Infertility - social and family aspects

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by sonal, Oct 30, 2005.

1. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

SBC- hello

Dear SBC Glitter,

Hope you are well. I have not heard about Ovulex, but surely any money back scheme sounds a bit dubious. I heard from reliable sources that Shady Grove Fertility Clinic in Virginia is good- results are commendable and they charge fairly. Most importantly, I have not forgotten abt my promise to get you names of fertlity doctors and clinics in Bbay. I will send them by mid August. I just wanted to get names used by family or friends.

Good luck and I am sure you will be a mom very soon.

warm regards
    Vidya

2. gvi

gvi Senior IL'ite

Hi All

I am not sure if I am reviving this thread or its active . Actually I am in the same boat as you guys. Married 5.5 years back trying to conceive for the past 1.5 years actively for the past 1 year. Have been referred to RE this month.

I totally agree that its really depressing sometimes when you hold others babies. Not in a wrong sense but just that I dont know when my time will come to hold my baby. I dont know feeling this way is wrong.

Geetha

3. anusha123

anusha123 New IL'ite

My First Post

Hi Friends,

This is Anusha and nice to meet you all.
    We will have good time in sharing and caring each other through IndusLadies.

Thank you and more in my next posts.

4. prabhudevan

prabhudevan New IL'ite

i sawmany others are in the same boat as i was.after birth of my first child i was diagnosed to have infertility due to pcos. meanwhile my husband got job offer in it city bangalore.here i met a very good gynaecologist dr prabha singan e.p.m.c womens clinic,opposite to big bazar 9th block jaynagar.she is said to be a very good gynaec endocrinologist as well.i am already pregnant,planning to deliver in her hospital or in cradle hospital jaynagar.one other friend of mine from chennai with a similar condition is treated by her, and following with her planning to deliver under her in sagar apollo.please do consult her for good result .byefor now.mrs.prabhudevan:hiya

5. sam1230

sam1230 New IL'ite

Sonal

I know what you are going through.The Pressure from family members cause more stress.I went thro that and the best way to handle is ask your husband talk to his mother.You guys don't have to update about your treatment as parents back home get confused with the information we give.Instead ask your husband to talk to his mother and not talk much about this.It will happen when it has to happen.

I went through that frustration for 5 years and now I am blessed with twins.So don't get emotional with what others say as it will put more pressure on you and that delays conception.

Waiting for your pregnancy news
    Sammom

6. Mythraeyi

Mythraeyi Silver IL'ite

Hello ladies,

I was going thru this thread and it is heartening to hear of other peoples stories. I too have this problem - did all the checkups here and in India and the docs say both of us are fine but still no kids. fortunately my husband, parents and in laws are very supportive and this helps me a lot. It is really hard to cope especially when you are alone here and everyone around you has babies. Hopefully we will all be blessed soon.

Mythraeyi

7. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

Hi Mythraeyi,

Amen to your words. I too have not yet been blessed with a baby after 12+ years of wedded bliss. Our life, in this aspect, has not suffered insidiously because relatives on both sides, especially the parents have been very supportive and encouraging.

But when trying to conceive after long years of marriage, the one thing you dont want to hear from your gynaec is that nothing is wrong with both of you. If only something is wrong, then one can get medical treatment, rent a womb or whatever and get it done well. But waiting for God to grant and planets to be pleased is the longest wait. Still, we keep our spirits up knowing that it is worth waiting for good things in life.

And yes, almost everyday I pray that all aspirants in IL and fertility clinics should be blessed with bonny babies ASAP.

Goodluck to all of us!

regards
    Vidya

8. Mythraeyi

Mythraeyi Silver IL'ite

Hi Vidya,

Thank you for your kind words. We too try to keep our spirits up but sometimes it is really hard. But like you said, good things are worth waiting for. However it breaks my heart when I see some parents abusing or even killing their own children and I wonder why the good Lord saw it fit to bless them and not us. Anyway I think He has his reasons.

I see that you are from Trivandrum - last year in March we were there for a day (en route to Nagercoil which is our native place) and had the opportunity to visit the Padmanabhaswamy temple. It was very nice. Hopefully next time we will have some time to visit other places there.

Regards,
    Mythraeyi

9. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

Dear Mythraeyi,

As you say, it is sad to see parents abusing their children, comparing children, ignoring them. At the end of much analysis, I feel that there is nothing like 'bad parents'. I guess even Andrea Yates was not a bad woman or a bad mother. Maybe it is psychological imbalance, sheer desperation- something beyond our grasp that makes parents act in unparently modes.

I am glad that you like Sri PadmanabhaSwamy temple (SPS temple). And this info about the temple might be pertinent here. Many already know, still am posting. In the SPS temple, we can get an archanai done for the Santanagopalam. It costs Rs10 each for husband and wife and is most effective ,if both can go there together. One buys the archanai ticket and gives it to the archaka in the main sanctum (where Sri Padhmanabha Reposes) and specify that it is a SantanaGopalan archanai. They perform it and hand the prasadam. Step two is to go to the cradle on the keft side of the Sanctum. The guard will open the chain and we step up. The cradle has three idols of babies made of wood or pazhukkai. They look like tiny babies, mind you are really HEAVY. The husband and wife have to life them up, hold them like an infant, you can even whisper your desire in the ear and then place them back gently in the cradle. This is the full process of SantanaGopala archanai.

Added to this, one can also go to the Ananthankaadu shrine just outside the North entrance and offer milk and turmeric, sarpa ootu, sarpa bali etc for the Naagaraja there. Ananthankaadu is also a shrine where couples pray to be blessed with children.

And for some personal trivia, I am from Nagercoil too, Asramom gramom.

regards
    Vidya

10. Mythraeyi

Mythraeyi Silver IL'ite

Hi,

I was not aware that we can perform this at Padmanabhaswamy temple. On the day we went it was very crowded. There was some special function, even the Maharaja of Travancore had come to the temple. however we did have a good darshan and hopefully next time we go it will be to give thanks for blessing us with a baby.

nice to know u are from nagercoil too - it is my dad's native place (parvathipuram gramam). no one from the family lives there now - only occasional visits.

Regards and happy new year. hope the new year brings some good news for all of us.
    Mythraeyi