Infertility struggles & Success stories

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by sonal, Feb 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Saswati127

Saswati127 Senior IL'ite

Re: TTC progress and two weeks wait...

Hi Everyone,

I am posting in this thread after a long time. I also have PCOS and was struggling with it since a couple of years. Got married two years back and was trying for a baby for the last one year, had also posted many posts in IL regarding PCOS and also got many relieving and soothing words from great IL friends like Vasumathy and Rajlakshmi, trust me their words have really inspired me to live happily and to ignore the harsh and rude behaviours from my in-laws and neighbours.

Finally friends, after so much of struggle, I was successful in conceiving and now enjoying my days of pregnancy. I would like to share the things which helped me to conceive.

Medicines:

For three months I was taking these medicines:

a) Metformin 1500 mg per day
    b) Hyponidd - 1 tablet
    c) Mucinac 500 - 1 tablet

Daily diet:

Avoided white flour (maida) completely, instead of normal maggi I had vegetable Atta noodles, had brown bread, had basmati rice instead of the normal rice, always had those vegetables/fruits which had low GI, had fresh juice, everyday in the morning had few methi seeds with water, had oats in the breakfast as well as in the evening. Avoided oily, junk foods.

Everyday used to take a walk for 20-40 minutes.

Believe me, with this routine I was able to reduce around 10 kilos of my weight. I was 61 and had become 52 before conceiving.

Someone in one of the IL threads had said, that if you reduce your weight half of your PCOS battle is almost won. I had always remembered that.

I also had kept Sai baba fast on every Thursday and also observed Pradosh vrat. Also like to add, I had read the Slokas for begetting a child which is listed in the Slokas Index by Chitvish in IL, every morning.

Friends, I had posted this, because I was also one of TTC lady few months back, but by following this regime I had been successful, so I wish if anyone of you could benefit from this post, I would be very very happy, because I can feel and understand what TTC journey means.

Baby dust to all of you!!! And am waiting to hear more and more successful stories this year. May Sai baba and Lord Shiva shower their blessings on all of you!!!

2. vidhkarthik

vidhkarthik Bronze IL'ite

Hello Girls, I have some news to share. Finally the fertility treatments worked and am pregnant and things are going smoothly and I have crossed 3 month mark. My problems have been recurrent miscarriage and unexplained infertility. After almost 2 yrs this method gave us the news we were waiting to hear. I am disclosing it here so that it might be useful to some fellow TTC girls. Am sorry to give too much of info, but if atleast one person found this protocol useful, I will consider myself useful. This is what the doc recommended for girls nearing 30 and are in TTC. So..some of us in that situation and TTC, please consider Injectables and IUI for quicker results PLEASE.

1. Injectables - Follitism 700 IU divided amongst 5-6 days
    2. Husband on Dabur chavanprash and multivitamins for 2 months and abstained from ejaculation for 3 days before IUI. No running, hot showers for him for 1 month before the IUI and no tight underpants for him from time immemorial. :)
    3. Observed good quality cervical mucus - Egg white consistency during injectable and 1 day after.
    4. U/S for follicle growth regularly.
    5. Injection HCG shot.
    6. 2 back to back IUIs - Gap of 24 hrs.
    7. Cut down coffee and tea completely after periods.
    8. Drank lots of hot water throughout to improve CM.
    9. Had Panneer and tofu rich food after IUI
    10. Rest for 3 days after IUI. Not even cooking and going near hot stoves.
    11. After 2 days of second IUI, started taking progesterone supplements - Vaginal supplements. Oral supplements also help if you are unsure and worried about vaginal supplements. But..Please ask your doc about this. I really think this helped save my baby. Took this for 10 weeks and then progesterone injection for 2 more weeks. So..12 weeks progesterone protocol continued.
    12. I had some mild clotting disorders ( Women suffering from Miscarriage - PLEASE check for this). So, took an injection called Lovenox everyday for this for 2 weeks from 31 days of pregnancy. This is probably the most painful part...the injection itches and burns like hell and you have to do it everyday yourself around your stomach or your thighs. Women who have had miscarriages or unexplained infertility - Please check for this specifically with your Obgyns. These disorders are easy to fix, but when unfixed can cause very early miscarriages and can be a pain in the wrong place.
    13. 2 days after the IUI, started having a slice of pineapple everyday for next 8 days. I finished 2 whole pineapples in this time. Stopped it after that. Try this girls..It has worked for many friends of mine and now..for me.
    14. No hot water showers and baths during the 2 WW.
    15. No lifting heavy weights during 2WW.

