1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Inferiority complex

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by ceremony, Dec 18, 2011.

1. vchelluri

vchelluri Gold IL'ite

It seems that you are completely carried away by the opinion of your friends. Don't make others to decide your happiness. If you do so you will be in real danger and you will be in search of happiness years together not knowing/feeling the one with you already.
    If you had wished a tall guy, you should have pointed it out before marriage itself. You have compromised on this issue for some reason but seems you are repenting for it now which is of no use.
    When you are saying that he is nice, caring and good husband now, his height should not bother you much. Maybe the differences you had before with him are making you to think like but every couple will have some differences in the beginning and even for long in some which are quite common due to the difference in the background/environment they are brought up. But once he has changed his attitude and is caring towards you, other things which are minor should not bother you much.

The height difference of myself and my husband is very little (just 1/2 and inch difference) which didn't allowed me to where heels which I like most but I am not bothered much as it is minor for me compared to the love and affection I get.

So be happy and cherish the love of your DH and please don't allow others to spoil your happiness.

Regards,
    Latha.

1 person likes this.
  2. DST

DST Bronze IL'ite

Be Happy that your DH is atleast few inches taller than you. There are couples where guys are shorter than their wives..What do you say for that? Don't worry abt the look. If your guy is taller and not a kind hearted person,what will you do..forget it and move on and have a happy life....

1 person likes this.
  3. SriVidya75

SriVidya75 Platinum IL'ite

I wonder how would you feel when you come to know that your husband also has similar feelings about some of your shortcomings!!!!

Yes you made a sacrifice...but for who??? did your husband push you to make those sacrifices?>?NO....it was for your personal reasons you decided to marry him. but after marriage, what matters is are you happy with him or not...if you keep looking at what you didnt have...you will loose sight of the precious things you have..and one fine day you will realise your msitake...but for all youknow...time is lost...

2 people like this.
  4. ceremony

ceremony New IL'ite

Thanks everyone for your advices.
    I dont blame my husband nor do I say he forced me.
    It was just my guilt and needed some advice.Thats all!
    me and my husband had lots of problem in the beginning but now its better.
    Thanks again.

5. chocolate

chocolate Platinum IL'ite

Ceremony,First of all they are not your friends. Second of all , you are professional educated, yet you think like a small child. Its like your friends got a toy you wanted.As far as problems in marriage , everybody has them. Even your friends with tall husbands will have them. That has nothing to do with your husband being short.You shud come out of such petty things.

On a personal note, I myself wanted to marry a tall person.But my husband is the same height as me. But I wont be cruel judging him becoz he is not tall. I too had problems in marriage. He can be a doll when he wants to and I love him for that.We shud judge a person for what he is not how he looks. Atleast , I dont.Think about all this. Good Luck.

1 person likes this.