International gem show in Austin in Apr

Discussion in 'Indians in Austin' started by selviraj, Mar 29, 2007.

1. kavithasakthi

kavithasakthi Senior IL'ite

Hi malathy

Thanks for your reply.I have posted 2 to 3 queries regarding this in the forum.thanks alot for your reply again.I was thinking to buy the cut roses,leaves in coral.But many of them said that they are semi precious one.I want to make use of that in the gold.buying semi precious one is not worth to make in gold ,am i right.where could i get the precious stones here

Regards
    Kavi

2. Induslady

Induslady Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Kavi,

I think most stores are doing semi-precious these days with rose/tulip shaped corals and jade leaves. It has become kind of out-of-fashion these days.

Very few like us are still liking it. So I think it is still ok to buy those semi-precious and get them made in 1-gm gold or silver-dipped gold. That way you can wear it for some time and the quality will remain good.

These gem shows and online stores like beadsafterbeads.com have tulip/rose corals and jade leaves in loose as well as in strings. Buy it in strings of 10-count or so that way they are of same size. It is better than picking in loose because it's hard to match similar size and quality.

Regards,
    Malathy

3. kavithasakthi

kavithasakthi Senior IL'ite

Hi malathy

thanks for your prompt reply.
    regards
    kavi