Interesting ruling by the Punjab and Haryana court in favour of women

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by satchitananda, Feb 13, 2012.

1. justanothergirl

justanothergirl IL Hall of Fame

It wont Satchi..because the basic problem I see is we as a society want quick and dirty fixes. We dont want to take the time to do things right ....the right way.

2. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Totally agree with you SSC. But unfortunately that is how things have panned out so far. for some reason even our justice system follows the physical law of a pendulum swinging from one end to the other. Will someone have the sense to hold the pendulum and bring it to a stationary position or do we have to wait till the oscillations reduce and the pendulum comes to rest on its own? This is a question which only time can answer.

3. tanoshii

tanoshii Platinum IL'ite

Its every individual's own responsibility to use these laws for good. Learning to strike a balance and pick what would suit both parties in a marriage is something no court can teach. Unfortunately we are forcing them to try.

And yes, I understand law will help who ever is in need and has to. I meant men have not been the victims as much as women have and this general experience from the past is having this effect right now. Supporting the seemingly weaker side, while both are capable of right and wrong. Which is obviously not fair.

4. satchitananda

That would be the ideal situation teacher. That is how everyone would want it to be. But how many times do we hear that the two persons involved do not get to talk to each other before marriage, or even if these points are discussed, false promises are made only to be retracted after marriage? As long as there are such social problems to deal with, I guess there is no easy solution.

5. satchitananda

Yes it is like the story of a boy scout who recorded his good deed for the day as "I kicked the man who kicked the dog". That is how we as a society function at all levels.

2 people like this.