1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Intellect Vs Cleverness

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Viswamitra, Mar 4, 2017.

1. PushpavalliSrinivasan

PushpavalliSrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Dear Viswa,
    From what I have read I assume that the medha sakthi controls our organs/ panchendriyas whereas buddhi the intellect analyses their action. Buddhi is related to mind /Athma which helps us to realise our goal in life that is to merge with the One and only One. This should be the aim of human life.
    PS

Viswamitra likes this.
  2. Viswamitra

Viswamitra IL Hall of Fame

Dear Syamala:

I know how knowledgeable you are from your various responses in the past. Even this response is yours exceptional. You are too humble not to take any credit for your knowledge. Medhavi means a person who has learned a lot in the world. In Tamil, we used to make fun by diving it into Mel+Thavi = The one that jumps above meaning Monkey. It is the monkey mind when focused can obtain Medha Sakthi to be very successful in the world. How good is secular knowledge obtained from the world, if it is not used for the well-being of life in this planet? For that one needs Viveka. The application of acquired knowledge for the good of the world as guided by Buddhi, the pipeline to Atma is commendable.

Good becomes debatable only at Medha Sakthi level. But there is only one good at the Buddhi level. When we acquire Medha Sakthi, the feeling of "I" is strong and whatever our mind interprets becomes the right action. All knowing power resides in us and there is a connection to it through Buddhi, if one prefers to use it. We can call it by any name whether it is Supreme Consciousness or Atma or Divine Power. It has the potential to help us remove our encryption created by our own past and present actions. That is true liberation from the bondage and gives true knowledge from ignorance.

Viswa

3. Viswamitra

Dear Smt. Jayasala:

Being a person who has passionately read so much of Bhagavan Sathya Sai Baba's teaching for years, my writings will always have considerable knowledge acquired from that Supreme Soul. He has also given a discourse over 9 days of Navarathri for the students and this was complied by a Professor in a book called, "Master the Mind and be the Master Mind".

I have the highest respect for your profound knowledge on the subject, as always. You are so pragmatic when you say that if we face a crisis in life, we tend to use our Medha Sakthi always. It is very true. As I mentioned in my thread, Medha Sakthi is required in order to understand the environment in which we grow spiritually. We need all of the tools that are gifted to us in order to achieve our goal that reaches above our mind.

Sometimes, our own analytical mind tends to present a very convincing answer about the right action which is deceptive and often mistook as conscience. Buddhi is inner voice that is unaffected by the dictates of the mind. It has inherent knowledge derived from the divine existence which learned people call us as our true Self. But when Medha Sakthi develops a habit to consult Buddhi as a second opinion, a pipe to the all knowing power, we derive Mahat Sakthi as well. In order to do that, we need disciplines such as earnestness, truth and control of senses.

That is why I gave the example that Medha Sakthi (the exemplary power to fight as a warrior) didn't come to the rescue for Arjuna until he obtained Mahat Sakthi to find the right action. Medha Sakthi when it is used only for the body-conscious mind to succeed in this world, it remains in bondage but when it is used for the good of the world and for the benefit of all lives, it becomes liberated.

Viswa

4. Viswamitra

Dear Smt. Srinivasan:

What a brief but up to the point and delightful response from you! In fact Medha Sakthi derives knowledge from the senses and analytical mind. It is Buddhi or Viveka that has the ability to analyze and empower the mind to control senses, establish truth and desire to achieve the highest goal of the humanity. Buddhi is the closest to the divine power that resides in us and derives knowledge from all knowing power. The Medha Sakthi is essential to understand the environment and to act in the world whereas Mahat Sakthi is essential to achieve the ultimate goal you have mentioned above.

Viswa

5. Viswamitra

Dear Balajee,

Those two sentences of yours added more value to this thread than my entire thread. Very well said.

If one practices right living by using the discrimination power, he or she can become a superior being.

Viswa

6. girvani

girvani Platinum IL'ite

Dear Viswa Sir

I have read once but I really need to read few more times to understand. You are the first one, for me, to describe the connection between body and arms biologically. Omg, that was awesome. I am thankful from learning from many wise people here. Thank you very much.
    Vani

7. Viswamitra

Dear Vani,

I know how spiritually knowledgeable you are and you are just being humble. I sincerely look forward to your response after you had a chance to read it again. It is an interactive process and we both learn from each other based on each person's experience.

