Infertility struggles & Success stories

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by sonal, Feb 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Confused211

Confused211 Gold IL'ite

Re: TTC progress and two weeks wait...

First TTC attempt: March 2009. Trial without knowledge of ovulation date. Tested on March 24, 2009 and thought we saw a positive. However, AF started the next morning, no positive HPT on that day. Devastated, but as we weren't sure if it was even real, recovered fairly quickly. Had a blood test for beta levels about 2 weeks later just to be sure, but tested negative.
    April 2009: dedicated TTC attempt. HPT+ on April 22; EDD Dec 31, 2009. Progressively stronger pink lines on subsequent days. Woke up on April 29, very uneasy, tested and saw a negative test. Began spotting. Went to ER later in the day when bleeding was very heavy. Tested positive (naturally) with blood test, levels were expected to fall. However, beta continued creeping up for another ~10 days. Suspected ectopic pregnancy. Held off methotrexate treatment, beta started dropping on its own. Bled for 3.5 weeks on and off. Got a period exactly 4 weeks after April 22, as if nothing happened in between.

Began charting BBT, very erratic temps. Couldn't pinpoint ovulation. Third cycle post m/c (not counting the probably anovulatory one in May), HPT+ on August 10, 2009; EDD April 22, 2010, exactly a year after first confirmed HPT+. I am praying hard that the delivery will be safe for both of us.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 26, 2010
  2. blessbabydust

blessbabydust IL Hall of Fame

Dear TTC

Iam here not to disappoint you all by telling my fertility journey but hope my story will inspire many TTC for their Fertility journey .

We started to plan for baby only from October 2009. We both went to doctor for general checkup and did many test like blood test, pap smear test , uterus check up and egg ultrasound . Doctor advised to come after a week to collect the test results and consultation for our shock I discovered that iam affected by PCOS (mild) one due to hormonal imbalance . We both sat down and requested the doctor what is the solution to overcome this PCOS ? advised to reduce weight and exercise regularly . So I started to eat lots of vegetables (steamed ) and fruits (less sugar content ones - two fruits a day) avoided oil food, chicken , frys , chips , potatoes. We both went to swimming regularly and i walked one hour everyday my weight reduced drastically in two months time . I was normal weight like 57Kg and went to do the test again ..............after a week they advised iam alright and ready to conceive but doctor also advised to perform my husbands Semen analysis test . So we performed SA test after two weeks in December 2009 my heart broken into pieces his mobility and morphology was out of range ................. doctor advised that it might take longer than you thought .......but we both never lost hope and confidence we still was focused and diet and food . My husband took figs, cold milk and cold shower........... We both then forgot about baby planning and decided to work on something for my career as everytime i see negative in HPT i cry like baby and my husband couldnt see me like that so he said lets keep baby planning as side and plan for your career . And then we never talked about baby planning in january month at all .In month of Feb I was so tired and couldnt talk for long time . On feb 10th i was watching a movie called AA EE and one scence where prabhu's daughter talks about her father with pride . After seeing than I started to cry to murugan why you make us wait like this please bless us with baby soon. While watching movie i slept and in my dream someone asking me to check HPT at that time i was 3 weeks late ( i forgot completly about that ). Then i searched for HPT luckily i had two strips .... i checked the strips and waited for 10 seconds amazing it turned dark two lines positive .......................straight i went to my pooja room and said muruga muruga romba nandri nandri un karunaiyeh karunai than ................... i cried to muruga to thank him and to make our baby healthy and protect from evils . Until today i say "shasti kasavasam "everyday without fail and do shasti pooja . I forgot to tell everyone I got ghee from Garbarakshambigai temple (in november 3rd week ) and did 48 days thing ...........As per the goddess saying after did 48 days and 1 period cycle i got conceived . So GOD & Goddess are great and my strong prayers for them without any fail made them to bless me with healthy baby. Please do believe in them and they will bless us with healthy baby.And also i listen to garbarakshimbaigai songs daily and chanted verukalai and shasti kavasam . If you have any obstacles do chant sankata vinyaka slokam daily 3 times for 12 days . These are the things I did for begetting healthy baby. Iam now in 4th month ............... My grandmother used to say if pregnant lady say something wholeheartly it will happen . I wholeheartly say this to all TTC ladies please pray from your heart and avoid stress ; try to make other pregnant ladies happy and pray for their safe pregnancy this will create a Karma and turn into blessing for you and baby dust . Now iam daily praying to god for safe delivery and healthy baby.

