Interesting Material To Go Through.........

Discussion in 'Queries on Religion & Spirituality' started by Goodgod, Nov 1, 2016.

1. Goodgod

Goodgod IL Hall of Fame

lessons about the way we treat people

1 ~ First Important Lesson ~ Cleaning Lady
    During my second month of college, our professor Gave us a pop quiz. I was a conscientious student and had breezed through the questions until I read the last one:

"What is the first name of the woman who cleans the school?"

Surely this was some kind of joke. I had seen the Cleaning woman several times. She was tall, Dark-haired and in her 50's, but how would I know her name?

I handed in my paper, leaving the last question blank. Just before class ended, one student asked if the last question would count toward our quiz grade.

"Absolutely, " said the professor.. "In your careers, you will meet many people. All are significant.. They deserve your attention and care, even if all you do Is smile and say "hello.."

I've never forgotten that lesson.. I also learned her Name was Dorothy.

2. - Second Important Lesson - Pickup in the Rain

One night, at 11:30 p.m., an older African American Woman was standing on the side of an Alabama highway trying to endure a lashing rain storm. Her car had broken down and she desperately needed a ride. Soaking wet, she decided to flag down the next car.

A young white man stopped to help her, generally unheard of in those conflict-filled 1960's. The man
    took her to safety, helped her get assistance and put her into a taxicab.

She seemed to be in a big hurry, but wrote down his address and thanked him. Seven days went by and a knock came on the man's door. To his surprise, a Giant console colour TV was delivered to his home.
    A special note was attached.

It read:

"Thank you so much for assisting me on the highway the other night. The rain drenched not only my clothes, but also my spirits. Then you came along.

Because of you, I was able to make it to my dying Husband's' bedside just before he passed away... God Bless you for helping me and unselfishly serving others."

Sincerely, Mrs. Nat King Cole.

3 - Third Important Lesson - Always remember those who serve.

In the days when an ice cream sundae cost much less, a 10-year-old boy entered a hotel coffee shop and sat at a table. A waitress put a glass of water in front of him.

"How much is an ice cream sundae?" he asked.

"Fifty cents," replied the waitress.

The little boy pulled his hand out of his pocket and studied the coins in it.

"Well, how much is a plain dish of ice cream?" he inquired.

By now more people were waiting for a table and the Waitress was growing impatient.. "Thirty-five cents," she brusquely replied.

The little boy again counted his coins. "I'll have the plain ice cream," he said.

The waitress brought the ice cream, put the bill on the table and walked away. The boy finished the ice cream, paid the cashier and left..

When the waitress came back, she began to cry as she wiped down the table. There, placed neatly beside the empty dish, were two nickels and five pennies..

You see, he couldn't have the sundae, because he had to have enough left to leave her a tip.

4 - Fourth Important Lesson. - The obstacle in Our Path.

In ancient times, a King had a boulder placed on a Roadway. Then he hid himself and watched to see if anyone would remove the huge rock. Some of the King's' wealthiest merchants and courtiers came by and simply walked around it.. Many loudly blamed the King for not keeping the roads clear, but none did anything about getting the stone out of the way.

Then a peasant came along carrying a load of vegetables. Upon approaching the boulder, the peasant laid down his burden and tried to move the stone to the side of the road. After much pushing and straining, he finally succeeded.

After the peasant picked up his load of vegetables, he noticed a purse lying in the road where the boulder had been. The purse contained many gold coins and a note from the King indicating that the gold was for the person who removed the boulder from the roadway. The peasant learned what many of us never understand!

Every obstacle presents an opportunity to improve our condition.

5 - Fifth Important Lesson - Giving When it Counts...

Many years ago, when I worked as a volunteer at a hospital, I got to know a little girl named Liz who was suffering from a rare & serious disease. Her only chance of recovery appeared to be a blood transfusion from her 5-year old brother, who had miraculously survived the same disease and had developed the antibodies needed to combat the illness.

The doctor explained the situation to her little brother, and asked the little boy if he would be willing to give his blood to his sister.

I saw him hesitate for only a moment before taking a deep breath and saying, "Yes I'll do it if it will save her." As the transfusion progressed, he lay in bed next to his sister and smiled, as we all did, seeing the colour returning to her cheek. Then his face grew pale and his smile faded.