Well...This is all I did and after the initial scares and heartaches things are now going fine and doctor has reduced the miscarriage chances as I have crossed the first trimester. Just wanted to inform this to our girls. Do not lose hope girls...I have been there....Done that...Gone through many miscarriages, many more heartaches, have given up hope manytimes...have been frustrated many times...but there is light at the end of the tunnel. Some aggressive help from our OBGYN is all we need. Please ask any questions regarding the procedure..Will try to give answers as far as I am aware.

lotuskirtana likes this.
  3. Raindrop

Raindrop Bronze IL'ite

Dear TTC girls,

I have been a regular reader of this forum but never actively posted here. When i read this forum i thought i was too greedy cos i already had my son and was trying for my second baby wherein girls here were yearning for their first chance. From then on i sincerely started praying for them and have also heard positive results thereon.

I just dropped in to say that i'm pregnant now with my second baby and it has never been easy for me to concieve the second time as i postponed for a few years. I was diagnosed with PCOS and underwent a diagnostic lap in Aug 2007. Also the cyst was punctured in my left ovary and was asked to take Metformin along with contraceptives and asked to reduce my weight naturally through exercise and diet. My Prolactin levels were high (hormonal imbalance).

I religiously followed the instructions and within 5 months brought my prolactin, FSH and LH to normal levels after which i was asked to stop the contraceptives and started to plan for a baby. And to my surprise i was pregnant the following month in April 2008, but then alas it turned out to be Ectopic! I was shattered. I lost hope. But by God's grace i was diagnosed in my early 7 weeks itself and asked to remove. As my HCG levels were very high but the sac was not visible it was confirmed a tubal pregnancy. I underwent laproscopy but being unsuccessful it lead to laparotomy wherein my right tube was removed. I consoled myself saying that God did not want me to carry that baby full term as it was not for me. Or may be God decided for my good only, cos if it went unnoticed it wld have taken my life too.

At this stage i completely lost hope as there was only a 50% chance for me and things never happened when i had a 100% chance itself. But i dint want to give up. That is when i went to India last year for my vacation. I planned a trip to Garbarakshambiga and Karuvalarcheri Amman temples after i came to know thro' IL. Being born an brght up in Chennai i was unaware of these temples infact. I had their dharshan and also consulted my doc in India where my son was born years back. She went thro my history and i was scanned and asked to do HSG too. She told me i had all chances to concieve as my left tube was in good condition and i was only 32 years.She told that there were no signs of PCOS too by then. Also my periods were on dot every month. She told me just believe in GOD and asked me to follow few instructions. She was very positive and so was I.

Girls you will not believe once i was back from India i started to consume the Ghee and on the 30th day of it i missed my period. I tested and hurray it was positive!!! But then me and DH did not show any excitement as my next worry was if everything was fine with my baby as i had a bad experience earlier. I waited till my first scan, neither my doc gave me any hope until then. Once my first scan was over i had a gr8 sigh of relief as i cld see my baby and hear the HB. I only then trusted my eyes and started rejoicing.

And now by God's grace i've stepped into my third trimester. So this post is just to let everybody know that if i could succeed inspite of all these hurdles (in bold letters) even u girls can do it. Never lose hope or trust in GOD. They always give us the right thing at the right time. Also do not forget to do ur part. Please follow the instructions of ur doc religiously and you will reap the results. I sincerely pray that everybody here also enjoy the happiness with ur bundle of joy soon. Do not lose hope. God will surely test ur patience and give hardships but will never let u down if you sincerely TRUST HIM!!!

