Information On Shirdi

Discussion in 'Religious places & Spiritual people' started by aratisajjan, Feb 5, 2018.

1. aratisajjan

aratisajjan Bronze IL'ite

hi,

We will be going to Shirdi next month by train from Bangalore..after so much confusions, we thought of booking own tickets rather taking any packages..

So we will be reaching kopergaon by 230pm..what is the best way of transport from there to Shirdi? my aged mother also will be with us, so need something comfortable yet not too costly..

We have plans of visiting shani shignapur next day morning..how much would a cab cost us? Else what are other options which will be comfortable for my mother..

Thank u..

2. aratisajjan

Can someone plz reply..

3. Vandhuamma

Vandhuamma Silver IL'ite

Check Booking.com and plan your place of stay. So many options are available. We went after booking a cab only so I am sorry cant guide you on local cabs.

We stayed in Hotel Ganapati Palace so I don’t recommend that place for you. Looks so nice in internet but partially so many mosquitoes in room and even the AC was not working properly.

Then to visit shani shignapur temple so many cab services are available in the temple premises itself. So don’t worry on that.

Other tips I can give you based on my recent visit are :

1. Don’t go for VIP lines or anything. People will literally drag you there and ask you to pay Rs.200 , 300 like that unless you insist to visit during peak timings.

2. Free darshans are not much crowded on week days.

3. Try to go after morning aarti crowd will be less.

4. Flower sellers and Prasad sellers will crowd you, don’t pay your attention and focus on free darshan passes which are available.

5. Most importantly, we struggled a lot to find an ATM during the journey so go with sufficient cash and for hotel payments of course they accept cards.

aratisajjan and iamsrihere like this.
  4. aratisajjan

Thanks for the response... Can u tell me how much it costed for shani shingnapur in cab?

N if we don't book darshan tickets prior, won't the queue would be too long? My mother won't be able to stand much hence the concern..though we are going on week day, I'm just concerned if there would be crowd

5. prreeya

prreeya Silver IL'ite

Regarding Darshan Tickets, you can buy VIP passes for yourself which cost i think Rs. 250/- and for your mom you need to show them card for ageproof as she is senior citizen and she can directly go in VIP line and one more person in your family can go with her in VIP line without paying money for it.

If you want to attend arti then please check the site for time of artis.

6. sonishah32

sonishah32 Junior IL'ite

Many lodges and hotels in shirdi are good on picti=ure and actual but they are not with much facility. Like neat rooms but not so good bathrooms. Mosquitoes are a big menance. I travel every year to Shirdi with my kids. So by now; I always carry the right mosquito repellent to keep my young ones and myself protected against the mosquito bite.

[​IMG]