'm invited thru my dad's/mom's/siblings / husband's friends, if I Know them personally well like an aquitance , I attend the function for formality and return soon.

Now, in US - I'm attending bdays/ other parties mostly thru my husband's friends/collegues. Sometimes I don't go because I have never met them, don't know them. I know a family very well , they exctracted so much help when they moved to my place from other state.
    Quite often the lady usually calls , text and come to my house monthly once , twice since she is new to the place. Kind of aquitances not a friend.
    They have a party at home, for which they sent evite to my DH. She didn't call or text about the party. It's not a kid's birthday party.
    Whenever we have Pooja/party/potlucks at my place, I invite thru calls, send reminder texts along with evite.
    I find this is weird, when they need help they call , come home but now not even a text message.
    Should I go attend the party or not?
    DH says your wish.
    Ps.
    I personally feel the person should be mature mannered enough to call/ send evite to me. She has all my contacts info checks my fb, insta, Whatsapp things.

2. Sweety82

Sweety82 Gold IL'ite

Wait whether she makes a call to invite you both. Otherwise, if she is not bothered to call u but just texted you u can respond through message ur best wishes and convey that due to some valid reason "going out somewhere" u cannot make it. I don't think it's correct to just message u but Not make a call. Because they have used u for their purpose. At that time whenever they need they are calling you. But now why are they not making a call? They should know how to be matured enough to maintain human respect. Thanks

Vedhavalli likes this.
  3. Vedhavalli

She didn't text also... Basically no information from her side. Her husband sent evite to my dh.
    Thank you for idea on "going out "

Sweety82 likes this.
  4. Sweety82

Sweety82 Gold IL'ite

Yes...Then respond to evite thanking them for the evite and best wishes and u r going out which was pre-planned and unavoidable. But in the meantime if she calls u and invite u both I think u should make it and u cannot refuse it. Thank you.

5. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

What is the problem? The family has received an invitation to the occasion. Just respond through Evite if you are able to make it or not.

viki123, sindmani and shravs3 like this.
  6. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

Some people may invite only through evite so that they can easily track the number of expected guests . Sometimes Even we get invite from only evite but we attend based on our convenience

Meghaa and sindmani like this.
  7. jskls

jskls IL Hall of Fame

Here I am, sent an evite and followed up on Whatsapp / emails to reply few times and still I didn’t get reply. What to do ? Sent another reminder again:)

sindmani and Vedhavalli like this.
  8. Vedhavalli

The problem I had mentioned clearly on my opening post.
    She didn't bother to mention, she visited my house on some need last week too. But didn't mention anything about party. When she wants something to be done, pick up drop would call 100 times. , when they are in need time, distance, money are not constraint. But when it comes to them no respect to inform. That's the problem hope it's clear now for you

Last edited: Jun 17, 2018
  9. Vedhavalli

:pensive: that's our mistake. We give more respect /importance to underserving people.

jskls likes this.
  10. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

Then pull back on the amount you help her.

sindmani, Vedhavalli and shravs3 like this.