investing on real Estate (Tamil Nadu)

Discussion in 'Money Matters' started by selviik, Oct 24, 2006.

1. parinith

parinith New IL'ite

Thx

Hi Vidhya,

Thanks for your warm welcome.

I am a silent reader on this site for nearly a yr and a half, I visit this site atleast once a day.

I will try to post more messages moving forward.

2. honeybee

honeybee Gold IL'ite

land value guidelines..

Hi real estate lovers
    you can find the updated land value guidelines in TN in the following site..
    www.tnreginet.net

hope you find it useful.

regards
    Honeybee

Last edited: Dec 12, 2006
  3. MeenLoch

MeenLoch Silver IL'ite

magicbrics.com and India Property - Properties - Real Estate India have databases of available property for sal. U can filter ur search. I want lot of ideas on buying and I have just started the ground work. The prices ar rising and I am not sure if I should wait and watch or go ahead and buy.
    The real estate market is one of the unpredictable markets as some magazines like MoneyLife say. ( This magazine talks all about investments, the co-editor is sucheta dalal, just for ref). The RBI as increased the rates of interest to cotain inflation , but despite tht demand remains high, because of IT

So I am really not sure if it wud be wise to buy now if I plan to buy in Chennai ( esp adyar, kodambakkam etc).
    Let me know if anyone else has similar plans....

4. GPriya

GPriya Bronze IL'ite

Hi ladies,

I was reading all the hype about realestate markets in Tamilnadu especially in Chennai...

I believe the price is very steep currently for the brand new flats anywhere in the city...and if one wants to buy an used flat it is not available in the area of your interest like adayar, alwarper, besant nagar, in the city areas like Kodambakkam, Tnagar etc.,

I do believe that RE investment is the best way to make money when compared to any other investment. I own a flat in Kodambakkam bought in 2002 ( built in 1999) and now the value of it has increased by atleast 200% percent. Had I known that in 2002 when i bought my existing flat, I would have bought a couple of more flats which were available at that time in and around the same area. Anyway, I missed the boat.

Now, as for Coimbatore, the condition hasn't improved that much like Chennai. We do own an independent house in Coimbatore (in the Kovaipudur area) I keep checking the current value of my property, and it hasn't appreciated much... Just to let you know there are still plenty of land available in Coimbatore in almost all areas and Covai people prefer only landed property as opposed to Chennaivaasis who prefer flats due to the availability and price.

So if any of you plan to invest in Coimbatore, you can easily get some landed property Brand New for an affordable price...in which you can't get a 2 bed room flat in Chennai given the current market condition.

Well in Chennai, the rental value is very high due to lack of space, but in Covai, the rental income is not much...so if you plan on a long term investment without expecting any quick returns, Covai is your best bet.

Climaticallyand for lot of other reasons, I would prefer Covai anytime...
    Life is becoming increasingly difficult in Chennai.. especially with acute water shortage...and pollution.

Chennai properties nowadays is even more than Bangalore property prices..unbelievable in just 3 years the way, the prices have increased...shocks me.

Geeth Priya.

1 person likes this.
  5. sujathae

sujathae Senior IL'ite

Hi selvi, Investing in Flats near college areas would fetch you good income. Now the prices near singanallur, medical college, Kalapatti, aerodrome everything are booming up. U may invest in 2 or 3 bedroom flats. It is very difficult to find plots in these areas now. we have booked two flats one near singanallur and other in saibaba colony. the prices are slowly picking up and would go higher.

Thanks and regards, sujatha

6. selviik

selviik Senior IL'ite

Hi Sujatha,

Thank u very much for the information.It was really helpful in getting the real picture of the city's booming aspect.:yes:

Last edited: May 19, 2007
  7. bojemrythem

bojemrythem New IL'ite

Re: Hi

If you want to invest your money in real estate than you have to first check the property site and place. This is best way to manage you money and also increase your business property. Real estate is very great business for invest your money.