Infertility struggles & Success stories

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by sonal, Feb 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drpreethis

Drpreethis Gold IL'ite

Re: TTC progress and two weeks wait...

Girlssssss,

( I mean every one who has interacted / not with me in this thread ) ..

I know this is a wrong thread to post what I am about to.. But, trust me.. there are not anyone closer than you girls who have been along my ttc journey !

We finally made a baby ! Phew !! :thumbsup

And he is busy growing in my belly for the past 18 weeks !! Wanted to complete the scan and then reveal it, I know each of you here will understand why I was holding back till the scan ! :)

So, yes.. here I am a-mommy getting ready to handle two fussy boys ( my hubby and the LO ) in my house !!

If with PCOS and Metformin only, I can conceive.. I guess, each of you are going to give the ' Listen, I am pregnant ' news very soon !

God Bless All !!

Love

2. MILKYBAR

MILKYBAR Senior IL'ite

re: Infertility struggles & Success stories

how wondar?

these many girls are there and no more replies to this thread?

why?
    i think this is very good thread.thats it.
    and it will be very helpful those who r in ttc.
    bi.baby dust to u all.

3. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

re: Infertility struggles & Success stories

There are many success stories shared here...
    Have a look at the the A-Z sticky thread.. it will point you to few of those stories...

4. vids

vids Senior IL'ite

Hi all, am peeping in after a long time here. I finally got a +ve on my HPT this cycle :) Am 5 weeks right now :) Hoping and praying for a healthy & sticky bean!! Eagerly waiting for the first trimester to be over so I can relax my mind!

Its been 9 months of ttc and I had a SIS (Saline Infusion Sonogram) before this cycle. Doctor suggested this instead of HSG as it is less painful AND no need to wait one cycle!! Doc also said the chances of conceiving after the procedure is slightly higher. She said any slight blockages in Fallopian tubes will be flushed out during the process.
    I have a slightly long cycle (36 days) and dH had low motility (40%) Doctor asked us to try 3 more cycles naturally before going in for clomid or other treatments like IUI. And by the grace of God, we got pregnant in the first cycle after SIS against all odds! (Did not BD on the peak days as we were out of town and didnt get the chance; we had BD'd 3 days before O!!) Guess when the time comes, it happens!!

Good luck to all ladies here in the ttc boat!! Never give up hope and dont get stressed out!! When the time comes, you will have your bundle of joy!!!

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 1, 2010
  5. prettywomen123

prettywomen123 Senior IL'ite

Fertility treatment - success stories

Hi all,

This is to let you know about my pregnancy journey with PCOS and Metformin intake.I now have a beautiful baby boy who is 5 weeks old.So pls dont loose hope.PCOS is not harmful, the right medicinal intake will solve the issue. I took metformin for 6 months.

My diagnosis-

7 yrs back PCOS detected. Had hair growth on upper lip,chin and face. Weighed 52 kg which was normal for my height. Used to eat all sorts of spicy food. Did not follow any diet and used to eat all that I wanted. But weight growth was still steady. Did not put on much weight.Used to get periods once in 2 months. I was prescribed dianette for reducing hair growth and to get regular periods. Got regular periods then on for 2 yrs.Was fed up having medines for 2 yrs. Then was again meprate for another 2 yrs.That time I was in India so the gyneac there asked me to stop all medicines and see how it goes. The next 2 yrs I dint have any medicines. Then I got periods only once every 6 months then it stopped. Gyneac said since I was single then, it is not a cause of worry even if I dint get periods for sometime. I got married last yr and my Indian gyneac felt it was not possible to continue prescribing medication since I am in UK. So went to an endocronologist here. She prescribed some blood tests then put me on metformin.I never thought PCOS was a serious issue for me until after 3 months of taking metformin and going for a check up back, the gyneac told me it was impossible for me to conceive since my blood tests again didnot show any improvements. I emailed my indian gyneac and she said metformin alone will not help and I might have to go for some more treatments. I lost hope and wasnt serious about taking metformin though I took it regularly and missed it a couple of days. The only problem I had with metformin was diarhoe.Then again after 3 months I went back and she said she will again give me another dose of metformin for another 3 months. This was march 09. Then in April I went for my first wedding aniversary celebrations and was vomiting and felt giddy.I also felt as though the whole world is dark and suddenly felt no meaning in life. I used to simply cry for no reasons. I never got the slightest clue I was pregnant and never had the idea of doing a home pregnancy test. I went to the emergency one evening as I fainted coming back from work. The doctor there took my urine sample and told me the good news. I couldnt believe it and still had doubts. The next day I went for my scan and wen i heard baby heart beat and movement i was so happy by then I was 9 weeks . It is definitely god's miracle in my life. I didnot take metformin after I was confirmed pregnancy.