I pray for all TTC ladies a healthy baby soon .

Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2010
  3. Indhu

Indhu New IL'ite

Hi all , I wish my experience gives some hope to ppl who are ttc. I was diagonised with pcos & diabetes in 2006 .My treatment started with letrozole cycles ,we tried 3 times and everytime after my negative beta hcg test , i needed some weeks to be back to normal life .All thru this this my husband was very supportive .Then I was started on injectables (2 cycles) . Injectable was converted into ivf .We were not prepared for ivf mentally n financially, since it was a converted one we managed it .Our first ivf cycle was a failure.Then 2 frozen embryo tranfer which again resulted in negative result .I took a break and was concentrating on getting a job .Finally in 2009 we did a fresh ivf n i was pregnant with twins . my pregnancy was a rough one with lots of complications .at one stage of my pregnancy I was told I could lose my twins .finally I gave birth to my twins at 34 weeks and they are doing fine now Hope and faith got me thru these stressful times .

4. Priya_Mommy

Priya_Mommy Gold IL'ite

Re: Please help me

Yantra,
    Welcome to IL dear. Come'on!!We are all here to support you.
    Who said with one fallo tube, its not possible to get pregnant. I heared one of my distant relatives who is currently 9 weeks pregnant with only one Fallo tube. Yes Yes Yes!! She only have one open fallopian tube! After 2.5 yrs of TTC, they finally discovered problem back in July. Originally her husband was diagnosed with a varicole, dr. thought she was ok. They were directed to a reproductive endocrinologist who recommened IUI. After 2 unsuccessful rounds, they had a HSG which was clean. Then 2 more unsuccessful IUIs, and a stumped dr. This lead to their decision of surgery- LAP & HSC. In surgery it was discoverd she had stage 3 ENDO, all was able to be cleaned out... except one of her falloptian tubes was closed-up by scar tissue from the ENDO. Dr. felt the risk of opening it was not worth the benefit, he felt confident that she could get pregnant with one tube. Dr. was ready to do IUI, but she wanted to try naturally. Dr. said ok, but he didn't rec. more than 3 mo. After month 1 they gave up hope... however month 2 brought them a great surprise. Her due is in Jan I believe.. I wish you the best of luck and so yes, you can get pregnant with one fallopian tube.

5. achedere

achedere Junior IL'ite

Re: TTC with One fallopean tube

Hi Yantra,

Welcome. I have to share my story. I had ectopic pregnancy and my right tube was damaged and had to be removed. I always ovulate on right side. I got pregnant again with one tube when I ovulated on left. But had MC due to no heart beat. I did not loose courage. I kept on trying. I always asked my doctor how can I conceive if I am ovulating on right side and I have tube on left side. My Doctor told me that my left tube will pick up follicle on right ovary. It is possible. I never trusted my luck with this scenario.
    Finally, I conceived when I ovulated on right side. Though I was suppose to go for IUI, I did not complete the cycle except taking medicines and monitoring for ovulation. It was natural and I had a beautiful baby girl this Jan.
    I suggest that you make sure your one fallopian tube is not blocked and rule out other possibilities for infertility.Think positive.

Good luck..

Anita.

1 person likes this.
  6. mapleleaf

mapleleaf Silver IL'ite

Re: TTC with One fallopean tube

Yantra, I too have only one fallopian tube by birth (a congenital defect), to top it i suffer from PCOS so i typically ovulate only from the side where there is no tube! But miracles do happen, i conceived after 6 years of actively trying. Please do not lose hope, have faith, i have read of cases where women are born with no tubes at all or whatever is formed is too deformed to be opened up (even such women have conceived with the help of IVF). I know it is very hard to stay calm and leave it all to hope and faith, but you have to try and not despair. Infertility is hard on anybody, it can lead to arguments, misunderstandings between couples and even extended families, take things slowly. Deal with one issue at a time. I wish you all luck to have a successful pregnancy at the earliest.