Girls please pray for me and my baby too. Hope everything goes fine. Lots of baby dust to all!:) :thumbsup

4. hemachidam

hemachidam New IL'ite

Hi friends,

Hope everybody is doing good and working positively towards ttc.
    I want to write my story here to give some hope.
    You all may be knowing my past story(ie before feb2009).Till feb2009 I was an active member.I was diagnosed with PCOD in dec2006.Took Metformin till may2007.After that took HSG,blood tests in India.Prolactin was high.I took medicines for 3months.In Sep2007 I got conceived and that ended in ectopic.So I stopped ttc for 3more months.Again started in Jan2008.So many clomid and femera cycles everything failed.
    In oct 2008 I came to India and did blood tests.Everything was good.Isulin was coming down when compared to the previous results.I tried with new gynec.She told me stop all the medicines.I need to induce my periods always.Without medicine I didnt get my periods.She gave medicine and again prescribed with clomid.I went back to Dubai.I tried with lots of hope.I went to follicular study but no egg was there.Again there were lot of cysts becoz of stopping the medicines.I was really realy upset.Again she tried in the feb but no egg.So she advised me to do ovarian drilling.
    Again I came to India in Mar2009.I changed my doc again.I underwent laproscopy in Apr2009.She gave treatment in may2009.I didnt think anything becoz i was with my parents.After stopping naturogest i didnt get my periods.I took hpt in 33rd day.I got positive.And I went to the doc to see the sac becoz of my past bitter experience.Everything was fine and I delivered twin girls on Jan18 2010.

So dont loose hope and pray to god always.All of u will get positive result soon.

5. aishuanand

aishuanand Bronze IL'ite

hi friends
    hope you all doing good.as you all know i am in this ttc boat for past 3 years and 3 months and in treatment for past one & half years. As nothing worked out in fiji planned to go to india to start my treatment with iui. and last month i took break and i dint took any pills and i was really away from my ttc tensions and even booked my tickets to India in may.

but you know what last monday it was my cd 35 becoz of my dh's pressure i did hpt in the morning and i dint even see my result and come out. after few mins when i took and about to throw it in bin i noticed that there were 2 lines(the second line was so light).:eek:mg:

but still i dint had hope but prayed god that it should be positive and again i repeated it yesterday which showed two bright lines.

immediately i called my gyne and met him to ask what to do now he took a scan to check whether the sac was there. but he dint find any thing clear, he told me to stop metformin and to wait till week 8 and asked me to come for checking the heart beat. he told once when the heart beat is heard then he can conform it seems.

friends first of all thanks for each and everyone here to guide and helped me out in all difficulties:bowdown .And i also need your prayers that everything should be good.i was some how little bit tensed and praying that it should be fine when i go in my 8 th week.

Need all your prayers and also dont leave your hopes on god in my case i can say thats its really a miracle done by lord murugan.my prayers to you all and all the best.

6. RashmiR

RashmiR New IL'ite

Hi ILs,

I'm very happy to share the awaited news with you all.. :yes:, i tested positive in UPT yesterday :)

Thanks for each and everyone who did prayers and sent baby dust by my way..

Thank u all once again...

Will keep updating u now and then... My next check up is only after May 5th...

7. apavanireddy

apavanireddy Senior IL'ite

hi friends
    i am pavani
    under IVF treatment with Dr.mamtha deenadayal, hyderabad.
    tranfer has done on 14th (3 embroyos r with good quality and 1 is average)of this month and pregnency test on 27 th march.eagarly waiting for march 27 th.

thanks friends
    meganesh,vasumathi,radhapath and anu1215 thanks alot for all of ur positive words.today i got positive result in my pregnency test.really i am so so so happy todayyyyyy.

all the best for friends who r in ttc

and god give a good health for my whole pregnency period.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 28, 2010
  8. nithyadavidson

nithyadavidson Bronze IL'ite

re: Infertility struggles & Success stories

Hi all,
    My main problem was PCOS and periods were very irregular rite from my age 13 .I used to get may be 3 months once. Went to Gyn in Feb 2008. Till August 2008 took novelon. Periods were regular from Feb to Aug 2008. And from Aug 2008 till July 2009 took letoval. Did the follicular study every month and was in TTC. But unfortunately got my periods. In August 2009 Dr asked me to take HCG injection. Took for 5 days and wonders happened. The same month I conceived. Now I am in 8<sup>th</sup> month and my due date is on May 8<sup>th</sup> 2010. So my TTC started from Aug 2008 and exactly after a year wonders happened. If it did not click in Aug 2009 then I would have started IUI the next month. But by God’s grace things worked out.