He looked up at the doctor and asked with a trembling voice, "Will I start to die right away".

Being young, the little boy had misunderstood the doctor; he thought he was going to have to give his sister all of his blood in order to save her.

Most importantly.... ”Live with no regrets, Treat people the way you want to be treated, Work like you don’t need the money, Love like you’ve never been hurt, and Dance like you do when nobody’s watching.”;

2. Raniz

Raniz Platinum IL'ite

The Alphabet Of Happiness

The Alphabet:

A – ACCEPT
    Accept others for who they are and for the choices they’ve made even if you have difficulty understanding their beliefs, motives, or actions.

B – BREAK AWAY
    Break away from everything that stands in the way of what you hope to accomplish with your life.

C – CREATE
    Create a family of friends whom you can share your hopes, dreams, sorrows, and happiness with.

D – DECIDE
    Decide that you’ll be successful and happy come what may, and good things will find you. The roadblocks are only minor obstacles along the way.

E – EXPLORE
    Explore and experiment. The world has much to offer, and you have much to give. And every time you try something new, you’ll learn more about yourself.

F – FORGIVE
    Forgive and forget. Grudges only weigh you down and inspire unhappiness and grief. Soar above it, and remember that everyone makes mistakes.

G – GROW
    Leave the childhood monsters behind. They can no longer hurt you or stand in your way.

H – HOPE
    Hope for the best and never forget that anything is possible as long as you remain dedicated to the task.

I – IGNORE
    Ignore the negative voice inside your head. Focus instead on your goals and remember your accomplishments. Your past success is only a small inkling of what the future holds.

J – JOURNEY
    Journey to new worlds, new possibilities, by remaining open-minded. Try to learn something new every day, an you’ll grow.

K – KNOW
    Know that no matter how bad things seem, they’ll always get better. The warmth of spring always follows the harshest winter.

L – LOVE
    Let love fill your heart instead of hate. When hate is in your heart, there’s room for nothing else, but when love is in your heart, there’s room for endless happiness.

M – MANAGE
    Manage your time and your expenses wisely, and you’ll suffer less stress and worry. Then you’ll be able to focus on the important things in life.

N – NOTICE
    Never ignore the poor, infirm, helpless, weak, or suffering. Offer your assistance when possible, and always your kindness and understanding.

O – OPEN
    Open your eyes and take in all the beauty around you. Even during the worst of times, there’s still much to be thankful for.

P – PLAY
    Never forget to have fun along the way. Success means nothing without happiness.

Q – QUESTION
    Ask many questions, because you’re here to learn.

R – RELAX
    Refuse to let worry and stress rule your life, and remember that things always have a way of working out in the end.

S – SHARE
    Share your talent, skills, knowledge, and time with others. Everything that you invest in others will return to you many times over.

T – TRY
    Even when your dreams seem impossible to reach, try anyway. You’ll be amazed by what you can accomplish.

U – USE
    Use your gifts to your best ability. Talent that’s wasted has no value. Talent that’s used bill bring unexpected rewards.

V – VALUE
    Value the friends and family members who’ve supported and encouraged you, and be there for them as well.

W – WORK
    Work hard every day to be the best person you can be, but never feel guilty if you fall short of your goals. Every sunrise offers a second chance.

X – X-RAY
    Look deep inside the hearts of those around you and you’ll see the goodness and beauty within.

Y – YIELD
    Yield to commitment. If you stay on track and remain dedicated, you’ll find success at the end of the road.

Z – ZOOM
    Zoom to a happy place when bad memories or sorrow rears its ugly head. Let nothing interfere with your goals. Instead, focus on your abilities, your dreams, and a brighter tomorrow.

Mistt and Goodgod like this.
  3. Goodgod

Goodgod IL Hall of Fame

*Tirukkural by Tiruvalluvar (a Tamil poet/writer) was written more than 5,000 yrs ago. It’s one of the ancient science on Human Behaviour, which has not changed in spite of modern education & technology!*

*SOME GOLDEN THOUGHTS OF THIRUKKURAL:*

1. *If your child lies to you often, it is because you over-react too harshly to their inappropriate behaviour.*

2. *If your child is not taught to confide in you about their mistakes, you’ve lost them.*

3. *If your child had poor self-esteem, it is because you advice them more than you encourage them.*

