Infertility struggles & Success stories

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by sonal, Feb 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mohnisha

mohnisha Senior IL'ite

Re: Lucky thread for TTC lovely ladies ..

i have been TTC for 6+ months..

4 cycles tried naturally but no luck. Next cycle went to gynec and she prescribed 'siphene' tablet.
    I was hoping she will take scan, bloodtest to check PCOS or any other issues. when asked her, she told since i have
    regular period cycles, to try with this tablet this month and if it didn't work will go for follicular study.

I was in huge hope that medicated cycle but that too failed. I was devastated.
    I was sure that i have some fertility issues, but somehow i didn't want to rush to treatments.
    i made up my mind like i will try for some 3 more months, without thinking about TTC. i thought i would strenghthen
    myself mentally to face all struggles with this 3 more months time before my treatments.

It was not a easy decision to make and my husband was my pillar of support for my decision.
    So previous cycle, i didn't calculated fertile days, looked for ovulation symptoms, completely kept myself busy
    with office works.

I should mention this here..

I beleive in God and pray, but have not done any vrat, poojas like that.
    In this forum only i came across SaiBaba 9 weeks vrat and saisatcharithra. I believe in HIM and thought why shouldn't
    i start 9 weeks vrat.

So i started vrat on first week of last cycle and started reading saisatcharithra.

My period week came and asusual i had period like cramps. I was sure AF will show up. Since i did not expected much, i was
    waiting for it to show up. Then surprisingly cramps went in some 2 days and no sign of AF till CD38.

A tiny string of hope that it was our month, and did HPT on Thursday, 5th week vrat date.
    BFP...!! Those 2 pink lines..i was in tears after seeing that.. same day went to gynec and confirmed..

Its really a miracle for me.. SaiBaba has answered my prayers..

still i was wondering with all fertile day calculations, a medicated cycle, it did not happen.
    when i totally ignored all these things, with GOD's grace it happened naturally.

Guess the stress, thoughts of TTC affects the hormones..

Sorry for the longg post... May GOD bless all soon..

2. infinitehopes

infinitehopes Bronze IL'ite

Dear Friends,

I was a member of this forum couple of years ago.
    I just wanted to share my success story to give you good hope - like my name - infinite hopes!

Not sure if I posted the story earlier, but I haven't been able to contribute here because as a new mother I have been very busy.

My struggle was for 7-8 years..
    Unexplained infertility

After 4 unsuccessful IUIs in a row - my morale was really down..

So we took a break

Doc kept tweeking some medicines.. monitored me - in what I use to feel as a casual approach.. but I now know that he was doing his homework well..

Then we did another IUI..Unsuccessful..

And then took a break - forced one for some personal reasons.

Got back to treatment and he announced that I have signs of POA.. then put me on DHEA.. I was worried if I will grow a beard now!

But thankfully, No..

And then we went from one cycle to another.. he kept postponing saying we will go for IVF in next cycle.. and it tested my patience!

Finally we went for an IVF cycle..

And it was successful ! It was a miracle!

So miracles do happen friends!

Keep calm.. keep trust.. keep faith! :thumbsup

2 people like this.
  3. pinksugar

pinksugar Gold IL'ite

Re: IUI: Queries & suggestions!

hi everyone

I was waiting for my scan for pregnancy confirmation. thankgod everythings fine and pregnancy is confirmed and normal.
    I want to share what all i can remember i did in my bfp cycle. hope it will be helpful for others..
    my doc had chanced some meds. before iui during first half of my cycle apart from ovulation induction meds my doc also put me on a tablet for increasing my endo lining. usually it used to be 7mm the day before iui. this cycle it went up to 11mm.
    I was taking the following meds after iui during 2ww
    duphston, ecospirin, glycomet, folic acid. and still continuing it.
    after iui i completely rested for 2,3 days. we had ic the day after(day 1 after iui) and on day3 after iui.
    i tried to get adequate rest and tried to include protein rich food. I also took pomogranate and grape juice on and off during initial 2ww. I read that pom and grapes helps thicken the uterine lining which can help implantation.
    I also added some feng shui tips to enhance fertility. I took printout of open pomogranete fruit and kept it in our bedroom. pomo is a symbol of fertility and abundance. I also took a printout of 'kokopelli' and kept it near my bedside. kokopelli is a fertility diety.
    I avoided driving my 2wheeler during 2ww.
    I will add more if i remember anything else.
    Apart from it the main thing is always keep faith in god. dont get dejected by failures and think that i will keep on trying and keep faith in god always.