Problems I had during pregnancy:

Low BP but was slowly recovering during first trimester
    sore throat and cold - second trimester
    vaginal discharge and thrush - first and second trimester
    tummy itching and steroids- second and third trimester- I found out why I was itching after my LO was born. He has so much hair.
    muscle cramp mostly at night- second trimester
    More tension and stress- both at workplace and home
    Indigestion

What I did/didnt

Walking every day 30 mins until the end of pregnancy
    Did household work until 7 months. Lifted heavy shopping bags though some said I shouldnt
    Worked till end of 36 weeks.
    The last 4 weeks I dint do any work since parents were here to take care.Maybe thats why ended in a C section at the end or maybe because I took lots of tensions about delivery.
    Was a pessimist at every stage of pregnancy and always used to think since I have pcos will I be able to deliver.
    After pregnancy had questions on breast feeding since somewhere I read pcos can affect breast feeding but now I am breast feeding though intially had problems.
    Didnot know I was 9 weeks pregnant. Had all sorts of spicy food, prawns and all sorts of food which is said to be not taken during pregnancy like pineapple . But stopped taking them as soon as I knew I was pregnant.
    Had lots of fruits and less vegetables.
    Used to drink atleast 12 glasses of water which helped very much during pregnancy

During delivery had lots of problems since I wasnt dilated 100% . They tried normal delivery, vantouse forceps and at last had to go for c- section. Had to bear a lot of pain but in the end it was all worth it.

My write up is to give courage to all those who like me didnt know how important is to act as soon as pcos is detected and not to be careless like me. I am not sure if I will get my periods back but for my lifetime I will thank god for the precious baby boy my bundle of joy - 'a perfect gift from god-

Regards n gud luck to all those ttc

6. msm

msm Gold IL'ite

Dear Friends,

I've a good news to share with you all - just confirmed with my doctor today, my urine test came positive today is my D34, and suggested for some more blood test today, continue with the progestrone tablets and come back for scan on 15-Jan.

Thanks very much for all your wishes. After trying for the last one year naturally I was really fed up. Just after started pouring my concerns in the IL forum, I'm relieved and consulted the doctor in the past few months. I sincerely believe all your words on not getting stressed out did a magic, my DH used to say that to me, but never listened to him, but after reading all your words, I somehow made myself stress free and I'm now given with this good news.

I've to be extra-cautious to continue in this journey safely (somewhere at the backof my mind I'm still worried because of the mis-carriages happen due to Clomid) and would request your wishes/prayers.

My Prayers to all in TTC and am sure that more will join me in announcing their good news in the coming months.

Love
    MSM

7. bfp2010

bfp2010 New IL'ite

My dear friends

want to share a good news that finally after a struggle of one long year i am pregnant, that too on a natural cycle with lord's blessings.

For all those like me who keep on looking for symptoms during 2ww...

I had absolutely no symptoms (no bad taste in mouth, no backache, not very high BBT, no implantation cramps or bleeding, no sore throat, No discharge, no breast tenderness (well i never get this) and absolutely nothing)

Only thing i had was light cramps on my expected period's day and it happens to me in every cycle.

today it has been 7 days since i missed my periods and the only thing i have now is some pain on lower left side of abdomen (and i am scared because of that but leaving everything in the hands of god and he will do the best as he has planned for us)

Dear friends, one of my TTC friends suggested to take folic acid and also to give to DH, which is the only thing i did this month differently.. so please try this as there is no harm.