4. *If your child does not stand up for themselves, it is because from a young age you have disciplined them regularly in public.*

5. *If your child takes things that do not belong to them, it is because when you buy them things, you don’t let them chose what they want.*

6. *If your child is cowardly, it is because you help them too quickly.*

7. *If your child does not respect other people’s feelings, it is because instead of speaking to your child, you order & command them.*
    8. *If your child is too quick to anger, it is because you give too much attention to misbehaviour & you give little attention to good behaviour.*

9. *If your child is excessively jealous, it is because you only congratulate them when they successfully complete something & not when they improve at something even if they don’t successfully complete it*

10. *If your child intentionally disturbs you, it is because you are not physically affectionate enough.*

11. *If your child is openly defiant, it is because you openly threaten to do something but don’t follow through.*

12. *If your child is secretive, it is because they don’t trust that you won’t blow things out of proportion.*

13. *If your child talks back to you, it is because they watch you do it to others & think its normal behaviour.*

14. *If your child doesn’t listen to you but listens to others, it is because you are too quick to jump to conclusions*

15. *If your child rebels it is because they know you care more about what others think than what is right*

Suja9, Raniz and Mistt like this.
  4. Goodgod

Goodgod IL Hall of Fame

HAVE I LOST MY WIFE TO
    ANOTHER MAN?

Dave and Clara have been
    married 4 over nine years
    without children. They
    stayed with each other
    and hoped that they will
    have a child before their
    10th year of marriage
    because they were being
    persuaded by family and
    some friends to get a
    divorce but they couldn’t
    let go because of the love
    between them.

Months passed...by and
    while Dave was returning
    from work one day, he
    saw his wife walking down
    the road with a man and
    they looked happy.

Another evening, while
    Dave was coming back
    from work, he saw the
    same man drop her off at
    the house. Dave became
    angry and sad.

Two days
    later, after a hectic day at
    work, Dave was taking
    water with a glass jug
    when the phone rang. He
    picked it up and the
    person said ‘hello dear, I’ll
    be coming to your house
    this evening to see you as
    promised. I hope .....’’
    and then Dave hung up the
    phone.

It was a male
    voice. He was sure the
    person was the man he
    had seen with his wife. He
    suddenly became shaky
    with this thought, ‘’Have i
    lost my wife to another
    man?’’ At that point, the
    glass jug fell from his
    hand and shattered into
    pieces.

Then Clara came running
    into the room asking, ‘’Is
    everything okay?’’ In anger
    he gave his wife a push
    and she fell. She wasn’t
    moving or getting up.

Dave then realised that
    she fell where he broke
    the glass jug and a large
    piece of glass has pierced
    her. He felt her breath,
    pulse and heartbeat but
    there she lay lifeless. His
    wife was dead.

In total
    confusion, he saw an
    envelope in her hand. He
    took it, opened it and was
    shocked by its content. It
    was a letter and it reads:

‘’ My loving husband,
    words cannot express
    how I feel, so i had to
    write it down. I have been
    going to see a doctor for
    over a week and wanted
    to be sure before I give
    you the news. The doctor
    confirmed it that I am
    pregnant with a twin and
    our babies are due in 7
    months from now.

The
    doctor also happen to be
    my long lost brother
    whom I lost contact with
    after our marriage. He
    has promised to take care
    of me and our babies and
    give us the best without
    collecting a dime.

He also
    promised to have dinner
    with us today. Thanks to
    you for standing by
    me...... your loving wife.

As the letter fell from
    Dave’s hand, there was a
    knock at the door and it
    was the same man he had
    seen with his wife... and
    he said ......’’ hello Dave, I
    suppose am right, am
    Max, your wife’s
    brother.....’’And suddenly
    he noticed his sister in the
    pool of her blood .... he
    rushed her to his hospital
    but it was too late, his
    sister, Dave’s wife was
    gone and so were the
    twins..

LESSON:
    In our relationships,
    which include our
    marriage, we should not
    be too quick in reacting
    when we haven’t
    questioned our partner or
    spouse on what we saw
    or heard about them.

Communication, Trust and
    Patience are rare gifts we
    can bring to our
    relationship.

Not everything we see or
    hear or believe is right
    about them.

Suja9, Raniz, Mistt and 1 other person like this.
  5. Goodgod

Goodgod IL Hall of Fame

One day all the employees reached the office and saw a big advice written on the door.

