1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Inositol

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by cheenu123, Apr 5, 2017.

1. cheenu123

cheenu123 Gold IL'ite

Hi,
    I'm taking treatment for PCOS which includes metformin and spironolactone for symptom alleviation. Along with these, I have recently started taking Inositol, after speaking with my endo. I did a lot of research on Inositol and read quite positive reviews.
    Though its been only a few weeks that I started, the results have started to amaze me already. I am losing weight at a very good rate. Inositol is a mood uplifting supplement so I feel motivated and happy most of the time.

Has anyone else tried this supplement?

Last edited: Apr 5, 2017
  2. Vaikuntha

Vaikuntha Platinum IL'ite

Is Inositol available without prescription?

3. Vaikuntha

Vaikuntha Platinum IL'ite

Just saw online, it is a supplement.

4. Gauri03

Gauri03 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi cheenu! Are you still taking the inositol? What is your experience with it? Which brand do you take? I take inositol in powder form. I used to take Jarrow's myo-inositol powder, and saw some improvement in my symptoms. But I was also doing a lot of other things like working out regularly, and watching my diet, so I can't say for sure how much of the improvement was due to the inositol. I've started taking Ovasitol recently, which is a 40:1 blend of myo-inositol and d-chiro inositol. Based on the studies I've read this is the most beneficial formula for women with PCOS, helping reduce androgen levels and insulin resistance. I'm going to try it for a few months and see if it makes a significant difference.

5. cheenu123

cheenu123 Gold IL'ite

Hi Gauri,

Thanks for the response.
    Yes, I'm still continuing with Jarrow's Inositol though, I want to try Ovasito but it is not available here in India. Along with that, I'm on Metformin+Folic acid+Sprironolactone and honestly, I have seen a lot of improvement in terms of weight reduction from the abdominal area+normal bleeding as opposed to heavy or scanty+body hair reduction+mood elevation(Inositol is a mood elevator). So far good. I will continue till September end and then take a break to see if my body can recover without meds? Also, I'm not voraciously into working out but consistent. I walk and run for 20 minutes a day on my treadmill 7 days a week.
    I'm so glad to read your post Gauri.

Gauri03 likes this.