Interesting Material To Go Through.........

Discussion in 'Queries on Religion & Spirituality' started by Goodgod, Nov 1, 2016.

1. Goodgod

Goodgod IL Hall of Fame

2. Goodgod

Goodgod IL Hall of Fame

*Happiness can be divided into 3categories:*
    *1. Physical happiness;*
    *2. Mental happiness;*
    *3. Spiritual happiness.*

These are brief summary of steps to take for achieving these in our lives:

*For Physical Happiness:*
    a. Regular and proper *DIET*.
    b. Regular and proper *REST*.
    c. Regular and proper *EXERCISE*.

*For Mental Happiness:*
    a. Minimize *Expectations*.
    b. Minimize *Ego & Pride*.
    c. Minimize *Negative Thoughts*.

*For Spiritual Happiness:*
    a. Recognize your *SOUL* as a separate entity from the body.
    b. Do not live in the *PAST*.
    Free yourself of past memories
    and experiences.
    Do not worry about the *FUTURE*.
    But, plan for IT.
    c. Help all living beings without
    any expectations.
    d. Meditate regularly and surrender
    to the Supreme Soul.

sangeethakripa and Mistt like this.
  3. Mistt

Mistt IL Hall of Fame

I would like to add " contentment " to get mental happiness. If we don't feel satisfaction with what we have, then we never get mental happiness...:)

sangeethakripa and Goodgod like this.
  4. Goodgod

Goodgod IL Hall of Fame

5. Goodgod

Goodgod IL Hall of Fame

6. Goodgod

Goodgod IL Hall of Fame

Zen anecdote.

One young monk lived near Kyoto. He was beautiful, young, and the whole town was pleased. They honored him. They believed him to be a great saint.

Then one Day everything turned upside down. One girl became pregnant, and she told her parents that this monk was responsible.

So the whole town turned against him. They came, and they burned his cottage. It was morning, and a very cold morning, a winter morning, and they threw the child onto the monk.

The father of the girl told him, ”This is your child, so take the responsibility.

”The monk simply said, ”Is it so?” And then the child started weeping, so he forgot about the crowd and began caring for the child.

The crowd went and destroyed the whole cottage, burned it down. Then the child was hungry and the monk was without any money, so he had to go to beg in the city for the child. Who will give him anything now?

Just a few moments before he was a great saint, and now he is a great sinner. Who will give him anything now? Wherever he tried, they closed their doors in his face.

They condemned him completely. Then he reached to the same house – to the house of the girl. The girl was very much distressed,and then she heard the child weeping and screaming, and the monk standing there just saying,”Don’t give anything to me, I am a sinner.

But the child is not a sinner; you can give milk to this child.”

Then the girl confessed that just to hide the real father of the child, she had taken the name of the monk.

He was absolutely innocent.
    So the whole town turned around again. They fell at his feet, started asking his forgiveness.

And the father of the girl came, took the child back with weeping eyes, tears rolling down, and he said, ”But why did you not say so before?

Why did you not refuse in the morning? The child does not belong to you.”The monk is reported to have said again, ”Is it so?”

In the morning he had said, ”Is it so? This child belongs to me?” And in the afternoon he said, ”Is it so?
    This child doesn’t belong to me?”

This is how this sutra has to be applied in life.

In honor and dishonor, you must remain ”THE UNSAME SAME.”

The innermost center must remain the same, whatsoever happens to the periphery. The periphery is bound to change, but you must not change.

And because you are two, the periphery and the center, that is why opposite, contradictory terms have been used: ”BE THE UNSAME SAME...”

And you can apply this technique to all opposites: in love and hate, poverty and richness, comfort and uncomfort, or in anything, remain ”THE UNSAME SAME.”

Just know that the change is happening only to your periphery; it cannot happen to you, it is impossible.

So you can remain detached, and this detachment is not forced.

You simply know it is So.

EnlightenedSoul and Raniz like this.
  7. Goodgod

Goodgod IL Hall of Fame

LOVE OF RADHA TOWARDS KRISHNA

( extract from " the divine romance " by Paramahansa Yogananda )

Krishna had many women disciples, but one favourite, Radha.

Each disciple said to herself, "Krishna loves me more than anyone else." Still, because Krishna often talked of Radha, the others were envious of her. Noticing their jealousy, he wanted to teach them a lesson. So one day Krishna feigned a terrible headache. The anxious disciples expressed their great concern over the Master's distress.

At last Krishna said, "The headache will go away if one of you will stand on my head and massage it with your feet."

The horrified devotees exclaimed, "We cannot do this. You are God, the Lord of the Universe. It would be highest sacrilege to dare to desecrate your form by touching your sacred head with our feet!"

The Master was pretending an increase of his pain when Radha came on the scene.

She ran to her Lord, saying, "What can I do for you?" Krishna made the same request of her that he had made of the other devotees.

Radha immediately stood on his head; the Master's "pain" disappeared, and he fell asleep. The other disciples angrily dragged Radha away from the sleeping form.

"We will kill you," they threatened. "But why?" "You dare to step on the head of the Master?" "What of it?"

Radha protested. "Did it not free him from his pain?" "For such a sacrilegious act you will go to the lowest stratum of Hades."

"Oh, is that what you are worrying about?" Radha smiled. "I would gladly live there forever if it would make him happy for a second."

Then they all bowed down to Radha.

They understood why Krishna favoured her; for Radha alone had no thought for herself, but only for her Lord's comfort.

vaidehi71 and Raniz like this.
  8. Goodgod

Goodgod IL Hall of Fame

Written by
    Sophia Loren (Actress)...

_" When I got enough confidence, the stage was gone….. When I was sure of Losing, I won……. When I needed People the most, they Left me……. When I learnt to dry my Tears, I found a shoulder to Cry on…… When I mastered the Skill of Hating, Someone started Loving me from the core of the Heart…… And, while waiting for Light for Hours when I fell asleep, the Sun came out….. That’s LIFE!! No matter what you Plan, you never know what Life has Planned for you…… Success introduces you to the World……. But Failure introduces the World to you……. ……Always be Happy!! Often when we lose Hope and think this is the end… God smiles from above and says, “Relax Sweetheart; It’s just a Bend, not the End..!"

PushpavalliSrinivasan and Raniz like this.
  9. Goodgod

Goodgod IL Hall of Fame