Instant Pot - Recipes

Discussion in 'Recipe Central' started by kkrish, Dec 16, 2016.

1. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Why is there no "Look Inside" option? Who would now-a-days buy a book without looking at it a little! At least the Contents?

I checked out her website. Quite a few of the recipes seem to be ones I might not cook. I read in one of her posts that she mostly posts recipes for a paleo diet.

I did learn what is a paleo diet.... : )

Laks09 likes this.
  2. justanothergirl

justanothergirl IL Hall of Fame

The idea is to dump all the ingredients in my case pongal ( rice +lentils + salt + pepper + jeera + + grated ginger + required water in the pot). Press the mode u want to cook it in (in this case rice ) press timer and set the hours after which u need it to start cooking.
    Works well for recipes in which its ok for the ingredients to soak for a while (eg oat meal,bisibelebhath,soups etc).
    Why not keep warm option u may ask..
    Its ok but I have found that if u leave it on for many hours the food at the bottom gets dry and hard.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2017
    Induslady, Laks09 and Rihana like this.
  3. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

@Rihana - Thanks. I decided against the book too. DH told me I can probably write my own book with the things I do with the IP :)

Timer - For rice/quinoa or rice/dal or pongal/kanji.

By the time I come back with my son in the evenings, it's too late to put rice in the cooker. If I already make it before heading out, it stays in keep warm for 3-4 hrs. I finish my curry/subzi prep early in the morning. Sometime during the early afternoon, I wash and soak the rice/quinoa in water and add it to the IP. Manual 8 mins with the timer set to when I need it to start cooking(mostly 3-4 hrs later). I'm looking for a triple seperator so I can cook some dal along with the rice and quinoa.

Rihana, Induslady and justanothergirl like this.
  4. Induslady

Induslady Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Laks,
    How are you?
    I was about to ask do you really need the book??? When you have this thread and the iL'ites here always ready to share what they cooked interesting in their IP!

Laks09 likes this.
  5. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

@Laks09 and @Rihana , I looked at the Amazon preview for the book. The recipes are pretty basic and the book is tiny, just 88 pages and the price seems high for that. I would just look up blogs if you need inspiration,and there is a Facebook group for Indian Instant Pot recipes.

Rihana and Laks09 like this.
  6. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

So busy. I've been tagged in many threads but I'm not finding the time to respond. How are things at your end?

True. I made @justanothergirl'S tomato thokku for my visiting guests and they love it. Thanks JAG. I made tweeks. I didn't blend anything. Just added it all to the IP and used my other fav kitchen tool, the kitchen aid immersion blender and blended it a little leaving some chunks before reducing it. Also used sesame oil and didn't use as much. Tasted so yum!!

I did get a couple of recipes online. I'll share them as soon as I'm free again. I checked out one of the FB group. Too much for me to catch up. I left the group.

Happy navarathri Sundal making folks!!!

7. justanothergirl

justanothergirl IL Hall of Fame

Good to see u back @Laks09 ! Glad thokku recipe is forgiving . The immersion blender is a neat idea.

IP is indeed a blessing for Navarathri season. Ladies and Gentlemen :) do post any and all IP recipes/ideas for feeding an army . I have many families who visit me. Some are golu-hopping ..so just take quick bite and leave.. some come only to my house so stay back for the dinner and some cant decide what they want to do. Once all the visiting kids start singing for the golu they invariably decide to stay back :) .Its all good but as a hostess it is very challenging to accomodate all even after all these years . Thankful for any tips.

kkrish, Amica, Laks09 and 2 others like this.
  8. Naari

Naari Platinum IL'ite

Friends, I was exploring the uses of Ip & considering whether I should buy it & searched Ip on ILs, which brought me here.. I must say, I am very impressed with you ladies! The ILs have answers to everything & there is a whole section of recipes , for something I am contemplating to buy! Thanks ladies!

Now going back to my reading of your recipes:smile: I just couldn't hold my gratitude, so had to express :wink:

kkrish, Archanaanchan and Rihana like this.
  9. jskls

jskls IL Hall of Fame

Laks09, kkrish, deepv and 2 others like this.
  10. chittusmommy

chittusmommy New IL'ite

My favourite recipe, have to try it today :banana: