Information Needed To Plan And Visit Niagara Falls

Discussion in 'Travel' started by uk2016, May 19, 2016.

1. uk2016

uk2016 Senior IL'ite

Hello all!

We (myself, husband and LO) are planning a trip to Niagara falls, US during the memorial day weekend from Michigan. I went through several threads in IL and collected information from the internet. However, I would like to hear from those who travelled this year (2016) to the falls or planning to travel.

We are planning to drive by car to BUF. Is it safe to drive from MI to BUF? Will the journey exceed 6 hours? Are there any good hotels near the falls to stay? Please share names of hotels/contact info if you have any.

Are there any sightseeing or tour packages from MI to Niagara falls? I see that Maid of the mist and Cave of the winds are the top attractions here. What is the best time to visit these places?

Will there be long queues because of the memorial day weekend? Can we carry a stroller for my kid? What will be the total cost of this trip? Is there an itinerary I can follow or get from anyone? Any safety tips during the travel along with above info will be appreciated.

Thank you,
    uk2016.

2. uk2016

uk2016 Senior IL'ite

Surprised to see no replies at all!!! Please share some info....

3. jskls

jskls IL Hall of Fame

All I can say is be prepared for heavy crowds especially Desi crowds during memorial day weekend. There are many hotels around the area but it is too late if you havent booked one already. Night at the falls will be spectacular. Have some jackets/coats handy. Checkout TripAdvisor for more details. Contact your nearest AAA office and plan your trip

Lathasv likes this.
  4. KashmirFlower

KashmirFlower IL Hall of Fame

Maid of the mist - is taking u near to the falls in a ferry (boat type). water fall mist would fall on you, so they give u plastic jackets to wear. if it is still cold in MI, then it would be colder near falls with water mist. be prepared for that by taking thick jackets and check weather forecast.

5. pinkytyagi92

pinkytyagi92 Bronze IL'ite

I just view many more about Niagara Falls as well as seen many most beautiful pics of Niagara Falls but never think to visit at Niagara Falls. I read this helpful information all about Niagara Falls & will keep in mind whenever.

I get opportunity to visit Niagara Falls !