1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Introducing solids twice for 6 month old

Discussion in 'Baby / Kids Foods' started by aarth0203, Jul 15, 2015.

1. aarth0203

aarth0203 Silver IL'ite

My daughter is going to complete 6 months this weekend. Until 5th month she was on exclusive breastfeed. Beginning of sixth month I started Rice Kanji (Porridge) to her for one feed, she seems to like it and no issues so far. I introduced idli too and she seems to like it too. Since beginning of this week I made solids twice a day, Idli in the morning and Kanji the evening around 7:00 PM. Usually she sleeps by 8:00 PM, when I put her to sleep, she took an additional milk feed before going to sleep. Again she got up in an hour and took another feed of 100 ml. She took two more additional feeds at night. I am confused as what's happening.

I got back to work last week and she is under my MIL's care since then. I used to feed idli and Kanji via spoon, MIL is using Paladai for feeding Kanji as feeding in spoon takes more time. My daughter seems to happily take the feed through paladai. I am wondering if this is causing any confusion to her. How do I make her fall asleep after a solid feed?

2. preesmiles

preesmiles Silver IL'ite

Since you got back to work, is your daughter taking the same amount of milk during the day while you are gone? Is your issue the fact that she is waking up in the middle of the night a couple of times to feed?