1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Influencers

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Viswamitra, Mar 11, 2018.

1. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Dear Hariji,

Thank you for your candid response. Yes. There is nothing wrong in being part of the tribe for security or because of familiarity. I agree that we can't isolate ourselves from the society but we are given the gift of discrimination to find right and wrong and we can use that wisely. Preparing ourselves for the change consistently is important, I believe. I respect if you have difference view and I was just sharing my experience.

Viswa

Last edited: Mar 11, 2018
  2. Iravati

Iravati Platinum IL'ite

No time for a write-up. Here's a visual.

upload_2018-3-12_13-17-12.png

Groups are inevitable. We always cave into our groups for companionship and warmth and a sense of belonging. However, at times, an Iravati could meet up a Viswa chatting to a sokanasanah intrigued by a Cheeniya. They all laugh and talk and are fond of each other. But, they are outliers who have crossed their tribal affinity. They are intrigued by each other and are a cheerful lot. They straddle a kinship and a frontier. They are part forthcoming and part inhibited. They influence each other despite their anchor in inevitable groups. A practical bonding in such circumstances would be reaching out without tearing away.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2018
    Viswamitra likes this.
  3. Viswamitra

Wow! That was a quick and very profound pictorial representation of what really happens in real life! Yes. I agree. Groups are inevitable but when Viswa crosses his boundaries, he sees with the eyes of Ira, Soka and Cheeniya Sir and learn something very unique and different breaking what is his traditional thinking. What I liked the most is the interconnection between the group depicted in the hand drawn "Reality". Frankly, I even think that they are circles overlapping at a small segment of the circle like the one drawn by Vani in my snippet "Ikigai".

I love the rambler's words as much as I love the words of one who questions his duties and the one who translates thoughts into words and pictures in a few seconds.

Viswa

4. Iravati

Iravati Platinum IL'ite

Ahoy! Spontaneity is my middle name. If you were my whatsapp friend then I would startle you with a preemptive reply even before you text me. That's how ridiculously chatty I am with my (close) friends.

I grasped the subtle urge in your reflective post. In a community, rather than hobnob with only one's cohorts, it is enriching to breach the comfort zone and experience variegated people and their thoughts. You laid that down with your own gingerly confrontation with the milling crowd at large. Yes, that is how communities should work.

About me, I am not averse to network, but, say, complacent over my solitude. I am an odd bat here as I enjoy the solitude of a un-beckoning alcove. My real life is unevenly chatty. I enjoy the refreshing solitude here. I cannot escape intruding noise in real time. But here, I can shriek an echo. This has nothing to do with your thoughtful post in spreading rapport to bond the community for one's own benefit to examine and learn through blended findings. Just revealing why some odd bats like me prefer online seclusion. Good post.

Viswamitra likes this.
  5. Viswamitra

This is the best ever summary of what I was trying to communicate in a snippet by any reader in IL. If I were to conduct a class on reading comprehension, assimilation and summary of the content, this I will show as a perfect example. Carefully crafted and vibrant words of response with the essence of what was said in the entire snippet.

There is so much to learn from you and this is one of them. How you consistently apply everything that is said in a snippet reflecting your own conduct and share your true analysis of it. I really struggle with it and whenever it is convenient to think it is not about me, I use that excuse to walk away from applying it to my life. I wish I knew about you earlier but I am glad I know you now.

Viswa