1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Instant Sooji Rava Idli

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by gtpoo, Jun 19, 2011.

1. gtpoo

gtpoo New IL'ite

If u feel like eating idli and you don’t have the batter prepared, this is the nice method to make instant idli with a new kind of taste. Kids love it too!

Ingredients:

sooji – 1 cup
    curd – 1/2 cup
    oil – 2 tsp
    mustard seeds – 1/4 tsp
    chana-urad dal’s – 1/4 tsp each
    cumin – 1/4 tsp
    curry leaves – 4
    ginger – pinch
    green chillies – 2
    salt – 1 tsp
    baking soda +limejuice 1 tsp each (use fruit salt ENO if u have instead of this)
    water – 3/4 cup – 1 cup
    cilantro – 5-6 sprigs
    carrot – 1 grated

Method:

Take a non-stick pan heat oil and add mustard, chana-urad dal, cumin, curry leaves and let them splutter. Add sooji to this and mix it gently until it turns it’s color. Take off from flame immediately and transfer into another bowl.

Take curd and mix salt, ginger, green chillies finely chopped, cilantro, mix it well and add to the sooji bowl. Mix everything in the bowl very well and add water and mix it without lumps. Add water little by little with stirring until u find idly batter consistency. Keep it aside for 20 mins.

Grate the carrot and keep aside. Take the idli plates and spread oil onto it. Put
    the idli pan and pout 1.5 cups of water and heat it. After 20 min mix the batter and add ENO or 1 tsp baking soda+1 tsp lemon juice and mix it, after u add this u see bubbles in the batter, mix it very well. Sprinkle the grated carrots and cilantro on the idli plates and pour the batter and cook in the pan for 2o mins.

Take out and enjoy your instant colorful idli’s. U can eat it with karampodi, sweet ginger chutney or even with rasam. Enjoy!!!

2. ILoveTulips

ILoveTulips IL Hall of Fame

Hey gtpoo,

you are doing a great job dear.. I keep checking your recipes. They are very neatly explained and feels that is so simple to try.. I am making your ravaladu today..

please keep up the good work... If you make any dishes in fish, I would like to try that immediately..
    ilt

3. sreemanavaneeth

sreemanavaneeth Gold IL'ite

Hai gtpoo,

You are feeding all the bloggers with your delicious recipe. Nice one I will surely try this.

4. gtpoo

gtpoo New IL'ite

Thanks for the lovely feedback. I'll definitely post some recipes on fish.