7. jayanaresh

jayanaresh Bronze IL'ite

Hi

Iam happy to share with you all that my friend is pregnant with triplets.
    She was married for 7 years and tryg to conceive from the begining as per her doctor's advice because she have PCOS and other complications.

Actually she delayed her wedding because of this and finally fill in love with a man and married him after explaining her problem...

I told her about Indusladies and encouraged her to read the TTC column and she is a silent reader ......( Even i was a silent reader for a year before joining the IL)

First IVf itself become successful and now she is carrying three babies ( one boy and two girls).

Yesterday she told me IL + TTC made her confident and it gave her the mental courage to go thru IVF and that is why the first IVf itself become successful..
    She said to convey lots and lots of thanks to TTC indusladies.....

Thanks a lot ladies................
    I myself cried a lot for her and prayed hard for her............

She is due in December and Doc advised her for bedrest.
    Pls pray for her because the delivery is going to be C section.

Iam so happy and proud of ILs GOOD WORK ....
    hats off ILS...
    I sincerely pray for all who are TTC....
    I can show my gratitude like that..

Regards
    Mrs.N

8. sharanyadevi

sharanyadevi Gold IL'ite

Re: Successful IVF

Wow such an lovely gift from God after so much tests.. Really happy to hear the good news and its really great that you shared with us, it gives us some positive vibes. Prayers and wishes to her for Safe delivery and Healthy baby...:thumbsup

Friends i too need to share a good news with you guys. My neighbours (the three kids parents, hope u guys remember) brother too had issue with sperm count and was waiting for 7 years. Wife too had some issues and he had only 3 sperms.. only 3 in nos not in millions. They tried several IUIs, IVF with ICSI. I met her once and we both were discussing about our TTC journey. Today my neighbour conveyed me that she is pregnant that too through natural cycle with same sperm count... Was happy to hear and thought to share with you guys...

The lady used to tell me that she used to cry and pray daily. Atlast God has answered her their prayers. So our turn is very soon:cheers.. 2010 will be ours:thumbsup

1 person likes this.
  9. saths

saths Senior IL'ite

Hi dears....Hope you all had a great weekend :)
    Last week my friend shared me a news which she thought very funny....After hearing the news i blasted her like never before...bcos its not a funny thing and its soul touching...,,,Her aunty (chithi- age stepping to 50's) shared the news of her first pregnancy last week. every one is so surprised. bcos she is in menopause stage....She took so many treatments but it was not fruit ful...so she lost hope and stopped all meditions etc... See God's grace ....Now she got pregnant...But Dr put her in Complete bed rest as risk is high....It seem she is in her 4th month now...Though it looked funny for my friend , I felt really happy and encouraging even...bcos i can understand what pain she could have undergone during her long married life without a kid....ohhh no...couldnt even imagine....... really God is there.

Please pray for her succesful pregnancy and for their long life with the God's Gift...

If one can get pregnant at this age , surely we can :) SO NO WORRIES DEARS ... CHEER UP

Baby dust to you all

10. malar_arasi

malar_arasi Silver IL'ite

Hello All,

I am a old timer in this thread ( You can see some of my posts in the first few posts of thread).
    My History : PCOS in both ovaries, conceived on 2nd IUI and miscarried at 10 weeks, went through more IUIs,
    all of them failed or rather I overstimulated so actually 3 of cycles were cancelled without any procedure at all.So my doctor said the only way out for me is IVF.

Btw we had no male fertility issues and my only problem was anovulation. So I was not convinced to go for IVF. I went into a stage of depression, loneliness etc etc. Later somehow I convinced myself to go for IVF and it succeeded in first try. Now I am a proud mom of twin babies. I had a difficult pregnancy because of my previous miscarriage plus work and after delivery, one of babies because of low weight had to be in NICU for 3 days.

So overall I had a very tough and busy time and literaaly no time for myself.I really wanted to write my success story earlier. but ya main intention is to assure all other ILites here to keep on following your dreams and u will reach there eventually as I did.

Feel free to ask me more question or doubts regarding IVF or TTC in general.

Special Thanks to Vasu, RG and Vidhkarthik who helped me during my TTC journey.

Regards,
    Malar

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.