All the best to every one in TTC.

Thanks,
    Nithya

Last edited: Mar 24, 2010
  9. peartree

peartree Platinum IL'ite

re: Infertility struggles & Success stories

I had been having irregular periods too and was on Progestrone for a long time! There was also steady weight gain and nothing I did would helped me shed those. After a few blood tests, I was diagnosed insulin resistant and put on Metformin ER once a day, gradually increasing to 3 a day. The doctor said it is likely that my period will also get regular with the Metformin. Before I had a chance to even check if my periods were regularized, I had become pregnant and once I started Metformin, I also noticed that I was able to lose weight a little easily. I am now in my 17th week of pregnancy.

Pooja,

Is it safe to drink methi soaked water even during pregnancy?

Last edited: Mar 24, 2010
  10. Tugga

Tugga Silver IL'ite

Hi Girls,

I am relatively new to this sub forum... and I am also on TTC club like you all and I have started this jouney since January 2010, but failed to follow the instructions (i.e couldn't track ovulation days and have IC accordingly) on my peak days due to lots and lots of travelling. But I will start a proper TTC from next month, so that I can come up with updates and will stay tuned to this sub forum.

It is really heart breaking when you face failures and disapointments after every trials. But only one thing I can advice you...i.e have faith in God. He will never punish his children.
    You may worry about this delay, but you will surely feel happy and blessed for this delay later in your life.

I would like to cite an example from my own family. i.e from my own mom's experience.

She was on TTC for an year after her marriage, but no success. All her relatives, ILs and friends started to talk negatively about that and asked her to follow some remedies like pouring milk to cobras and have naked bath in a holy river. She is Christian, hence she refused to follow all these stuff despite all the bad talks.

After a year, she managed to conceive a baby boy. Carried him in her womb for 9 months and delivered him on the right date. That was a very hard pregnancy, hence her delivery was very complicated. It was like life - death situation. In that battle, she lost her son - the most wanted baby, immediately after his birth. No need to say how tearful my mom was.

Due to the complications in her delivery, she was asked to abstain from pregnancy for 3 years by her doctors (please note... All this happened in 1979).

Again the same torture started with the form of astrology, horoscope, remedies, humiliation, interferences, etc...etc... She waited camly, but attached her self with God and prayed for a real happiness.

After 3 years, when she tried for the first time randomly (without even predicting ovulation time) she got conceived... Meaning her periods got delayed. She didn't think it was pregnancy, hence she agreed to join a long road trip with her ILs that time.

While she was on trip, suddenly something stroke her mind that her period was delayed for 7 days, hence she could be pregnant. She was worried too much, but had no options but to continue the trip (They were already in their return way then).
    When checked her pregnancy was confirmed, and then she had me as a very safe, normal and easy delivery without any troubles.

Then she had two other babies..i.e my bro and sis.

Her friends and relatives of her age have children who are 5-6 yrs elder than us. But they are not attached with their parents as we do.

Now my mom is very happy with her children, by seeing their educational and career growth, family life and other positive sides, which is some of her friends/relatives' kids missing.

There is no one who is happy forever or who lies in trouble forever... These happiness and sadness are just a passing clouds.. So, please have the courage to face this hardest time in your life in order to prepare for a continous happiness.

Good luck to you all, and I wish this forum to fill with more success stories in the coming days!

Off note: I have told 'Annai Vailankanni" church in Nagapatnam (Tamil Nadu) is very famous for those have problems in their TTC. Mother Mary has helped her daughters to face these problems easily and so much success stories I hear from there. I have been there once last during last december when I was down with some marital issues... surprisingly all my problems have been solved with no time and I am very happy in my life now (see my threads in Marriage life forum). So, I share this message for those follow/pray to mother Mary to visit her Holy shirine once (if possible) to ask this little help.

Sorry ladies for deviating this thread, but my intention was to help at least one soul who is in tears now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.