I am happy and anxious at the same time. I am still in my early stages and have a long way to go.
    hope things proceed normally and i pray that i have a healthy pregnancy and healthy lo.
    I also pray for all ttc ladies for their bfp.
    I cannot thank enough all il's who always supported and been there when in need and provided positive and caring words and praying for all of us.
    hope to hear more success stories soon!

9 people like this.
  4. travellover

travellover Bronze IL'ite

Re: TTC progress & two weeks wait... Part-II

MY SUCCESS STORY.

Married in March 2009. Decided to have baby in March 2012. Was suffering from irregular periods, so as soon we decided to have baby
    we went to Fertility clinic... Doc asked me to reduce weight and first 3 months she just put me on metformin 1000mg/day and asked to meet her ONLY after reducing weight.. They also didall preliminary tests starting from HIV,Thyroid,semen test for hubby and stuff...

Well i bought treadmill and reduced upto 3kgs in 4 months, And met her after 4 months, she started First cycle..

She gave Clomid from day3 to day7. Egg was too small on day 7. So she gave FSH injections for 4days, when egg reached 20mm, gave HCG to trigger and suggested timed intercourse.. Well this cycle was a failure. I was very disappointed.

I decided to take break and reduced 2more kgs, and did read below mantra for 45days. then started Shasti Vrat for 5months. Well i was pregnant while doing 5th month shasti pooja. I have no words to describe Murgan's Karunai on me...

After break went back to doc, she asked me to do HSG to check if tubes are good. So that month we could not TTC. Next month again i was given Clomid from day3 to day7. Egg was too small on day 7. So gave FSH injections for 4days, when egg reached 20mm, gave HCG to trigger and suggested timed intercourse. This time my Endometrium line was only 7mm, it is supposed to be atleast 8+. She told line is thin, no high hopes this cycle. And told we may have to do Fully injections next month....

15DPO i checked, it was negative, we had my FIL's shradda next week, so took Primolut n for 5days to postpone periods, but even after 10days of stopping primolut i dint get periods, i did pregnancy test, i got BFP. I went to doc immediately did Blood test, scan and confirmed i am already 6 weeks 2days and they could see feotus heart
    beat tooo. Wow happiest moment of my life.. M no praying Garbharkshamigai mantra daily to keep my little one safe...

TIPS I FOLLOWED..

1. Take metformin regularly, it helps reduce sugar levels, also helps to reduce weight.. It will take atleast 6months to work, dont loose patience.

2. IF First cycle fails do HSG, i feel it helped me by clearing minor blocks and it is said you are fertile first few months after HSG..

3. Doc suggested a Vaginal tablet and IC alternative days after Ovulation. (this was not done in first cycle) not sure if this helped.

4. Do read above mantra's it surely helps.

5. I believe shasti vrat helped me conceive within 2 cycles...

6. I started giving away Idli' breakfast to 10 people on Amavasya on every month. (my dh does amavasya tarpanam to my fil, so i used 2 give breakfast danam tht day)

7. I visited temples like ' Shree Ambegalu Krishna Sannidhi (Navaneeta Krishna) (Dodd Malur). '
    Santhana Srinivasa Perumal Temple at Mogappair (Chennai) and visited many Nagaraja
    temples and ,many other temples suggested by friends and relatives..

8. Dont loose hopes, keep praying god, he will surely bless soon.. ​

8 people like this.
  5. sowmyaraman81

sowmyaraman81 Gold IL'ite

Re: Lucky thread for TTC lovely ladies ..