"Yesterday the person who has been stopping your growth in this company passed away. You are invited to join the funeral."

In the beginning, they got sad for the death of one of their colleagues, but after a while they got curious to know who was the man who stopped their growth.

Everyone thought: 'Well at least the man who stopped my progress died!'

One by one the thrilled employees got closer to the coffin, and when they looked inside they were speechless. They stood shocked in silence, as if someone had touched the deepest part of their soul. There was a mirror inside the coffin and everyone who looked inside could see him/herself.

There was a sign next to the mirror that read:
    "There is only one person who is capable to set limits to your growth...It is you. You are the only person who can influence your happiness, success and realization."

Your life does not change when your boss, friend or company changes.....your life changes when you change...you go beyond your limiting beliefs and you realize you are the only one responsible for your life.
    It's the way you face life that makes the difference!

If an egg is broken from outside force....life ends but if it is broken from inside force life begins. Great things always begin from our inside.

Vijaya@17 and Raniz like this.
  6. Goodgod

Goodgod IL Hall of Fame

Deepest level of depression:------------ you don't know what to do in life nor you want to do anything.

Anxiety, worry & fear level: --------you don't know how to do what you want to do.

Threat level: -----------you don't know why what ever is happening is actually happening.

Clarity level:-------- you know why everything is happening the way it is happening.

Development level:-------- you know how to do what you want to do.

Divine being: ----everything is happening is known.

Raniz likes this.
  7. Goodgod

Goodgod IL Hall of Fame

*By Napoleon Hill*

You will never be greater than the thoughts that dominate your mind.

If it’s true that you become what you think about most, it follows that the quantity and quality of success you achieve in your life will be in direct proportion to the size of your thoughts.

If you allow your mind to be dominated by trivial matters, your achievements are likely to be unimportant.

Discipline yourself to think about important things.

Keep up with what’s new in your field and with what’s going on in the world.

Make a list of good ideas that you can use anytime you are searching for a creative solution to a problem.

*Remember, small minds think about things; great minds think about ideas.*

8. Goodgod

Goodgod IL Hall of Fame

*25 Lessons a Butterfly Can teach Us*

1. If nothing ever changed, there’d be no butterflies.

2. For a caterpillar to become a butterfly, it must change.

3. We are all butterflies waiting to happen.

4. Today a caterpillar, tomorrow a butterfly.
    Don’t lose hope because you never know what tomorrow will bring.

5. Just when the caterpillar thought its life was over, it became a butterfly.

6. When you feel that you’re about to fail, it might actually be that you’re about to fly.

7. No one can do it for you, choose to use your wings.

8. Life is like a butterfly – You go through changes before you become something beautiful.

9. “It’s the ends of the world,” said the caterpillar. “It’s the beginningof the world,” said the butterfly.

10. There is nothing in a caterpillar that tells you it’s going to be a butterfly.

11. Never underestimate that power that is, and has always been within you.

12. How does one become a butterfly? You must want to fly so much that you are willing to give up being a caterpillar.

13. Butterflies can’t see their wings. They can’t see how beautiful they are, but everyone else can. People are like that.

14. Don’t settle for being a caterpillar when you have butterfly potential. Allow God to transform you from the inside out.

15. Everything in your life is there as a vehicle for your transformation. Use it.

16. The struggle you are in today isdeveloping the strength you need for tomorrow. Don’t give up.

17. After every storm there comes clear, open skies.

18. Have you ever seen a butterfly crawl back into itscocoon and become a caterpillar? Don’t go backwards.

19. Like a butterfly evolving, we must love each stage we pass through. Be not judgmental of yourself. You are becoming a wondrous butterfly.

20. We delight in the beauty of the butterfly, but rarely admit the changes it has gone through to achieve that beauty.

21. Just like the butterfly, I, too, will awaken in my own time.

22. Pass through each stage of your life with attention.

23. Like the butterfly, I have the strength and hope to believe, intime I will emerge from my cocoon… transformed.

24. The butterfly counts not the months but the moments, and has time enough.

25. *The caterpillar dies so the butterfly could be born. And, yet, the caterpillar lives in the butterfly and they are but one.*

Raniz likes this.
  9. Goodgod

Goodgod IL Hall of Fame

❗Scientific research ❗

*Hanuman Chalisa and Gayatri Mantra* ...

