1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Initial marriage stage is so romantic...but after that ??

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by anika987, Jul 27, 2013.

1. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

Usually people say initial stages in the marriage is very romantic..superb chemistry etc..but after the three months,u get very comfortable with each other.take each other for granted and relax.

U still love each other but do u still feel the "rush"every time u see him after few yrs of wedding and kids?Is it possible to bring it back?

Or accept the fact things change..

Is it true people who had a love marriage will keep romantic alive for many many yrs?or just like an arranged marriage..they also relax after sometime?

2. Ragini25

Ragini25 Platinum IL'ite

Change is the only constant in life
    Hopefully the love changes form but grows more depth than shallow

1 person likes this.
  3. nicegirlradhi

nicegirlradhi Gold IL'ite

OP , call it surprise but you might want to see the below thread on similar topic which is currently active

http://www.indusladies.com/forums/married-life/226523-has-the-love-withered.html

1 person likes this.
  4. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

curing boredom tips?

be it working woman,homemaker,mom etc boredom is something which we face in the USA.

We all feel some void.Back in India we never felt lonely or bored.Even after doing the same things here we feel some void.What is it?

Do people who party a lot,who have lots of getogethers and friends do not feel bored in USA?

Not everyone is an extrovert.some people prefer their private space and it is just who they are.what abt people like them?back in India even they do not feel bored.How to stop thinking when we will go back to India and start living happily here in the us?any good tips which helped ?thx.

5. polymorphic

polymorphic Platinum IL'ite

Re: curing boredom tips?

If you were a very social person in iNdia then it is natural to feela bit homesick + bored. I dont know if you have kids but when u r in US with kids, there is no time since everything needs to be managed without any help. But if you dont hvae kids, better to make new friends or pick up some hobby or job to keep you occupied. STart reading books, gardening , volunteer work,etc if you dont have the eligibility to work.

1 person likes this.
  6. sweetshreya

sweetshreya IL Hall of Fame

It is true that ennui can settle in your life here in US, if you were extra active in India. But there are some advantages of living here too.... the biggest one being you can form a strong bond with your husband. :) You can plan fun activities with him, indoors and outdoors. Go for frequent picnics together, only two of you, now that its summer. Grilling, barbeque in metro parks is great idea. Watch movies in theater as well as home. Visiting the malls, shopping places etc are good idea too. You can volunteer in temples, etc on weekends. There is so much to do. You only have to have that interest. :)
    -

1 person likes this.
  7. Anitap

Anitap IL Hall of Fame

Starting many threads MIGHT help...... To find like minded friends

2 people like this.
  8. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

What kind of a guy is your husband?

Mine is lovable,too laid back and practical.

He is also matured and provides good support for the family BUT would prefer him to more romantic and take interest in weight management and more active.

just venting out what i need.

how abt urs?

9. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

Was your newly married life romantic?

Although my hubby is lovable and good guy,he is too practical.

never had romance like in movies or like how i see other couples.

i just wanna know how it feels to be newly married.was it very romantic:))

10. Twinkel

Twinkel Platinum IL'ite

Re: Was your newly married life romantic?

Am newly married (been 8 months) and I think filmy romance, out and out sweet nothings are dedicated only to reel life, not real life. And how romantic is a married life? that depends upon our expectations. I never expected too much of romance, for that matter, in our case I am little practical and moody types. So, even a late night movie, unplanned mid night drives, mid night biryanis , surprise second or third honeymoon trip tickets or inviting my parents without informing me just to see me smile, I find all of them romantic :)

4 people like this.