Dear All.,

I just wanted to share my TTC story here because THIS THREAD IS VERY LUCKY FOR EVERYONE WHO IS TTC:)

I am married from Nov2008., during that time hubby had lot of loans so we postponed our plans for family to one year. From the day one of marriage i suffered a lot because of MIL's torture.Her words are very harsh.Cannot forget each word till life long. I hate God during that time because of giving me such a life.I will not talk back anything to her. I will hear whatever she says.I will never answer back.My sis also lives in Bangalore and she was my great support.I will just tell everything to her and of-course in IL forums.

From 2011 July we started to go doctor as i saw everybody who got married after us got pregnant.We went to Cambridge hospital. I was diagnosed with PCOD. My only place where i will be myself was IndusLadies.In the meantime my Sil was pregnant for the second time. And she came and stayed in our house for one year with the elder one. Mil's just hate me during that time a lot and everybody in the house will just see me suffer and will not support me for anything.I will cry to my husband a lot. Every day i will cry. I was working from 2011 and i will spend most of the time in the office only.All my Six cycles of Clomid failed:( and we tried 2 cycles of IUI's that also failed.

After so many discussion Doctor advised me for Laparoscopy. And in laparoscopy everything was normal and chief doc told me I need IVF because of failed IUI and Clomid cycles.My lap was done on March22nd. Still the situation at home was the same.

Post Lap i was confused and posted the below thread in IL. Thanks to each one of them who have helped me in my tough times.
    (http://www.indusladies.com/forums/f...conceive/214995-iui-or-ivf-2.html#post2769678)

My sis who is a great devotee of saibaba will always ask me to pray God for child.When ever she says i will just postpone it.She told she will pray on my behalf and distributed Roti and Raw onion in sai temple on every Thursday for 9 weeks. In the month of April i got my periods induced after laproscopy and requested Doc for one more clomid cycle. I was completely positive this time. But again GOD tested me I did not get the lining properly. I thought this cycle also will get wasted.Doc gave medicines for my lining and lining improved. She suggested we will go for IUI this time as Follicles was good. I did as she said.

(04.05.2013) From that day of my IUI i started to pray to Baba and Murugan for Child. I slowly started to be positive and did not feel for anything what ever my Mil says. B4 i used to cry for each and everything i don't know what power entered into me i did not bother for anything Slowly my Mil's reaction towards me also changed. In the mean time office work also increased and once fell down also on the road. I surely tht this is a failed cycle.

On 10dpiui i got a dream that i am testing and it was positive. I told my Hubby about it. He did not bother much.

I tested myself on 18.05.2013 and It was Light positive:).Now I left everything to God.And saw my sac on first scan. Doc has advised me to come after 15days. I am having hope that everything will be positive this time.

These are the things which helped me to get pregnant.

1) Not worrying about anything in the TWW. Not even checking my symptoms.(Even went for my Boss son Admission which is 60KMs distance from Bangalore)

2) Daily massage on the Abdomen

3) Took Hubby for all follicular scan

4) Prayed a lot and spend lot of time with Hubby

I just want to tell you all - PLEASE don't worry for anything and ALWAYS THINK POSITIVE AND BE HAPPY ALWAYS. If Husband and God Support is there we can achieve anything.Pray to God Murugan and Fast on Tuesdays (Both husband and wife). We did this for 3 months.

I am still praying for all of you here. I have strong faith each and everyone who is praying for LO will be soon blessed.
    Sorry for the long post.

6 people like this.
  6. sumipani

sumipani Silver IL'ite

Re: Success stories using fertility treatments

Hi Friends,

I got married on 2002 from 2 months of marriage I have gone through infertility treatment because I had PCOS. I gone through 1 IVF in GG hospital chennai and 4 IUI all are fail. Then 3 IUI in Pune fertility center- Pune which 1 IUI was success but I had miscarriage in 31/2 months. Then I had again 3 IUI in Kamini rao hospital Bangalore . All three fail and doctor Kamini Rao suggested to go for IVF. That is my 9 th year of married life which we decided to give last try. Because I already last hope and disappointed about my 9 years tring to conceive. And my final IVF was success and Doctor tried ICSI. They planted 2 embryo's. both clicked. Now I have twins a boy and a girl 19 months old toddlers. Thanks for starting this thread many will be getting hope after reading this thread.
    Except GG hospital , Pune fertility center and Kamini rao hospital gave good treatment. GG hospital was over crowed and most of the nurse or other service people will not give respect to the patient and treat as if we gone there in no other go.
    For us for last IVF it cost one and half lacks including all hormone injection's and medicine in 2011. But it differe hospital to hospital. Where as GG hospital IVF one lack twenty thousand in 2006.