In *Hanuman Chalisa* it is said :

*Yug sahastra yojan per Bhanu ...!!!*
    *Leelyo taahi madhur phal janu ...!!!*

1 Yug = 12000 years
    1 Sahastra = 1000

1 Yojan = 8 Miles

Yug x Sahastra x Yojan = par Bhanu
    12000 x 1000 x 8 miles = 96000000 miles

1 mile = 1.6kms

96000000 miles = 96000000 x 1.6kms =
    96000000 miles/1536000000 kms to *SUN*

NASA has said that ... it is the exact distance between *Earth and Sun (Bhanu)* ...
    Which proves *GOD Hanuman* did jump to Planet *SUN* thinking it as a sweet fruit (Madhur phal).

It is really interesting how accurate and meaningful our ancient scriptures are.

The *GAYATRI MANTRA* the most powerful hymn in the world

Dr.Howard Steingeril, an American scientist ... collected *Mantras Hymns* and invocations from all over the world and tested for their strength in his Physiology Laboratory ...

*Hindu's Gayatri Mantra* produced 110,000 sound waves /second...

This was the highest and was found to be the most powerful hymn in the world.
    Through the combination of sound or sound waves of a particular frequency, this *Mantra* is claimed to be capable of developing specific spiritual potentialities.
    The Hamburg university initiated research in
    to the efficacy of the *Gayatri Mantra* both on the mental and physical plane of *CREATION ...*

The *GAYATRI MANTRA* is broadcasted daily for 15 minutes from 7 P.M. onwards over Radio Paramaribo, Surinam, South America for the past two years, and in Amsterdam, Holland for the last six months.

*Om Bhoor Bhuwah Swah ... Tat Savitur Varenyam ... Bhargo Devasya Dheemahi, Dhiyo Yo Nah Pra-chodayaat*

"It's meaning ....

*GOD* is dear to me like my own breath… He is the dispeller of my pains … and giver of happiness … I meditate on the supremely adorable *Light* of the *Divine Creator*… that it may inspire my thought and understanding.

Suja9 likes this.
  10. Raniz

Raniz Platinum IL'ite

A bowl of noodles from a stranger

That night, Sue quarreled with her mother, then stormed out of the house. While enroute, she remembered that she did not have any money in her pocket, she did not even have enough coins to make a phone call home.
    At the same time, she went through a noodle shop, picking up sweet fragrance, she suddenly felt very hungry. She wished for a bowl of noodles, but she had no money!
    The seller saw her standing wheat faltered before the counter and asked:

– Hey little girl, you want to eat a bowl?
    – But … but I do not carry money … she shyly replied.
    – Okay, I’ll treat you – the seller said – come in, I will cook you a bowl.
    A few minutes later the owner brought her a steaming bowl of noodles. Ate some pieces, Sue cried.
    – What is it? – He asked.
    – Nothing. I am just touched by your kindness! – Sue said as she wiped her tears.
    – Even a stranger on the street gives me a bowl of noodles, and my mother, after a quarrel, chased me out of the house. She is cruel!!

The seller sighed:
    – Girl, why did you think so? Think again. I only gave you a bowl of noodles and you felt that way. Your mother had raised you since you were little, why were you not grateful and disobeyed your mom?
    Sue was really surprised after hearing that.
    “Why did I not think of that? A bowl of noodles from a stranger made me feel indebted, and my mother has raised me since I was little and I have never felt so, even a little.”

On the way home, Sue thought in her head what she would say to her mother when she arrives home: “Mom, I’m sorry. I know it is my fault, please forgive me … ”
    Once up the steps, Sue saw her mother worried and tired of looking for her everywhere. Upon seeing Sue, her mother gently said: “Sue, come inside honey. You are probably very hungry? I cooked rice and prepared the meal already, come eat while it is still hot …”

Can not control any longer, Sue cried in her mom’s hands.

In life, we sometimes easy to appreciate the small actions of some people around us, but for the relatives, especially parents, we see their sacrifices as a matter of natural …
    Parental love and concern are the most precious gifts we have been given since birth.
    Parents do not expect us to pay back for nurturing us …… but have we ever appreciated or treasure the unconditional sacrifice of our parents?

Translated from a Vietnamese story

Suja9 likes this.