investing on real Estate (Tamil Nadu)

Discussion in 'Money Matters' started by selviik, Oct 24, 2006.

1. selviik

selviik Senior IL'ite

Hi all,

I had been a silent member of this forum for couple of months.I heard that there is a big boom in real estate in India. Is it true?. Is it the right time to invest over land in India?.Any ideas abt it?.

2. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

Hi Selvi

Good to see your question. I will ask my friend here who does real estate in Delhi and try to get some answers. there seems to be a boom, but I also feel it varies betn locations. As one trying to offload some unwanted property and buying much needed space, I am always looking at this.

I know have not been very informative with this post, shall try to get some answers.

3. selviik

selviik Senior IL'ite

Hi Vidhya

Thanks for your information.Was happy to see finally a response for my query in this forum.No hurry.Take your time to ask your friend abt this.I can wait until then.

I m very glad u replied and now i really get the feeling of becoming a part of this forum.

4. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

Dear Selvii

Many apologies for a late reply. I spoke to my friend who advices NRIs on buying real estate in India. She says that if one is selling, this is a period to wait and watch since prices are going up all over India. But since you wish to buy, she says that you have to go by general local indicators and especially specific topical indicators like is there a mall/other major facility coming up where u wish to buy. Or is the local govt planning on major development there. Wrt buying, you have to act rather fast since prices are rising.

I realise this is not much. She deals mainly with Gurgaon area in Delhi. I also did not know where you wish to buy.

I am sorry that you felt ignored in Money Matters. I did not have access to internet for three months and have been hardly looking here. I hope you will continue to write in more often. (and get responses:) )

BTW, Selvi, to feel more a part of IL, have you written in the forums
    Ask Chitvish
    Varalotti Rengasamy's Stories
    Ideal Home

I am sure if you write in any of the above three, the forum leaders will definitely reply personally.

See ya round.

5. selviik

selviik Senior IL'ite

Hi Vidhya,

Bunch of Thanks for your really wonderful information reg. real estate in India.Now i get an idea abt the things i shud look for b4 investing in land.Actually i m looking for investing in Coimbatore and in my home town,Tiruppur.

Wud really look into the forums u have suggessted to get active in this community.Again Thanks for letting me know.

My hearty thanks to your friend for sharing the great information.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2006
  6. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

Hi Selvi,

My cousin is looking to invest in land in Coimbatore. So we put together some general articles three months back. These are not directly linked to investment in real estate. Might be interesting reading, but not investment advice.

FOCUS COIMBATORE
    Set for takeoff
    With metros like Chennai and Bangalore witnessing saturation, the attention of investors is turning towards Tier-II cities like Coimbatore. More
    Bracing up for IT competition
    Traditional industries in the city are waking up to the reality of competition in the manpower space. And companies are going all out to retain employees. More An emerging IT hub
    Coimbatore is an emerging IT hub; however, the city has a long way to go before it can catch up with a Hyderabad or Pune. This has been any entrepreneur's dream. The relentless campaign by the Coimbatore zone of the Confederation of Indian ... More It's now a buzzing airport!
    Thanks to expansion efforts by the Airport Authority of India, the Coimbatore airport has attracted new operators, especially the low-cost airlines. More Plans for a bigger terminal
    With the Coimbatore airport experiencing a boom in passenger traffic and flight services, the Airport Authority of India (AAI) is keen to expand the existing terminal building at the airport, besides the proposed construction of a new terminal ... More Aiming for the sky
    The Tirupur-based Park group of institutions has aligned with the Malaysia-based Link Aerospace Ltd to promote an aviation academy in Coimbatore. The joint venture intends to train human resources needed for the aviation industry like ... More Remembering Kovai
    Observing the pace of change — technological and otherwise — in the Coimbatore of the 1960s, one stood dazed like good old Rip Van Winkle. More Good as gold
    With the spiralling gold prices, buyers are becoming quality-conscious... the city is seeing a trend towards hallmarked and branded jewellery. More Enterprise reborn
    The tough times brought to fore the mettle in the new generation. More A drop saved...
    The Siruthuli project mobilised residents to help save precious water resources. More

<HR SIZE=1>

7. parinith

parinith New IL'ite

Good collection

Hi Vidhya,

I am from Coimbatore and that was a very good collection of articles about CBE.

We are also looking to make soem investments in CBE and are skeptical as they say that things are coming but nothing is happening,but after going thorough your articles I am reconsidering.

8. leelal

leelal Bronze IL'ite

Hi Selvi,

Good to know that you have plans to invest in Real Estate in CBE, INdia. Definitely buying a property these years in India is going to be a good return. Hope you would have got the needful info through Vidya's article.

As you know all tier II, III cities are expanding by 20-30 Kms radius, this provides opportunities for wealthy people to invest in Land in outer areas and encash it after few years with high returns.

Now coming to the investment options, Please identify your area of investment.

1. Are you looking at buying Land/Individual houses/High Class Apartments?
    2. Are you interested in investing in Farm Houses, Agricultural Land?
    3. Are you looking at buying commercial complexes, building commercial complexes in own land?
    4. Whatis the long term objective of buying land if you are looking at Land option? Is it for own use, comemrcial complex, re-sale purpose?

Based on your interest and need, we can connect you to brokers/individuals/Apartment promoters like Raheja, Adarsh etc.

Cheers,
    Leela

9. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

Hi Pari,

I am glad you found the articles interseting. I posted them here only as interesting reading. I am sure you will be doing a lot of independent research before you make your decision and investment. Pls share your findings here so that others like Selvi can also process the info.

I see you are new to IL. Welcome and have a swell time here like the rest of us. Do check out and interact in forums like
    Ask Chitvish
    Ideal Home
    Varalotti rengasamy's Stories

10. selviik

selviik Senior IL'ite

Hi

Vidhya,

It was a very good and useful information reg.coimbatore esp. when we r exploring to invest in that city.Thanks again.

Leela,

Thanks for your offer.We have not decided yet abt the kind of investment to make.Will get back to u when finalised.