6 people like this.
  7. blessbabydust

blessbabydust IL Hall of Fame

Hello Lovely ladies

I am happy to announce my baby birth on 5th July 2013 i would like to share my experience for the second time in pregnancy which hopefully inspire others who are in this journey for success .

In April 2012 i got conceived was happy about that and announced my pregnancy in May 2012 to everyone but unfortunately at 10 week onwards i had spotting and started to bleed badly in June 2012 which led to miscarriage i was devastated and lost hopes of my life . I went thru lots in my mind consulted astrologer everyone said you have difficult pregnancy and chance of conceiving for second time is a doubt and many said you have only one child in your birth chart . I wasnt happy to hear that ...

But hang on ladies i have full faith on God (saibaba and garbharakshimbigai amma ). In July 2012 i made up my mind and was trying to reduce my weight and back in shape i was waiting for D&C procedure which got scheduled in sept 2012 and doctor said promisingly that after two cycles i will get pregnant. All these were happening medically but what i did apart from that .

1.After D &C procedure i started my sai baba 7 day stories in Oct 2nd week on 6th day morning i had a wonderful dream in early morning that BABA is rolling coconut on my tummy ... i was shocked and got up to realize it was a dream . I prayed to BABA and wished on the 6th day arati that dream should come true . I finished the 7 day sai stories and likewise on 3rd week of OCt i did pregnancy test and found that i was pregnant .......... so surprised and happy to earth ........ :) i thanked baba and until today and till my death i will be thanking baba for his gift . Inspite of predicition i had a really smooth and happy pregnancy.

2. Also i prayed to Garbarakshimbigai amma everyday without fail and also i prayed murugan . I believed strongly that i will have second baby .

In a chapter BABA makes the astrology prediction untrue ..i have read the stories many times but i experienced it really in my life .

So ladies out there all i can say is faith and belief is the thing that will make anyones dream come true.

Thanks so much to saisakti mam and surya mam for all the support during this journey which give me more confidence . :thumbsup

8. momandme

momandme Silver IL'ite

Re: Trying to conceive for 2nd time..

I thought I would share my experience.

I have PCOD and a 5 year old son. I used to be on metformin and other stuff before my son was born. None of it worked! I tracked my ovulation and conceived. After that decided to opt out of all medications. When he was 3, I conceived naturally, but had to terminate the baby at 23 weeks due to some complications.

We decided to try again last year naturally. I used a ovulation predictor and tried. It worked and I delivered a baby girl early this year. My learnings from the entire preg planning sessions : Don't stress and Don't make intercourse a chore. Prayers help! I took both my kids to Garbarakshambikai temple to thank the Goddess for blessing me with wonderful kids!

Good luck to all of you who are trying!

9. waitingtobemom

waitingtobemom Senior IL'ite

Re: Challenges of Fertility and how to overcome to achieve motherhood - Article Serie

Hi Ladies

I just wanted to say a big THANKS to you all for all the positive vibes and hopes which you give through this forum:thankyou2:.

We have been ttc for 2 yrs and after one failed IVF and laprascopy, i am now due in march 2014 with natural conception:cheers.

Just wanted to share my experience:

The problems : Blocked fallopian tubes, Ovarian cysts, Low AMH, Endometriosis

Treatments: Had a laproscopy done for endometriosis. During the surgery they did the dye test and found out that one of my tubes was completely blocked and the other partially. The doctors directly told me to try IVF. They told even if i try for a natural conception, chances of it being ectopic were very high. So we decided not to waste time and try IVF. But that too was a big failure :-(. Tried Comid for 3 cycles, but in vain. I was really devastated and so husband and i decided to take a break and try IVF again after 6 months.

6 months got over with naturally trying and again we were making ourselves strong for another round of IVF. We decided to just wait for one more cycle and then contact the doctors. But to our surprise i tested positive that very cycle:rotfl.

