Information on Westminster school, Winchester school Oudh Mehta , Dubai Scholars Priv

Discussion in 'Schools/Playgroups/Daycares in Dubai' started by Souza, Jun 13, 2012.

1. Souza

Souza Bronze IL'ite

Hi, could you please provide me information on Westminster school, Winchester school Oudh Mehta , Dubai Scholars Private School and on Rajgiri School . I have gone through the KHDA ratings, but, appreciate if you could provide me your opinions incase any of your children are going to any of these schools. How is the quality of teaching ?, do they burden kids with loads of homework?, are the classes over crowded?, I have been trying to get some reviews on these schools, but havent been successful so far. I am of a opinion, either these schools are too good or the otherwise coz no reviews available.

My son will turn 3 years in a few months and some schools start their enrolling formalities from october - November, though the result will be informed to us in February, If I get some feedback on these schools then it will be of great help for us to decide .

Thanks,
    Mrs.Dsouza

Last edited: Jun 14, 2012

2. Flyhighbluesky

Flyhighbluesky Silver IL'ite

Re: Information on Westminster school, Winchester school Oudh Mehta , Dubai Scholars

Hi... Millenium School Dubai is really good! Dubai Scholars is a good option too!

3. Megalife

Megalife Platinum IL'ite

Re: Information on Westminster school, Winchester school Oudh Mehta , Dubai Scholars

Hi op
    What currieulum are u considering? If it icse, model school Dubai is the best in the region, it's pricy though. For cbse, the results of dps was exceptional this yr, Indian high, good too. Millennium not bad, but mediocre academics.
    If u are looking at igcse, I have my own reservations on Indian schools following igcse, better to follow igcse with an international school.
    Mega

1 person likes this.
  4. Souza

Souza Bronze IL'ite

Hi there, thanks for replying

Mrs.Dsouza

5. Souza

Souza Bronze IL'ite

Hi Mega, we are looking for good UK curriculum schools for my LO, mainly coz of their teaching methodology.We are looking for schools in Al Garhoud and Qusais area, as they are near to our place of stay.Back in UK, The Royal College of St.Peters in Westminster (commonly known as Westminster school), Wellington school and also Cambridge have a good reputation and they are among top schools. I dont know if these schools hold same kind reputation in Dubai also.Do you know any good UK curriculum school in Dubai?.

Mrs.Dsouza

6. Megalife

Megalife Platinum IL'ite

Hi
    1.JESS, Jumeira English speaking school is the most established and the best IGCSE Curriculum school in DUbai, it is expensive and admissions are limited.
    2.I have heard friends saying that the Emirates international school is a good one too, I am not too sure on this.
    3. Repton (day scholar and boarding) is another option to consider if price is not an issue.
    Then we have those following IGCSE like the ones you mentioned. The reviews of Westminster and cambridge are sort of disputed, with most not liking it (GEMS managed). WEllington (also gems managed) has a good reputation, specially when you consider the all around dev. of the child.
    My children attend CHOUEIFAT(it has a branch at BATH ,UK and 65 branches around the globe), it has a tough academic schedule but they enjoy the school and their work!
    Mega

7. Souza

Souza Bronze IL'ite

Mega, thanks, you have been very informative and helpful.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2012
  8. capri

capri New IL'ite

hi... thanks for this post.. i have been looking around for good schools for my 3 yr old as well in gusais nahda area... I am planning to put my son for kindergarten in a igcse school because of the peraonalised care they offer and then will move him to icse from grade 1. ... I would love to have some opinions on this... How is sheffield school

9. Megalife

Megalife Platinum IL'ite

Capri
    Motessori, ck. out BRITISH Orchard......excellent Personel attention.
    Mega

10. capri

capri New IL'ite

thanks mega.. any idea on the sheffield school or thr dubai scholars..