Instant Pot - Recipes

Discussion in 'Recipe Central' started by kkrish, Dec 16, 2016.

1. Induslady

Induslady Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

This has happened to me a few times that I totally gave up on growing tomatoes in my backyard.

sokanasanah likes this.
  2. EverydayBloom

EverydayBloom Gold IL'ite

Vermicelli Kesari:
    ------------------------------------
    Recipe -

Semiya (vermicelli)- 2 cups
    Sugar - 1 cup (u can increase or decrease it based on ur taste)
    Water - 3 cups
    Ghee - 2 or 3 tsps
    Orange food color
    Cashews
    Raisins
    Powdered Cardamom

Turn IP on sauté, add ghee and roast the cashews and raisins and take them out. I let the remaining ghee stay there and added the semiya (if u don't use roasted semiya, u can roast it now till it turns golden brown and adjust water accordingly when adding in the next step). Add the water (I heated up the water quickly and added hot water) and give it a quick stir.
    Measure the sugar now and add the sugar to it and mix it in. Now add food coloring and close the lid.
    Vent sealed and manual mode 3 mins. When done QR. I QR'ed after abt 5 mins.
    Garnish with powdered cardamom (this can also be added along when u add the water if that's preferred) and cashews and raisins.
    Serve hot or cold.

It is the yummiest and easiest dessert that can be made even when you are entertaining the guests.

justanothergirl, kkrish and Nonya like this.
  3. Nonya

Nonya Platinum IL'ite

I am planning to resist buying one. However I see how this auto- switch off feature is so useful.

4. justanothergirl

justanothergirl IL Hall of Fame

Meant to post an update for Quinoa cook time. Original post here.
    For a nice fluffy quinoa..the magic number is 1 . I read this in a blog here.
    So water to quinoa ratio is 1:1 and manual mode 1 min high pressure vent closed. NR. I know I know it looks too little..but I went ahead and tried it last weekend and its perfect.
    Edited to add the link to the blog.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2017
    Rihana, sokanasanah and kkrish like this.
  5. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hmmm.. I must be doing something very different then. On stove top, I use more than 2 parts water for 1 cup quinoa. I start off with 1.25 parts, but end up adding more. The end result is as desired. Not very fluffy perhaps, but fully cooked. Will try with less water once.

6. Rihana

The 3qt IP is now available:
    Amazon.com: Instant Pot Duo Mini 3 Qt 7-in-1 Multi- Use Programmable Pressure Cooker, Slow Cooker, Rice Cooker, Steamer, Sauté, Yogurt Maker and Warmer: Kitchen & Dining

I bought it without too much thinking. Am happy with the purchase. Much smaller footprint on the counter. Looks cute too. : ) Capacity, well, it is 3 qts. Good to cook for one meal. Not useful if one wants to have left overs. Maybe a single person or couple can use it for one meal plus left overs. Other than size, it is mostly the same as the 7qt one. Of course, hard to find vessels small enough to be can be used with the trivet. Perfect for those who take along IP when traveling. This video has a good comparison:

7. justanothergirl

justanothergirl IL Hall of Fame

hmm...very tempting esp the part about using it while travelling. I have been thinking of getting another one anyway 7 Qt will be too much on my already overflowing counter. 3Qt might just be the answer.

8. Rihana

For me, the 3qt seems to cook about the same amount as the 7 qt. For example, the pasta packets that I get from Costco, the 8 pack.. I could cook one packet in the 3 qt. Water got filled to a little below the max allowed. So,I don't use the full capacity of the 7 qt.

One more thing I like about the 3 qt one is that I don't need to much stand on tiptoe or crane the neck to see the bottom of the pot. : )

justanothergirl likes this.
  9. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

10. Rihana

What is the Timer button of IP used for? I know I can RTFM read the fantastic manual, but easier to ask here! : )