So ladies, please dont loose hope and stay positive. Here's what i did and i believe to the core of my heart that each one of these helped me in a big way.. so i guess if this helps to at least one, my job here is done:thumbsup

1. Started worshipping Laddu gopal and pledged to do 125,000 mantras of santan gopal mantra ( which i am still doing).

2. After reading in IL, pasted the picture of an open Pomegranate and another of Fertility goddess on my bedside.

3. Walked daily for 30 mins or more

4. Relaxed myself and my hubby during intercourse, trying not to make it a chore..

5. Wore loose fitting trousers.

6. drank a smoothie consisting of milk, strawberries, banana, wheat grass and honey. I read somewhere it is supposed to be a fertility drink. Also, drank loads of water as a task.

7. Kept myself busy and happy. Left everything on God.

So hang in there ladies. I believe every girl has a little munchkin waiting for her. Just a matter of time. Dont loose hopes, no matter what the doctors say. Sometimes whatever happens just happens for good.

10. Endlesshope

Endlesshope Platinum IL'ite

Hello my beautiful ladies :)
    The last i posted this vent
    our life
    was when i was totally lost and feeling boxed up .

But here i am a year and half later to share with you all that we have been blessed with gorgeously handsome baby this October 8th :)

Thanks all for the support , for the prayers and for more importantly helping me get through my dark phase.
    Going through fertility issues can be very nerve wrecking , especially when starting your IVFs/ICSIs/IUIs and not really knowing if the end result is going to be positive. So i thought i would share a few things i did with my IVF/ICSI that i am hoping will be helpful to atleast a few of us here:

Prior to IVF : since we knew the only way to have a kid was through IVF
    1. Started to save as much as possible starting from 6 months to the scheduled first IVF. Understand all your financial options, cause you never know if its going to take 1 cycle to succeed or 10.
    2. Faith can move mountains, but when comes to issues like fertility it is also important to really understand your diagnosis. And see where exactly you stand practically.
    3. Trusting your RE is really important. If you cant get yourselves to have a trusting bond with your RE change him/her ASAP.
    4. Maintaining a healthy eating/ exercise regime.
    5. Stay stress free as much as possible. I personally cut out on all the relations i considered toxic. Made sure I and my happiness comes first.
    6. A month before IVF had my HSG and Hysteroscopy done , this I really think helped.

After ET :
    1. The first thing we did after ET was go to a temple, and pray to give us strength and patience to get through :)
    2. Since it was just me and dh [neither of our parents knew we were going through this] we lazed around like sloths, watched all crappy movies, basically relaxed. And tried not to fret and get anxious [ i know waiting for 2 weeks with out fretting was the most Herculean task of the whole process]

3. Made sure I dint get close to the stove or anything hot. Some thing silly that I did was wear socks all the time , read at some random fertility forums that it helps the uterus stay warm and helps in implantation.

4. Got back to work 2 days after ET. Went for 30 min walks. 20 mins of meditation every morning.
    5. Drank atleast 12 glasses of water. 2 cups milk. fistful of walnuts.

Me and dh made sure that we are not going to constantly obsess over the symptoms, we allotted ourselves 30mins every other day to obsess and vent . Anytime I found myself thinking about a slight ache I would call mum or talk to any of friends or get onto IL :)
    Diet :
    me being a vegan,changed my diet completely once we found out our lil bean stuck , started to include more protein[ Whey powder/ greek yogurt/eggs] and fiber rich foods, switched from rice to brown rice and steel cut oats. Cut out on any kinda carbs , weekends were my binge days :)

Exercise :

Started with prenatal yoga from week 14 to week 36 twice a week , walking around 2 miles [ prior to ivf was doing 5 mile trail three times a week] thrice a week.
    the Laura dutta yoga routine i think is pretty decent to try Prenatal Yoga Routine - Lara Dutta - YouTube

I am sure I have missed out on lot of other pointers, so any of you ladies need any kind of info or help please do let me know.
    Loadsa blessed blessed baby dust and patience to all the TTC ladies and Happy and healthy nine months to all the preggos.
    stay safe,
    EH :)

1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.