1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

interstitial lung disease

Discussion in 'Health Issues' started by shivany, Dec 18, 2011.

1. shivany

shivany Bronze IL'ite

dear all,
    my mother aged 70 is suffering from interstitial lung disease.she has been given steroids and oxygen therapy.anyone else having similar experience.will my mother survive.doctor says it is in-between stage.i want amma to live.can anybody help.any good doctors you know!Are there any doctors in this panel who can help.she keeps having breathlessness!i am worried and am going into depression.please help

2. mimur9

mimur9 IL Hall of Fame

3. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Shivany,

Hugs. just wanted to tell you that the treatment that she is getting is the best. the breathlessness is a part of her problem. So do not be depressed.
    The best suggestion i can give you, is keep her happy, be happy, do not show your worries to her..be positive, make things around her be more positive.

More than the pain, it is the inability to do things that make people feel more upset. give her simple things to do around her. do not allow her to talk more, exert more.

play relaxing instrumentals that always keep your calm.

Stay brave for her and do not ask questions like will my mother survive, the doubts can be sensed by her..so think positive.

HAng in there..your mom is in my prayers.