1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

International flight

Discussion in 'Toddlers' started by SBC, Nov 27, 2011.

1. SBC

SBC New IL'ite

Hi all,
    I would like to take my dear daughter who is 1 and half years old to india for the first time,but she only eats home made food doesnot like gerber.Can you please experienced ladies suggest me as to how do i manage her food in flight and what home made food can i carry?We woulld be flying by emirates airlines if I can figure out my babies food solution.

thank you all,
    sbc.

2. jignasha27

jignasha27 Bronze IL'ite

Hi SBC,

i travelled with my kid wen he was 9 months old. hes was not much on solids then...oly bfing....i guess now all the airlines allow us to carry dry solid foods for kids and also for us... u can take banana or idli/dosa...or make some upma or bread and jam, paratha and there are many options...make what ever is her favorite...i carried banana and buiscuits...they checked in london (british airways)but asked me nothing....u can explain that ur kid do not eat outside food...dont forget to carry her toys and some books....i kno about 1 and half yr old toddler...coz my son is of same age...Have Happy and safe journey.

even me feeling like going to india now:)

3. tashu

tashu New IL'ite

hi SBC
    i had the same problem when i went to india...though my son was 10 months old at that time..i took potato ki subzi without onions , i took little pulao that too without onions ....u can also carry aloo parantha which i always carry for myself where i go out of town , then u can carry cheese slice n bread seperately n when she wants it u can put slice on the bread and cucumber they generally serve in plane u can add that too n carry little pepper just to give a little taste...lady finger too can stay long.. n carry plenty of snacks..while on airport before u get on to the plane buy some fruits too specially banana..remember not to put onions i any food while travelling as food with onions does not stay for long in travelling..hope this helps u out..enjoy ur stay in india n have a safe journey...

4. Subhaganesh

Subhaganesh Gold IL'ite

friend of mine she carried roti and aloo curry..it stayed ..u wont get any problem even if they ask u u can telll them that u r carrying for kid...

5. shams86

shams86 Bronze IL'ite

I too went to India for the first time when my daughter was 1 1/2 yr old..Frankly speaking kids won't eat that much in flights as they see new environment and conjusted area. Mostly they will be sleeping or else tell us to walk in that little space of Flight. I went through Emirates only, they give milk for the kid whenever we ask and also you can ask them to give kids food which contains some Bun and their curries. You can try them. As you said your kids won't eat Gerber the same case with me too. I carried only Cereal which was easy for me to mix with the milk and I gave that only and in change of flight timings I used to give him some home made Indian snacks like Namakpara as its easy for them to eat and chew too. You can carry Roti as other friends told but very limited quantity you take. Though you take all the measurements as our kids won't get a separate seat it will be a little bit conjusted in the flight but hope that they will enjoy too with the small portable TV's attached to the seats. Only thing I am impressed with Emirates is they give hot milk whenever we ask that too with their Milk bottles which is disposable completely. They even take care of the kid if you are flying alone and if you want to go to washroom and all. Happy and Safe journey...Don't worry..EVEN THIS WILL PASS AWAY

6. loveindia

loveindia New IL'ite

Hi SBC,
    I travelled with my 2 year old recently. I had the same issue. He doesn't eat anything that is eiter bland or has sweet content in it like muffins, chocolate, cookies etc. The food served in the airlines is normally either bland or sweet. So I had no option but to carry his food. My advise would be carry varieties of food in small quantities. Because the food tend to become dry, sometimes kids might not like it. So better give them some choices and let them pick. You can carry anything from fruits, biscuits, cakes to home made rice, roti, upma, puri etc.