Info regarding Civil Services Exam Age eligibility

Discussion in 'Education & Personal Growth' started by arch1209, Oct 25, 2012.

1. arch1209

arch1209 Platinum IL'ite

Hey Everyone!

Okay so I am a late starter. I just turned 30 in June this year and I am wondering if anybody has any idea about the age eligibility for Indian Civil Services exam. I checked a few online and the ones that I checked said 30, which has made me very sad :( and depressed.
    Anybody knows of any UPSC or state based civil service exams where the age cap is 35.
    Any help will be much appreciated :)

2. nemesis

nemesis Platinum IL'ite

If you fall in OBC category, you have age relaxation(+3 years). For SC/ST it is +5 years.

3. arch1209

arch1209 Platinum IL'ite

Thank you so much for taking time and informing me about this. Looks like I am a little to late to apply for union civil services but can try my luck in state exams.

1 person likes this.
  4. cuppcake

cuppcake Gold IL'ite

hi arch

I just came across this thread of yours, sorry a very late reply. Yes, 30 years is the maximum age limit (gen. category candidates) for applying for union civil services. But the same age limit applies to state services as well in some cases. Please check out from the relevant state services sites for age limits ( you will only have to google MPSC- Maharashtra Public Service exams etc. to find the links), not posting here cause not sure if that is allowed. I checked in one blog and people are giving conflicting eligiblity ages for MPSC, 28- 33 years. I think Class I and II posts would be 28 years and others would be 33 years.

Is there anyway you can subscribe to Employment News living in the US. You could also check out its website.

Don't be disheartened as there are a lot many other avenues open in the govt. sector depending on educational qualifications and work experience.

1 person likes this.
  5. arch1209

arch1209 Platinum IL'ite

Thanks Cupcake this is very helpful, not sure if I can qualify but I want to try my hand at it for sure. The hope is that rather than crib about the system try to be in it and change it - seems like a lofty ideal for now, but let's see :)

1 person likes this.
  6. sherapova

sherapova New IL'ite

In 2012 A Hong Kong-based corporate consultancy, Political and Economic Risk Consultancy (PERC) rates Indian bureaucracy as the worst in Asia. It rated Singapore bureaucracy to be the best in Asia, followed by Hong Kong, Thailand, Taiwan, Japan, South Korea and Malaysia.

The Indian bureaucracy scored 9.21 on a scale of 10 to turn out the worst while China scored 7.11, better than Vietnam (8.54), Indonesia (8.37) and Philippines (7.57). The consultancy's report gave a rating of 2.25 to Singapore followed by Hong Kong (3.53), Thailand (5.25) Taiwan (5.57), Japan (5.77), South Korea (5.87) and Malaysia (5.89).

Last edited: Apr 19, 2013
  7. Pallavi4me

Pallavi4me Platinum IL'ite

Arch,

I heard there is a website called sarkarinaukri.com or similar to it. Google it you may find the exact link. There all the notifications and details of Government jobs will be put up. UPSC / all state services / Govt. corporation requirments etc.. It will act like Naukri and gives the alerts to mail whenever the notifications as per your requirement comes up.

Good luck. You are just 30. I thought you might be in middle of 30s. :p

8. arch1209

arch1209 Platinum IL'ite

Why this kolaveri Pallavi....let me be happy for a few years!