1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

info on buying precious stone sets

Discussion in 'Jewelry & Accessories' started by guntupallisri, May 17, 2008.

1. guntupallisri

guntupallisri New IL'ite

Hi ils

i am interested in buying precious stones bangles like ruby, emerald mixed.

can you guys give me info regarding what to look for when we go for purchase of emerald or ruby sets.

bye

sri

2. Saahithya

Saahithya Silver IL'ite

Sri

when i bought gemstone bangles i was looking for the cut of the gemstones..each gemstone has a certain type of cut which gives the shine. then the color of the gemstones (some say lighter is good and some say darker is good so its your choice and interest and how it suits your...)

good luck in buying..

3. dweepa

dweepa New IL'ite

hi saahithya
    thanks for the information.
    I heard that people buy cz's,ruby stones that r sold in packets in the gem show & can be used to make bangles,pendants etc.
    did u buy like this.If so can u give me some information that is how can we check the cut for the stones in the packets & didn't it costs more to buy all stones for a bangle set?
    some people selling $5 for a 5 stone packet.Is it worthy?sorry for troubling with too many questions.can u give me some more information plz....

4. Saahithya

Saahithya Silver IL'ite

Dweepa

I really dont know how good are those cut stones they sell in the packets...(i saw them 1 packet for 1$ also..really...) so I suggest you see the stones and the color and see for any scratches or chipping and buy them...we have to take lot of time if we are buying loose stones...(if interested you can try to buy the ruby beads or drops and get the bangles made with them...) just a thought...

i bought all mix stones packets...saw some packets iwth a mix of all gem stones they were pretty small size but liked the color combination so took them..they costed some 2$ per packet or so..good luck..

5. dweepa

dweepa New IL'ite

thanks saahithya.I will look around.