Viswa

girvani likes this.
  8. Agatha83

Agatha83 IL Hall of Fame

Dear Viswa,

I am so happy to see IL teeming with so many intellectuals who can come out not only with a post but with a book on theology, philosophy- subjects which require some deep understanding. Here I am like that poor Arjuna in the Mahabharata war unable to comprehend the wisdom that Lord Krishna taught him. Right from not getting water in the tap to not getting money in the bank, we are grappling with real monsters every day. So how do we deal such monsters with our individual buddhi, Shraddha and Satyam. Will some kaliyuga Krishna come forward ?
    Very few people in this universe have the ability to write such high class stuff and surely I do not belong to that category.
    Agatha83

Viswamitra likes this.
  9. Viswamitra

Dear Agatha,

With deep sense of humility, I categorically declare what I have written here is the knowledge I have gained from superior beings who came to this planet to teach some great things to the humanity. I don't deserve credit for such insight being written and practiced. I struggle a lot with normal day to day issues as well but feeling I have access to such knowledge gives me relief that there is scope for me to progress. People like Lehri, Shirdi Sai, Ramakrishna Paramahamsa, Swami Vivekananda, Sri Chandrasekarandra Saraswathi Swamigal passionately known as Paramacharya, Ramana Maharishi, Bhagavan Sri Sathya Sai Baba and many others have given deep insight into right living.

I have to be frank with you that it is not easy for me to comprehend all their teachings leave alone practicing them to become a perfect being with proximity to the divinity in me. As I mentioned earlier, all I understand is Buddhi is a pipeline that leads to the divine consciousness residing in us and consulting it makes us look at the life different and takes it to a whole different level. When we see the world from our Medha Sakthi, acquired and retained knowledge, we get into the quagmire of bondage and separation. But at the same time, we need that Medha Sakthi to understand the environment around us, use our talents to learn from each other, serve others and at least to reach out to our discriminating faculty to find out the purpose of our existence. Once we begin the process of consulting the discrimination, it helps us unfold the purpose why we came into existence and also help us make effort to eliminate our encryption. It also helps us to see all beings as one that came from the same source. The mind that acts independently become subservient to the divine consciousness through this process helping the divinity in us unfold into freedom and liberation.

When we buy the coconut, we see only the outer shell but not the white substance inside. But we know that pure white and tasty stuff is inside. Similarly, every human being we see and every person who see us see only the outer shell consist of encryption of our past and present actions and make judgment about him/her/us. The core inside of us is pure and unsullied and it doesn't mix with the encryption. They are like oil and water. It is Sathya, Dharma, Shanti, Prema and Ahimsa and when reached out bring out the true and inherent qualities of it. It is all knowing light or energy that can burn all our bad qualities and encryption. When we begin consulting Buddhi, we really begin to adapt the qualities of the divine consciousness and eventually become who we really are (divine being). We are not human beings having spiritual experience and we are truly a divine being having human experience.

When a watch is sent for repair, we know it is not working. Similarly, when we are born, we already know that we are defective. The purpose of our life is to purify ourselves and remove the encryption. We are born to learn not to be born again.

Viswa

Last edited: Mar 6, 2017
  10. Viswamitra

Since many have requested easier version of what is being conveyed in this thread, let me explain in simple sentences:

What we see in the real life is manifestation of Omnipresent. It is like seeing ourself in a mirror. We only see the outer shell consist of branded outfit,, color of the lipstick, mascara, hairstyle, facial expression, etc. and number of systems that work inside of us non-stop won't be visible. Similarly, so many things around us are keeping us alive and kicking which are not visible to our eyes and we see the beauty of the manifestation. There is hard work behind it. What we see as the nature around us and what we see as qualities in us are found by Medha Sakthi. But there are things happening behind the scene and even though we are aware of those existence through science, we give no importance to them in day to day life. Our knowledge is restricted to our ability to grasp things through our mind and senses. Because we live our life through our mind. There is a pipe called intellect that connects to our divine consciousness helping us care for things that is above the comprehension of mind and senses. That explains the existence and unity of all beings. It explains everything came from one source. We can activate that pipe with Shredda (earnestness), Satya (Truth) and Yoga (Sense control).

It is like finding the way to drive from point A to point B. Our driving skill is Medha Sakthi and GPS is Buddhi because we trust it's judgment, believe it is true and follow its guidance with control and discipline.

Using Medha Sakthi, we learn something new every day in outward vision of world and continue our journey. We get committed to the world and live in bondage. Using Buddhi, we unlearn our bad habits, erase the effect of past and present bad actions to learn our true Being. When we live using our divine consciousness, we begin to travel in the shortest route to end journey and liberate ourself from being a traveller. In every life, we are a dot inside the circle of world wondering where is the center point that created the circle. All we see is a sea of dots around not knowing where is the center. When we start using Buddhi, we realize we are sitting in the radius of the circle and start traveling inwards towards the center point.

Viswa

girvani likes this.