Instant Pot Slow Cooker Function

Discussion in 'Recipe Central' started by deepthyanoop, Jan 17, 2019.

1. deepthyanoop

deepthyanoop Gold IL'ite

Hi friends,
    After seeing so many great reviews about Instant pot,I bought one last year and have been trying various recipes with great success. But I am yet to use the Slow cooker function in it. Have read that Instant pot slow cooker mode is not as as functionable as real Slow cooker. But I am eager to try it. Do any of you use the slow cooker function in Instant pot for Indian recipes? Can you share the recipes to start with? Thanks friends!!

2. virtualkv2020

virtualkv2020 Platinum IL'ite

You can definitely use the slow cooker mode for making dum dishes (Hyderabadi dishes which calls for slow cooking)such as Biryani and Dum ka Murg.

For Katchi Chicken/Veg biryani, lay the marinated chicken/veg in the pot and top it with layers of partially cooked Basmathi rice.First top the marination with a small batch of 50% cooked Basmathi rice,then layer with a batch of 60% cooked rice,next layer should be 75% cooked,the final layer should be 90% cooked.Sprinkle some ghee and saffron water.Cook on pressure mode for 5 mins,then set the slow cooker function for 45 mins.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2019
    deepthyanoop likes this.
  3. deepthyanoop

deepthyanoop Gold IL'ite

Thanks so much Veena. Will try it :)