1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Iniyamalar's Book - Anru Vanthathum Ithe Nila! A Writer's Review!

Discussion in 'Varalotti Rengasamy's Short & Serial Stories' started by varalotti, Apr 2, 2011.

1. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Almost two months ago I got a parcel which contained a book. I was lagging behind in so many of my commitments that at that time I just saw the book-cover and kept it aside.

And after sometime I started reading it. It is a novel in a novel format written by our own ILite, the versatile Iniyamalar.

Since this is a kind of a conversation happening within the four walls of my family let me very frank.

At first I started reading the book more to indulge Malar. Poor girl! Sitting several thousand miles away she has organised the book to be sent to a mofussil accountant sitting in Madurai. The least I could do is read the book.

Well that was stage I. In between I laid hands on a book called Chanakya's Chant by Ashwin Shangi. This story is happening in two different time lines - the present day and 2300 years ago.

I had tried this technique in HE which was published later as Oru Iniya Uthayam in Tamil.
    I finished that book and came back to Malar's book, "Anru Vanthathum Ithe Nila"

A few more pages into it, I was thrilled. For Malar had taken three different points in time-line in the same story.

One was in 8th Century, the other in 19th century and third was in 21st century.

What a story, my God!

You hear the Pallava Chief Udhayan on one side and the freedom fighter Manimaran on the other. And these two guys meet a modern IT Industry girl, Bharathi.

I find a lot of similarities between Malar and Bharathi and to that extent this book can even come under the much hyped 'auto-fiction'.

And there is some scientific explanation too based on the theory of relativity and the worm-hole through which time-travel is made possible.

And the thrill, my God! Ambushed by terrorists, hunted by the police the characters live an exciting life making the reader's life even more so.

Now I was impressed by the story telling technique of having three different points in time-line in the same story. And I started reading it faster. Stage II

And finally I shed all my inhibitions and became a plain reader. I started carrying the book to the badminton court to read in the seven minutes gap I get between games. Stage III

I finished the book yesterday around midnight and have come here to share my experiences with you.

There are certain points I love in the narration. The love between Bharathi and Jeeva is very subtly hinted.

There are no hand-holdings, kisses or grand declarations. And yet we could feel in our hearts the strong undercurrents of love passing between a head-strong IT girl and her 'head-stronger' boss.

And then about the situations Bharathi is thrown in with the guys who had time travelled.

Both are handsome men and they are forced by circumstances to be close with Bharathi. Udhayan, the handsome general of Pallava Army has to lift Bharathi by her hip.

Without breaching the line of decency Malar has described the feelings in his mind when being so close to a beautiful woman.

And the beauty is that this girl writes a whole novel in the same way she writes her blogs here. Full of humour and sarcasm. Very casual and yet very serious.

You gave me a good reading experience, Malar. The only thing I feel guilty about is that the book came to me virtually free of cost.

I hope to meet this wonderful author and her family one day. Then my first transaction will be paying the price of the book.

I don't think it is proper to criticise or give negative points in a highly creative work like this book.

At the same time I have a duty to safeguard this girl, who is more like my daughter, from the effects of evil eye. And towards that effect, more like the mother placing a black dot on her baby's cheeks to cast off evil eyes, I am listing a flaw here.

In one place instead of துல்லியம் it is printed as துள்ளியம். As a writer I suggest rigorous proof reading for her next work.

In fine I salute to the creative prowess of Iniyamalar and pray our Meena Madam should shower her choicest blessings on her making her to write more books.

May she and hers be always blessed,

love,
    sridhar

2. iswaryadevi

iswaryadevi Platinum IL'ite

Wowww...Sridharji...You made my longing to read the book grow enormously...I don't prefer reading soft copies as I don't get the feel of reading...So, I am eagerly waiting to read 'the book'. Time travel?? Wow......Just can't wait...

Amazing review Sridharji!!

3. mssunitha2001

mssunitha2001 IL Hall of Fame

4. sureshmiyer

sureshmiyer Silver IL'ite

thanks for giving a sneek peak at this seemingly wonderful book

can you suggest how can i subscribe it
    I would like to read it

cheers
    suresh

5. AkilaMani

AkilaMani Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

My hearty congrats to malar!! thank you sir for the wonderful review... it sure promises to me a must read!!

Akila

6. SARASVADIVU

SARASVADIVU Silver IL'ite

Dear Varalotti Sir,

You are an embodiment of modesty; and one who loves encouraging and appreciating wherever talent is....

In short you are my

[​IMG]

Dear Iniya,

Proud to be your co-blogger!!

[​IMG]

Love....
    Saras.

7. vjbunny

vjbunny IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sir,
    We are proud to be Ilites who are sharing net space with the likes of you....encouraging and nurturing new talents like Iniya....Hats off to You Sir..........

Dear Iniya...
    Congrats yaar very eager to read the book after Varlotti Sirs fabulous review but unfortunately I dont know Tamil any way having read your some novels in IL I am sure its got to be fantastic..........:thumbsup

8. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

INiya Malar...hats off!

Sridhar, made a good account of how you read the book and its review is super...making us to read it..ippove...

sriniketan

9. iniyamalar

iniyamalar Gold IL'ite

I have a lot to write. I was out of touch in il for sometime now.for almost a week my son was in fever. He even got febrile seizure. Now he is fine but my lovely daughter picked up the bug. It might be a day or two for me to go to my computer. ( this i am typing from my phone and i hate it)
    Please bear with me . I will b back soon with a large reply. Thanks cannot be uttered in one single word here.

10. sreemanavaneeth

sreemanavaneeth Gold IL'ite

inya,

lovely to hear about your story.

Varalotti sir's narration the way he described wow
    what to say???????????????? I had goosepimples.

all the best iniya.