1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Inferiority complex

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by ceremony, Dec 18, 2011.

1. ceremony

ceremony New IL'ite

I have been married for 4 years. I have done professional education.
    My height is 5'2" and my husband height is 5' 41/2". always wished tall guy.
    I feel lot of inferiority complex going with me. my friends also say in some n other way hat he is short. My friends who have married have tall husband.
    I know i should not think like this as he is my husband. I ont know hw to feel.
    nature weise we had lot of problems in beginning. now he is otherwise , nice, caring and good husband.
    Have anyone else felt like this. please suggest me how to think.

regards,

2. SriVidya75

SriVidya75 Platinum IL'ite

I really dont understand why men/women dont pay attention to such things during the match making process/bride/brdigeroom seeing process??

What were you doing at that time? Now you are married to this man. Dont create rifts in your married life just because of what your friends say. what matters is how is he as a person and as a husband? looks fade...even tall guys tend to grouch when they get old...but the real inner beauty and good nature stays for ever.

3 people like this.
  3. satchitananda

satchitananda Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Ceremony,

What problem do your friends have with your husband's height? It is perfectly alright. There are tall people and not so tall people in this world. (The not so tall people are equally important for the tall people to get their superiority complex and ego kicks from). I get the feeling your friends have nothing to keep their minds occupied. Such people would comment on the height difference between you and your husband if it were a lot more.

So please keep yourself occupied more productively, than bothering with such stupid comments.

2 people like this.
  4. Special

Special Silver IL'ite

Do you really think height is such a problem?Its a matter of fact,thats it.The most important thing is that he should be a good person .Dont worry,enjoy your life !!Dont miss the happy moments for this simple things...

2 people like this.
  5. Megalife

Megalife Platinum IL'ite

Hi Ceremony
    ...well said SriVidya.
    Bear in mind..."good things come in small packages".....what the heck, a big packet full of nothings is even shoddier, how would you munch through all of that (or waste!)...Focus girl...may be you are so perturbed by the size that you might be missing on savoring some of his fine traits.
    Mega

6. flowerlady

flowerlady IL Hall of Fame

Please stop listening to your friends comments about your DH. How would they feel if you commented about their DHs physical attributes ?
    Grow up , you could have rejected the proposal , no one forced you into marrying him.
    What if he goes on cribbing about your looks then how would you feel??

7. ceremony

ceremony New IL'ite

Dear Srividya and flowerlady,

Thanks for your reply.
    No on forced me to marry him but there are times when we have to sacrifice something for other.
    TIME MATTERS! but ofcourse i dont want to mention my big story as why i married him.
    I dont care about my friends comments, it was just inside me to marry a tall guy so neede IL thoughts on this.

8. ceremony

ceremony New IL'ite

Dear Satchi, special and megalife.

Thanks a lot for your kind replies.
    Thanks for your positive replies. I appreciate it.

9. Chandrika82

Chandrika82 Silver IL'ite

If your "Friends" make comments like that, maybe its time to re-evaluate whether they really are your friends.

1 person likes this.
  10. flowerlady

flowerlady IL Hall of Fame

Dear friend,
    How can one increase ones spouses height ? If one is overweight then something can be done . But such genetic attributes cannot be helped , better accept him as he is.
    Is there any other option? What if your DH wanted a petite shorter girl , maybe a 5' one then what could you have done ?
    He can wear shoes which actors wear to look taller.