Pray for me and baby dust to all.....

Regards.

1 person likes this.
  8. simply_doubtful

simply_doubtful Gold IL'ite

Dear Friends,
    after reading all the posts i was feeling so sad. till ten days ago even i was in the same boat. 8 years of married life with two miscarriages to show for it. My mil would tell anyone if as much as i looked at them. to remove dhristi from the child. I completely avoided going to family get togethers from my mil's side. no weddings for me. I would simply sit at home and ask my hubby to go.
    whenever anybody asked me why i didn't have kids. i just used to smile and leave them.
    this caused us so much tension that both my dh and me, we have decided to go seperate from my inlaws.
    in fact i asked in the puja prayers section for a sloka to go seperate!
    Saras gave me one sloka. its a sri pada vallabha sloka. I read it daily 11 times for 40 days and ate only one time during a day. after finishing it I offered annadanam at the local sai baba temple.
    last month i didn't get my periods. i was like thinking may be i am having premenopause. maybe my periods have stopped altogether. I was in such mind only but never in my life did i think i could be pregnant.
    when the hpt test showed two lines i couldn't believe it. we did straight testing daily for 10 days before it sank in our minds that i am pregnant.
    please read that sloka. if it could work for me it will surely work for you. Don't become tense.
    Sticky baby dust to all of you!!!!!
    Hansika

Few more to add:

I also underwent diagnostic laparoscopy, HSG, PCT, numerous IUI's and all IUI's were failures. I was fed up of all the fertility treatments. Finally my doc suggested IVF. and told me to reduce weight. After I lost nearly 14 kgs and doing yoga regularly i was able to maintain my weight. I also have pcos, have one 1cm seedling of a fibroid. Conceived naturally but miscarried. We were so fed up. My Mil was constantly harassing me. I was so depressed. We finally decided to go for IVF.
    In fact we were supposed to for IVF treatment in jan 2010. when i found out that I am pregnant.
    Don't ever lose hope. God tested me and blessed me. He will bless all of you. Sticky baby dust to you all.
    Hansika

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2010
    Baarbie and mercyanburaj like this.
  9. mssweety

mssweety New IL'ite

Hello Ladies,

I'm coming here after so many months. I hope everyone is doing great and thinking positive.

Even though I don't belong to this group any more I just wanted to wish everyone good luck with their TTC journy.

As far as me I'm doing great and I'm now 25 weeks preg. I'm actually enjoying every bit of pregancy. I was very sick in the beginging where I had to go to the emergency room few times to get IV because I couldn't keep anything down, but my morning sickness is now completely gone and I'm looking forward to the big day.

Once again I wish you ladies all the best of luck. I was in this group for 1 year before I got pregnant so please don't lose hope and think positive and don't stress yourself.

Take care,

Sweety

10. TinaRamy

TinaRamy New IL'ite

Hi..
    This is Tina from July2010 club..i read ur post..dont worry..God has his plans for u..i use to try to concieve for 6 months and in October 2009 i didnt try to concieve..i hardly made love with my husband for more than 2 time and i was supposed to get my periods on 20th of November but i didnt..i didnt bother to check and after 3 days i asked my husband to get me a Home Preg Test just for fun..i checked and there i saw that 2 little line..im pregnant..:2thumbsup:i was supprised..all these months i have been tryin so hard..readin every possible information on the internet about ways to concieve and that month i really didnt do anythin..:)..

Wht i feel is that wht ever b the reason for u not to concieve..just dont work ur mind abt it..when u make out with ur husband do it with a relaxed mind rather than thinkin abt wht ur doin..enjoy it..relax most of all..it make work..the reason bein tht u dont get stress bcoz when u get stressed u ovulation might get delayed or u might ovulate earlier..relax and get supprised..God knows wht best..be brave and strong..all u ladies will surely succeed..God Bless U all.....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.