1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Into That Heaven Of Freedom.....

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by SCSusila, Aug 15, 2017.

1. SCSusila

SCSusila Gold IL'ite

Greetings to all on Indepemdence Day .

I dont know about you all , but every time I see our Flag and hear our National Anthem , I get a big lump in my throat and eyes well up . Something warm fills up the heart to bursting point .

However full of holes it is , my country is my pride .

Last evening all families of our apartment had gathered to hear the apartment children sing some patriotic songs and we gave them sweets , ( we do this every year) .

It is a nice time to catch up and chat .

But , there was some talk I did not enjoy . Like these :

" 70 years have gone , but people have not got basic things yet . Whats the use of Independence ! "

" They will send Mangalyaan to Mars , but will not make good roads on ground "

". All criminals in all high Seats ....i have told my sons to go and settle in Canada or Australia . Better life , no daily irritations like here ."

" This is called silicon valley of India . Garbage capital is better label "

" Look at Singapore .....look at China ...look at USA , even their villages are better than our Metrocities .."

All that maybe true . But who are they blaming for all that ?

Its always Someone else who is responsible .

We have no responsibility at all ?

Does freedom mean we can create tons of garbage and dump it anywhere and expect Someone else to cleanup ?

We are Free to misuse and not take care of public places and public property like we care for our homes and posssessions ?

We can sit at home without bothering to go to the voting booths and then find fault with the elected people ?

And please stop bringing Singapore into everything . Compared to ours, it is a handkerchief size state and does not have so many communal and language groups acting like crabs ,pulling down everyone . In Singapore people obey rules and regulations , without trying to push through loopholes like its a birthright . BTW, in Singapore you will get caned for littering . Will you accept that here ? At once you will cry for Human Rights commission .

If there is a social wrong , are you ready to take it up and try to find a solution or look the otherway thinking its not my problem ?

You cannot change The System . But you can make a difference to your immediate surrounding . There are many things the citizens can achieve by themselves without waiting for some " Concerned Department" to come and do something .

The biggest strength of all those countries , Singapore , Japan, USA , Germany whichever ,is the Pride each citizen has in their Country . Here, it is common only to find fault .

I am not going to quote Kennedy's and MartinLuther King's famous speeches . Everyone knows those . Everyone quotes them .

Its High time everyone also start living according to those.

Please do not talk negative, Pessimistic , faultfinding things about our country in front of growing children and make them cynics .

Dear Senior , Thyagi-generation people ! kindly dont keep saying the Free India you did sacrifice for has gone to dogs . It is not the youngpeople's fault they were not born at that time to take part in the Freedom Movement . But when the recent floods happened in TamilNadu , young people were out there helping .

Please find all the good news and keep encouraging . There is a lot of good also happening today , only the wrong things get reported by News media .

Grandparents used to say , " There are Asthu Devathas always flying around the world , saying " Asthu " ( so be it ) randomly . So whether its good or bad thoughts , it will all become reality . Always think and say only Good , Hopeful and Encouraging words."

This may sound like superstition , but Vibration of Words is really powerful . Dont Wish for doom and gloom . Wish for glory and greatness.

" Into That Heaven of Freedom , My Father ,Let My Country Awake "

Jai Hind .

2. Sweety82

Sweety82 Gold IL'ite

3. PushpavalliSrinivasan

PushpavalliSrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Dear@SCSusila,
    Well written!
    Here in our country people are always pointing out the faults of others with their index finger not realizing other fingers are pointing towards them.
    People who have negative thoughts will always be lamenting.
    People want to claim rights forgetting that they have duties also.
    PS

4. SCSusila

SCSusila Gold IL'ite

@Sweety82

Thank you for dropping by .
    Jai Hind.

Sweety82 likes this.
  5. SCSusila

SCSusila Gold IL'ite

@PushpavalliSrinivasan
    Thank you .
    Very sad that most people are like that . All Oorukku upadesam or Vai sollil veerars .
    Duties and Rights are rwo sides of same coin , there must be equal weight given to both . But most people dont want to see it that way .
    I was reading in paper yesterday of some old important people talkingof what Freedom meant to them on that day in 1947 . One person had said that in his village , the villagers had imagined that Freedom means free train travel henceforth ! !
    It was so funny ! But when you think , this mindset of the simple villagers hasnt changed much even in educated people till this day, that thought is not so funny.,
    Makes one sad .