Interesting ............Take a look!

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Anoo1234, Dec 13, 2011.

1. Anoo1234

Anoo1234 Bronze IL'ite

There are soooooooooooooo many Gods and Goddesses. We pray to them day in and day out . can you tell who is your favourite and please give little discription of why he/she is your favorite.

Hope you will all find it interesting :)

2. Anoo1234

Anoo1234 Bronze IL'ite

Let me start , with my favourite deity and that is Durga Mata............She feels to me like a mother. Inspite of all the weapons she holds , her face is so compassionate and cool. Her huge form attracts me the most.

3. inlovewithmylyf

inlovewithmylyf Platinum IL'ite

I like and pray all the Gods... Everyone in my family worships Guruvayurappan(Lord Krishna) n we make it a point to visit Guruvayur every time we go to my native place, Kerala... My dad is a very great devotee of Lord Krishna... He always believes tht Krishna Bhagwan will never let him down during his difficult times, I too feel thts true... I was first fed food in Guruvayur, married in Guruvayur... Both in the presence of Lord Krishna... :) ... Now, I pray Sai Baba too... Planning to visit Shirdi during my visit to India...

4. Anoo1234

Anoo1234 Bronze IL'ite

Thanks for responding "inlovewithmylyf". When I was a small girl Lord Krishna was my favourite too. Wow so nice that your major two functions took place in Guruvayur. I did visit Shirdi but that was long long time ago.

5. rkgurbani

rkgurbani IL Hall of Fame

That is a good topic dear. We Indians are well-known world over for having a huge variety in everything of our life...be it clothes, food, and yes, my dear friend...we have a lot of Gods and Goddesses too!!!

The Hindul religion stands top with the highest number of different sub-religions....hence leading to a lot of Gods and Goddesses.

My brother and I have been paricularly fond of Bal Gopal Krishna from our childhood. The childhood stories, naughtiness and inocence of this Lord brings a smile on every one's face.
    The Lord Krishna's Bhagavd Geeta gives us strenghth and courage to face all the problems and worries.

I also have a lot of faith in Devi Mata and her various forms. One of her well-known and super-powerful avatar is that of Renuka Devi. I read the Durga Kavach everyday.

Lord Ganesha is the remover of obstacles so, a prayer to him is always a must.

In times of tensions, all of us, just remember GOD in any form that comes to our minds.

I personally feel that God is all around us. Sometimes, some unknown person gives us a reason to smile/maybe some unknown person may suddenly appear in front of you and gives you a solution to your problem/a poor child on the road smiling at you when you give him something to eat/etc.etc. the instances are many and you begin to feel the Almghty's presence everywhere....God Bless

2 people like this.
  6. blackbeauty84

blackbeauty84 IL Hall of Fame

I have a different kind of belief when it comes to god. They act as my close friends. I have my favorites Lord Ganesa & Anjaneyar.

I consider Ganesa as my friend, during my board exams I used to tell him only this questions should come. Bang! He will make that happen. He is placed above our dining table, he warns to me about overeating even. Now also Ganesa sits in my office desk, I look upto him to guide me before going for important discussions & meetings.

Anjaneya temple is quite near by to my house. Me & anjaneya even have arguments, fights etc!:hide:

3 people like this.
  7. Anoo1234

Anoo1234 Bronze IL'ite

hi rkgurbani and blackbeauty84...........it looks both are beautifully enveloped in God's love . Both your ways are wonderful and comforting. I shuffle between you both some times he is my friend and sometimes he is my guru. :)

The most important thing with God is we should feel intimacy with him and not scared of him.

Most people do pujas etc with fear that is what I have noticed. I may be wrong ! :)

1 person likes this.
  8. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

I firmly believe there is one and only one God. He is within us and is with us at all times. Having said which, I still love our way of allocating different portfolios and different characteristics to the various aspects of God. Going by those, my favourites are:

Ganesha: I love the image of Ganesha. His elephant head is derived from my favourite animal. Ganesha has a weakness for good food, which makes him my partner in crime. :-D I have a firm belief that he is always there for me and will stand by me through all the ups and downs in my life and help me through all the adversities of life.

Krishna: Again, I share Krishna's weakness for butter. :wink: I love his mischievousness and hard core practicality. His realism is applicable in every age and era.

Saraswati: The goddess of knowledge and wisdom. I need her blessings at every stage of life. It would be incredibly hard to live without her blessings.

Parvati: Amman, Annapoorneshwari, Durga, Kali, Chamundi. The mother who loves, cherishes, protects and nurtures us, provides us with food, the mother who will rise to our defence and fight against all evil forces which threaten us through our lives.

These are the four forms to which I have the maximum emotional bonding.

2 people like this.
  9. Saisakthi

Saisakthi IL Hall of Fame

Our Guru / God is Shirdi SaiBaba, beyond that he is our Parents, Guide, every possible relation, But feel sad that I lost my thirty years of life not knowing him earlier. Thanks for the post

10. suryakala

suryakala IL Hall of Fame

Dear Satchi,
    Your first sentence explains it all. God is within us. We can feel God in any form, only if we are in the state of innerbliss.

For me in any Holy place I find Satchitananda Sat Guru Shri Shirdi Sai Baba and wherever I see Sai Baba's Image or Murthi it becomes a Holy place for me. (Look, I find Him in your name too!).